main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON activities/events

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Boba_Darzel, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Darzel

Boba_Darzel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    What kinda stuff do you guys get involved in?
    Ive always been more of an independent Solo type star wars fan, being the only massive die hard star wars lover in my friends group.
    im a 21 year old male going to school/working in st catharines/thorold.
    Ive not been to any conventions and such but am interested in attending.
    Basically my whole life i have enjoyed star wars alone, as my brothers grew out of it, when i just grew as a fan exponentially.

2. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey!

We do all kinds of interesting things in YJN, from simple get-togethers (movie nights, camping trips, swimming) to fundraisers for Women's Place in St. Catharines. Usually these are raffles, or raising awareness through marching in parades like Grape and Wine. We are planning our 2nd Annual Softball Tournament with some other clubs, and we had a trivia contest for the release of Episode 3.

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    We do alot as Steph said, the best part is just getting together and having some fun :)

The Forceball game and the Grape and Wine Parade are the next big things to come up, one involves costumes, the other involves hitting things with bats...both are most fun!

Hope to see you come out to the next get-together!

4. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    The Forceball game and the Grape and Wine Parade are the next big things to come up, one involves costumes, the other involves hitting things with bats...both are most fun!

Ahh but which is which? ;)

I believe Steph and Justin covered all the bases as to what we do, although we havn't had anything since the line up at the pen.

5. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    oh, I have a question, do you have a date for the Grape and Wine Parade? I need to book time off about 3 1/2 months in advance in order to actually get it.

6. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    Grape & Wine is always the last Saturday in September.

7. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    4 days before my birthday then.... good. I have that weekend already booked off.

8. Boba_Darzel

Boba_Darzel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    whens baseball?
    im a solid ball player

9. Jedi_Squire

Jedi_Squire Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    At the start of the spring a few of us wanted to get the ball rolling but because this is such a busy time of the year with Celebration, Episode 3, Toronto Trek and SFX, it looks like that planning for a charity softball event for next year. However, the idea of at least having a non charity softball event may still be a possibility. That is why we want to have a meeting soon so we can discuss events for the rest of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.