Chatt, TN Active Members?

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Layren, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obivolkenobi Jedi Knight

Layren, Sarka - thanks for the book recommendations. I'll check a couple of those out. I read the original Zahn trilogy, but then kind of stayed away from some of the other books because I kind of like to use my own imagination about what happened after ROTJ. Now I'm getting to where I want to read some of them.

I'll probably check out some of the Clone War books, too. I read somewhere that in the fairly near future they will publish a couple of books set in the time period of Knights of the Old Republic. That'll be pretty cool.

Also- my wife is a internet whiz and has her own website and said she would help put up our website! She said for us to come up with some ideas and she could do it.
  2. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    I can bounce around a web page or two myself...
    In case you need some Flash or stuff...

You can register and put up a site pretty cheap - (If you know where to do it at!)
    I think I paid ($100 for 3 years) for our company site and the haunt website is somewhere close to that.

My "other" business site is a freebie, but I hate the extra JARGIN "geocities""20m""etc" So much cooler to have a direct site... but cost is a concern...
    Sorry back to lurking
  3. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Oh I agree that a direct site would be much better. I have a geocities page and I'd rather avoid that if we could.

I would LOVE to have something done in Flash on our site. What do you use to animate? I've been dying to learn Flash, but I'm not really sure where to start. Also not sure if I'd have to time to start another project, but slow and steady wins the race... unless Flash becomes outdated by the time I learn it. LOL Anyway, once we get going on a design, I'd defintly love to see what you could come up with.

Quit lurking! We know you're there. It is useless to resist.
  4. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    The cheapest and best software I have found is from Coffecup - I have Dreamweaver and Fireworks etc...
    (COMPLICATED) But Coffecup Firestarter has limitations, but my son can make FLASH!
    CoffeeCup.com

Let me know if I can be of any help!

"This is not the Lurker you were looking for..."
  5. mr_nightmarez Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just did some searching -
    My webhost is running about $250 every 2 years or $125 a year.

This site claims $93 and change for 1 year site -

http://www.powweb.com/review.html

So it averages $100-125 a year. Depending on # of members cost is not too bad?!

Also this one -
    http://www.godaddy.com/
  6. Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Cool! Thanks for the links. At our next meeting, we'll hopefully start putting together some ideas as to what we want to do on the site. We should have a name picked out by then and I think we have some logo ideas going. Nothing elaborate.. at least not at startup.

I guess now's as good a time as any to start thinking about it. Let's see...
    Contact names, member list, upcoming events, previous meeting notes... what else?
  7. darthjess Jedi Padawan

See my post in the webiste thread about this subject and check out ICDsoft.com for the info
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.