main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Activities to do in July

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    Looks like July 11th is the Saturday I have off from work.

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    The 11th works for us as well:)

3. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    I think the 11th would be better

4. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!...not being the most technologically advanced guy in the galaxy use your imagination to picture a smiling and wildly applauding emoticon here;)

5. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Alan, I love your enthusiasm!!!

6. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Cool! That will be a weekend Darren is off on his rotation to play guitar at church, so he won't have practice on that Saturday! That beach looks beautiful, btw. I LOVE tide pools!

7. Darth_Al

Mar 21, 2009
    Glad you appreciate my genuine but admittedly lo-tech enthusiasm;)

8. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Here's a couple of really short video clips from the Firework show last year. One is one of the flyovers, and the second is one of the sky divers. There were more than this but here's just a sample. There's lots of excitement with the poeple, take a look------>

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/?action=view&current=Redlands4thCelebration708147.flv

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/?action=view&current=Redlands4thCelebration708148.flv

9. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    July is out for me. Moving/Unpacking! Yeah!

10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    The 11th sounds good. I would need a ride, though...[face_whistling]

11. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    We'll make sure you get there, Carrie!

12. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
  13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

This place is awesome! I was there a couple of weeks ago as i'm trying to get there account for work. They told me we could get like a private tour if we wanted as I told them about us.They've got Space Days coming up. I'll post a fyler later today. Great ideas indeed Stuart.

14. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Mike, are you drinking and typing again??
    [face_shame_on_you]
    You gotta ease off on the drinking, buddy.
    ;)

15. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Oooh, great suggestions Stuart! =D= I especially like the idea of Joshua Tree. That place has so many trails and great scenery it's not even funny. It's a regular mecca for rock-climbers. =P~ That would definately have to be a winter location, though. I don't think anyone wants to fry in triple-digits.

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Just saw this 1st Annual Long Beach Comic Con

This would be a perfect event to get a booth if we could and do some fund raising by raffle!

Official Press Release!

MAD Event Management is proud to announce the Long Beach Comic Con, to be held October 2-4, 2009 at the Long Beach Convention Center (LBCC) in downtown Long Beach. The convention will feature the industry?s best and brightest comic book talent, publishers, gaming companies, mass-media guests and must-attend programming sessions.

In a show of support for this brand new convention Marvel has already pledged a limited edition incentive book which will be offered exclusively for show attendees who pre-order tickets. Lionsgate Films (SAW VI & Daybreakers) will be exhibiting on the show floor as well as comic publisher Aspen.

?The facility and staff at the LBCC are awesome, and the fans in the area that I had the privilege to meet at previous comic cons left a strong impression on me as well as on the guests and exhibitors. We?re excited to be coming back in October,? said event planner Martha Donato, President of MAD Event Management.

Currently scheduled to exhibit on the show floor are Aspen Entertainment, CGC, and Fourth Dimension Entertainment. New exhibitors are signing up every day. Further announcements will be made with updated exhibitors.

Notable comic artists committed to appear thus far include: Jimmy Palmiotti (Jonah Hex), Amanda Conner (Supergirl), Peter Tomasi (Green Lantern), Tim Bradstreet (Punisher, Blade), Dustin Nguyen (Detective Comics), Scott Lobdell (Uncanny X-Men) and Peter Stiegerwald (Soulfire, Fathom: Kiani, Ultimate Wolverine).

For a complete list of events, guests, activities, ticket prices and times, visit www.longbeachcomiccon.com.

Tickets will also be available at select comic book and hobby shops in the Los Angeles area.

About MAD Event Management

MAD Event Management is an all-purpose event planning facilitator whose principal owner has over 12 years of experience producing annual large-scale consumer conventions around the country, including Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and Dallas. MAD?s capabilities include: Site Selection, Exhibit Staffing, Marketing Plans, Vendor Selection, Floor Plan Development, On-Site Execution, Sponsor Exhibitor Sales, Travel Management, Contract Development, Setup & Disassembly and Contract Coordination. Visit www.madeventmanagement.com for additional information.

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Great find Stuart! This could be fun indeed. I definitely like the idea of a booth, but I would be curious as to the people who if there was an interest, if they'd actually take the drive to our events. Ofcourse if we end up with the two types of membership, maybe they'll do that...[face_thinking]

I know there will be people from all over, so maybe this might be something to look at. I'll call them and find out about booth cost and location of it and will let the group know. If we decide that this may be something we want to do, then we do it!

18. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    The San Diego Comic Con gives fan groups tables for free. Maybe this one will, too.

19. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    When/where's the July meeting? or is it posted somewhere I'm just not seeing?

20. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    We're not having a "meeting" for July. We had discussed and agreed that there really isn't a need to have a meeting every month, just when it's something that can't be taken care of online. We do want to "meet" every month, though, for F-U-N! July is the beach trip!

21. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Can we start a July Event thread with the details for the 11th? That way i can link it to the website/facebook tonight.

22. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Long Beach Comic Con Update

I spoke with a guy today who will speak with a person who he works with about us and about getting some sort of table there. FYI...this could be kinda cool folks (thanks Stuart for finding this). This would give us some really great exposure and a chance to strut our stuff!

I asked - "told him" about getting a free table. I told him what we're about and he was impressed and he told me he'd get back with me a day or two, so I definitely will keep you posted on this one! This is the beginning of October. The 2nd - 4th. So if this is a go for us, get ready to make plans. Think about it, we could be part of history in the making here, as this is LB first Comic Con. They seem pretty excited when speaking with them.

23. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I thought this WAS the event thread:p
    I can put diections, time, etc. later today:)

Okay folks I want to do a recount for the 4th firework show. I'm going to get tickets tomorrow Tuesday. You can pay me when you get there. Please re-post if you're going:

Mike + Wifey

24. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    I hope you guys aren't going to be mad at me for this. I haven't commmitted yet BUT, yesterday at church they asked us all to cancel plans if we had them on the 11th of July to help with this project. We have this group CIA, Christians In Action, that meets about once a month to help out families in need. On July 11th they are helping out a widower with 11 children. I guess he just needs major, major work at their house from cleaning to repairs. They've never asked us to cancel plans before, but they said this project is just huge and they need all the help they can get. I don't mean to flake out on the first event as VP., but since it's just a fun thing and not something we're having a booth at, I kind of feel like I need to go help with my church.

25. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Debbie, I won't be making to the beach trip, but if I were, I would say help out your church and this nice family and don't feel bad about it at all!!!!

This is more important than a trip to the beach.

I hope to see you soon!!! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.