main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Activities to do in August

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    We've got most of July figured out, so let's start thinking about August.

Several times we've talked about going up to Big Bear. Well, here's another chance. They have all sorts of events at the Discovery Center. The following is the schedule for the whole day of August. The music event that evening is what interested me the most, but they have all sorts of stuff throughout the day. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Saturday, August 8
    ? Kayak Tour; 9am-11am. Reservations required, for more information visit our tour page. Fee: $30 per person, ages 10 & up.
    ? Build a Bird House! 10am. Bluebirds will love your yard with this well-designed birdhouse that you can build! We will provide kits for individuals or families to build together during this 2-hour program sponsored by Riffenburgh Lumber Co. Class limited to 20 people, first come first serve. Fee: $10 per kit
    ? Gold Panning; 11am-12pm. Come learn how to pan for gold! Children will learn the process of gold panning, using real panning equipment. The "gold" is pyrite, and children can take home their findings along with an informational handout and a certificate! Fee: $3
    ? Map & Compass; 12pm-1pm. You won't get lost in the woods with these skills! You will have the opportunity to walk a course to test the skills you have learned. FREE ~ Donations appreciated
    ? High Flying Rockets; 1pm-2pm. Get a chance to build your own rocket from recycled materials then see how high it flies. Class limited to 12, sign-up at the front desk. FREE ~ Donations appreciated
    ? Nature Walks; 1pm & 2pm. Free 30-minute guided walk.
    ? Canoe Tour; 4pm-6pm. Reservations suggested, for more information visit our tour page. Fee: $25 adults, $15 children (6-12).
    ? Music in the Mountains ~ Captain Cardiac and the Coronaries; Classic Rock & Great Dancing. Looking for a real blast from the past? Captain Cardiac and the Coronaries is arguably one of the premier 50's and 60's rock 'n roll shows for over three decades. Their high-voltage performances have been in demand worldwide and featured at such high profile events as three Super Bowl events and inaugural events for the Governor of California and the current Mayor of Los Angeles. They are known for leaving crowds screaming for more; so, fasten your seatbelts and get ready for take off. Fee: $15 Adult (18+); $10 Teen (13-17); 12 & under FREE. Tickets available online and at the Discovery Center's Adventure Outpost.

Any other suggestions for August??

2. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Why do I like "Captain Cardiac and the Coronaries" so much? I don't know, but I'm willing to go to their gig.

3. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Any chance anybody else would like to do another beach trip in August?

4. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Yes Please[face_dancing]:D

5. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Motion seconded! Er, thirded! Er...:confused:
    Anyway, I agree with the beach motion! That'll give us all a whole month to recover before frying again...;) Kidding! I think the next time I go to the beach I'm going to charge the camera longer and take the tripod so excitement doesn't jiggle the picture again...not to mention find a higher SPF of sunblock and have it on a timer or something. Oh yeah, and a bigger hat...the very tip of my nose got burned with the other one and now I look like Rudolf!

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Let's get this ball rolling. How does August 22 sound for another beach trip? Do you want to go to the same beach or try a different one? I really liked this one because of the all the rock formations. It made for beautiful scenery!

7. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    22nd sounds great and I think we should go back to this one as we like it! No need to mess up a good thing.:)

8. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Same! Same! same! [face_dancing] We still need to explore the other side.

22nd will probably work, though I'll have to warn you, I just may bail at the least minute. Depending on how soon Mom and Dad find a house they qualify for, we may be in the middle of packing or escrow or something.

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Bump.

Are we still on for the beach on the 22nd?

Is that our only trip for the month?

10. bigredk9

bigredk9 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2009
    Hey there. Have a potential activity for your group but would like to run it by your leader first. Can you please PM me at cliff@missiodeicc.org. Thanks.

11. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Suggestion for August activity

SW in 30 minutes will be playing at the
    Beverly Hills High School on August 15th
    there will be a 2 pm and 8 pm show.
    Tickets are $10.00

I know this is a distance - but trust me, if
    you have not seen this you should! It is fantastic!

12. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I'm sure we'll be there, Kari! Beach! Beach! Beach!

13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    *joins in with Sonya*

Beach! Beach! Beach! Beach! [face_dancing]

And I still haven't finished the video for the last trip...[face_blush]

Saw the 'Star Wars in 30 minutes' show at CIV and while it's funny, it's not something I'd be willing to go all the way down there for.

14. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    No beach for me. Again. :p
    Wouldn't you know it, the Vetco vaccinations are the same day as the beach trip and I absolutely have to get the doggies vaccinated.
    Oh well. Next time. :D

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Just wanted to confirm with everyone that Saturday the 22nd is BEACH DAY!!![face_dancing]

In case some of you that haven't been on the boards lately or might have missed the date, the IEFF is having another beach trip in 1 1/2 weeks from now. We hope to see as many as you there as possible!:)

List of whose going

Mike + Wifey (Wifeys sister Rochelle + Dane)
    Kari
    Sonya + Darren + Seth

16. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Not sure yet if we will be able to make it yet. Will let you know.

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    We'd love to have you and Bill with us![:D]

18. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    I'll try. It's still pretty busy around here.8-}

19. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Any other takers for the beach trip?:D

20. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm going to a "Welcome Home" party for a friend I have not seen in person for about 6 years. Have fun, though.

21. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Looks like the beach trip is out for us. Still really tight with the money and I don't think I can let my leg be in the sun to long. Plus, you don't want to see the scars on my leg and not being able to shave for the last several months. Oh, oh icky ick.

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Emily, are you still joining us?

Sandy, I'm sorry you and the fam won't be able to make it!

List of whose going

Mike + Wifey (Wifeys sister Rochelle + Dane)
    Kari + sun canopy
    Sonya + Darren + Seth

23. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    No, I am sorry, I will not be able to join you at the
    Beach this weekend. Would love to! but can not... :(

Next meeting I will be there!!!!

24. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    If it's at all possible I could be picked up, I want to go. [face_praying] Sorry for the last-minute stuff...our house-hunt has been driving everyone insane. 8-}

25. bigredk9

bigredk9 Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2009
    Just a reminder for all those who are interested. We are doing the all night Star Wars Movie Marathon Charity Fundraiser at Missio Dei Community Church in Riverside. FREE ADMISSION. You can see all the info at www.missiodeicc.org/starwars

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.