main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Activities to do in July

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Carrie, are you still coming, if so, do you still want to carpool?

What time does everyone up here want to meet? How does 8:00 sound?

Oh yea, who's coming?

2. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    I guess I'll go. I'll drive if need be.

3. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Carrie, are you still coming, if so, do you still want to carpool?

What time does everyone up here want to meet? How does 8:00 sound?

Oh yea, who's coming?

Beach Bums

Mike & Shelia
    Kari
    Kris

4. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Yes, I'm still coming. :) While I have the physical ability to ride my bike there, it would take two days of hard riding both there and back. ;) So yes, I still need a ride.

Any takers? [face_batting]

BTW, the video camera is definately coming. So all you camera-shy people, look out! (not that anyone in this group was EVER camera-shy, except yours truely [face_laugh] )

Any time is fine for me. I can get up with the birds if I have to.

Oh, are we planning on getting wet? I want to know if I need to bring a swimsuit and/or towel. (and a coverup. You guys don't want to see me in a swimsuit, LOL)

5. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006

I'm bringing my swimsuit, so ah, please no filming!!:eek:

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Carrie, we'll make sure you get a ride.

Debbie.... how's that list coming? I've still got my fingers crossed!

7. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Carrie, do you have to be home by a certain time?

8. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    Bad news guys, but now I can not go to the beach. My sister's getting a new horse on Saturday and I have to be home for the drop-off and such. Sorry!

9. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/beachmap001.jpg]

Here's the plan for our beach trip. Me, Wifey, Kari, and Carrie will be leaving the high desert for Aliso Beach at 8am to arrive at 9:30am-ish. I've draw a perfect no brainer map for you to be able to print out with directions to follow.

When you enter the parking lot, you'll see these automated parking ticket dispensers. Parking is $1.00 per hour and they ONLY TAKE ONE DOLLAR BILLS.:)

Once out of your car, if you're looking directly at the beach, we'll be to the right of the parking lot within 100yards. Kari is bring her EZ up (thank you Kari), so look for the blue EX up. We're bringing a large beach umbrella as well. If anyone gets there for whatever reason before us, you'll want to set up to the right of the parking lot as it's less crowded on that side, as well as the tide pools with all the sea life is over there. Or simply wait for us to show up. We WILL BE ON TIME. :D

Okay here's directions and if you have any questions, please feel free to call me. If you need my number, PM me if you don't already have it.

From wherever you'll be coming from, you'll want to get on the 91 West to the 55 South. Take this until you get to the 5 South.

Take the El Toro Rd exit off the 5 South and turn right. You'll take El Toro Rd for about 4-5 miles until it dead ends at Laguna Canyon Rd. You'll want to turn left there.

Once on Laguna Canyon Rd., you'll drive about 4-5 miles until it turns into Broadway St. You'll only be on Broadway for about 1/4 of a mile, as it dead ends at Pacific Coast Hwy 1. You'll turn left here.

Once on PCH, you'll drive about 2-3 miles and it'll be on your right hand side. FYI, as your driving and get close to Aliso Beach, you'll see a beach at the bottom of the hill (This is Aliso Beach), turn right into the parking lot at the bottom of the hill and you're there!=D=

10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Teachnically I don't HAVE to, but I do have church the next morning and I wouldn't like to doze off, LOL. Plus my family all goes to bed early and I don't relish the idea of being locked out. Could I get home by 10:30 PM, please?

Don't worry, Sonya. If you or anyone else does not wish to be filmed in their bathing suit, you have my solemn promise that I won't. All you have to do is ask. [:D] Of course if I 'happen' to be filming a wide shot and you 'happen' to come into frame by accident... I can always edit the footage.

This is exciting! I've never actually been to the beach before...unless you count 'beaches' at lakes, rivers, and bays.

11. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Wow! How is it that you've never been to the beach???

I'm not sure yet what time we'll be there. Darren might have to meet with someone that morning, so if I wait for him, we might not be there until noon or so. Or, Seth and I might go without him and he'll come when he's done. OR, he might not have to meet and then we'll be there earlier.

I can't wait, I'm so excited!

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    We're excited you're coming too![face_dancing] [:D]

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Carrie, can you get somebody to drop you off at the Super Target parking lot by 7:45 Saturday morning? That's our meet-up spot. I'll be sure you get dropped off at your house when we come home.

14. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    I'll be there. :)

How is it I've never been to the beach?
    Dad hates long drives down the hill, Mom doesn't like cold water or crowds, all of us sunburn easily, and none of us 'kids' learned how to swim until we were teenagers, so the beach just seemed like too much trouble....that and I saw 'Jaws' too much as a kid. ;)

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Since you mentioned the sunburn issue, be sure you bring sunscreen!

We plan on meeting somewhere toward the back of parking lot, rather than close to Target's front doors.

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The EZ up is strapped down to the luggage rack, beach chair and umbrella are in the car. Now, I need to get myself packed. Do I even have a swimsuit? Not sure about sunscreen either. Only thing I know for sure is that I have about 20 beach towels. Sounds like it's time to diversify

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I've got SPF 50 on the sunscreen. You're covered there.:)

18. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Are you planning on traveling to the sun? ha ha

19. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Excitement Insomnia strikes again! I fell asleep at 10:30 last night and woke up at 2 AM...and have not been able to sleep since. :rolleyes:

BTW, if I read it right, the weather forecast for Aliso Beach (right one, right?) is sunny, highs being in the 80's.

See you all later this morning! Yay! Beach! [face_dancing]

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    There's almost no better place to take a nap than on the beach.

I had a hard time going to sleep, but passed out once I finally did. Another good day on the horizon!

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Another perfect IEFF day!

I'm wiped out and need to head off to bed, but I was "instructed" to get the pix posted tonight! :D So, here they are. I'll get the videos up tomorrow.

Carrie, it was wonderful to be able to share your very first trip to the beach with you! I hope you had a very memorable time! I'm glad you chose us today, Sonya, Darren and Seth! Mike and Shelia, as always, you guys are amazing and funny and a joy to hang with!

A few of my favorites!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach020.jpg]
    Surprise!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach028.jpg]
    I think Darren had more fun in the sand than Seth!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach100.jpg]
    Run Carrie!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach023.jpg]
    Not many men could pull this look off. Still looking for one that can!!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach061.jpg]

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach090.jpg]

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach134.jpg]

The waves on the rocks were amazing!!

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach142.jpg] [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach144.jpg] [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach148.jpg] [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009%20Events%20and%20Fun/2009-07-11%20Beach%20Trip/Adayatthebeach145.jpg]

Guess who had my camera for these shots???

22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    WOW! What a day!

Yesterday was, quite honestly, one of the best days of my life. :) I don't know the last time I had so much fun. The sun, the sand, the surf, and the summer breeze were all perfect. You guys were the icing on the cake. I officially love the beach...at least that one.

I don't know when I'll be able to let anyone see the video. It needs a LOT of editing; I was having too much fun to worry about framing, lighting, or subjects, LOL. Oh, well. At least a got a few good shots.

I got rather cooked yesterday and I'm still bushed (my internal clock woke me up at 5:30 today! Yargh!), so I'll check back in later. I have to say, as cool as they are, pictures simply don't do it justice. In order for that to happen you'd need something twice the size of widescreen, complete with that fishy-watery smell, sounds of thundering waves and seagulls, and the ever-present taste of salt. :)

LOL sorry for the poetry-talk there. Seeing something so pretty makes me want to talk funny.

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I know about that stupid internal clock as mine woke me up around 5:30, too!

Learned a valuable lesson about spray on sunscreen. Don't apply it outside in a breeze. I have a really iteresting sunburn pattern all over me. It's rather funny!

Glad you had such a terrific day, Carrie! It was a lot of fun sharing it with you and watching as you took it all in.

24. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    We had an awesome time! I am kind of reddish all over since it was my first time out in the sun this year, but Darren is absolutely FRIED. I don't know when's the last time I saw him so red. It's HORRIBLE, poor thing. Lesson learned! Apply sunscreen frequently! Oh well.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    How's Seth? I know I always made sure Matthew was covered and not myself. How's Darren's back? He had his back to the sun a lot while he was playing in the sand. I'm guessing that's pretty bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.