main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Actor Robin Williams dead, possible suicide

Discussion in 'Community' started by dp4m, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Am I not allowed a little vent if I wish?

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Yes....you are allowed. I guess I'm just saying I'm not surprised.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    That reminds me, did anybody protest Fred Phelps' funeral when he died?

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I hope not... I hope nobody showed up or paid any attention. Let the dude rot, completely ignored and forgotten.

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm not going to lie, I was more affected by the news of Robin Williams' death than I would have thought I'd be. Maybe since this week has sucked, but I was pretty upset Monday night and Tuesday. Mike actually met him when he was in Iraq and said he spent a lot time talking to soldiers one-one. He was talking to Mike when Lance Armstrong walked by and said, "One testicle and he still gets more ******* than me." Very RW thing to say. And I agree that the media's gory details could have been scaled back. That particular kind of way to go is a powerful message about just how much pain he was in, and should have been only for his family.

Darth_Invidious and heels1785 like this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just saw that and wonder how much of a role it played in his decision, if any.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    My guess is, combined with the depression, it may well have been a factor in the deicision to take his own life, but we'll likely never know for sure.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We probably won't. I would bet he assumed he would have to quit acting though.

I remember the day Michael J. Fox announced that he had it and was written out of Spin City.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    His wife has said that he was sober and did not relapse into his addictions before his death, but that he was depressed after being diagnosed recently with Parkinson's disease.

That's probably what did it. :(

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/wife-robin-williams-had-parkinsons-disease-his-94744481702.html

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Michael J. Fox is an atypical case. He was diagnosed in his 20's or something. Most Parkinson's patients are diagnosed at about Williams' age or older.

And I wouldn't proclaim that the diagnosis "did it." That's silly. I'm sure it was a factor for him, but it's not as though he had been happily skipping through the meadow with his butterfly friends his whole life before the diagnosis.

harpua and rhonderoo like this.
  12. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    It's already been 100% established, beyond a shadow of a doubt, and no human being with senses can reasonably deny, that he felt forced to make Mrs. Doubtfire 2, and he was so incredibly heartbroken and upset at Hollywood's abuse of sequels and their attempt to ruin a great movie with money-grubbing, that he felt no other option but to end his life.

This is obviously the ENTIRE story and nothing else matters.

You America, you and your idiotic continued purchase of movie tickets for terrible sequels are entirely responsible for this tragedy.

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    OZK - Not. Helping.

14. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I don't even want to talk about the details of how he died, it horrifies me enough as it is. Let's talk about how wonderful he was in life! The funniest man in the world!

15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    *sighs*

Jesus. Christ.

GTFO

16. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    How else are you gonna get air?

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Not a protest, but...

[​IMG]

Which is the most perfect answer to hate ever.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i mock fan made videos a whole lot. this one is exquisite, and a tear jerker

19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Ghost, are you a psychologist?

20. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
  21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah.... let's not try to pinpoint what "did it." Depression and suicide are complex matters, and trying to presume you know what was going through his mind, based on something from a stupid yahoo article, is pretty disrespectful.

22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I know my comment prompted this, but +1.

23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Is OZK even for real? What a moron.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Pretty sure he was making fun of the idea that Williams being diagnosed with Parkinson's "did it."

25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I wondered if that was the case, but . . . it's hard to know with him.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.