main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Actors the right age?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grand_Admiral_Lawn, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Lawn

Grand_Admiral_Lawn Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    IIRC in the NJO Luke and Leia are in there late 40's early 50's and han is about 5-6 years older.

This would make the actors who orriginaly played the parts the right age. MArk Hamil looks about the same age as the Luke on the cover of Vector Prime and simmilarily Harrison Ford resembles his character on the books. Im not sure about Carrie Fisher but theres nothing a bit of makeup cant fix!

Now seams the perfect time to make some NJO movies or T.V shows, watcha think?

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I believe Ford is actually 61.

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    It would make a lot more sense for them to make NJO movies or TV movies, instead of any other. But I think George Lucas won't do anything near that, and I'm pretty sure the actors wouldn't either.

4. BigSllim

BigSllim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    It would be cool if they did....but they won't. So I say

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIIIMATION
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANIIIMATION
    ANIMATION
    ANIMATION
    ANIIIIIIIIMATIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

:confused:

5. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    NO! NO animation!!!!

yes, the actors are about the right age, but Ford has already said he'll never do another Star Wars movie again, and unless you want someone else to play Han Solo.......

6. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    yeh no animation ecspecially Japanese anime!

why did Harry say he wouldn't do another star wars movie?

7. BigSllim

BigSllim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    What about computer animation?

If comics are acceptable, why not animation?

8. Traders_Luck

Traders_Luck Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    "I believe Ford is actually 61."

no he just turned 60 a few weeks ago

9. Child_Of_The_Ocean

Child_Of_The_Ocean Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    Even if Harry refuses to do another Star Wars a T.V. movie would be great. I personally think they should have had a T.V. show a long time ago (Star Trek has tons). It doesn't have to have the original character's either. They could set it 100 years in the future, or 100 years in the past. That way the Skywalker/Solo legacy hasn't begun yet. I would be completely happy just being about to learn more about the Jedi and the galaxy through a series. After all, that is why I read the books.

Just an Idea. A NJO series would be wonderful on t.v. I don't agree with animation though. By the way Harrison Ford is 60 he said so on Leno a few weeks ago.

10. Lord_Dathomir

Lord_Dathomir Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2002
    Why would Harrison NOT do another Star Wars movie? He's about to do another Indie movie.

11. Mephisto04

Mephisto04 Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2002
    Well... AOTC IS receiving lots of criticism, and I don't think he'll do it on NJO. I think the X-wing series would be great, since they require new actors. Also, I think someone else other than GL should direct it. maybe Spielburg or Ridley, I mean GL is has really lost his touch since ROTJ

12. stecm

stecm Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2002
    Uh, GL didn't direct RotJ or ESB for that matter, he only did the story and screenplay for RotJ and just the story for ESB.

13. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    Actually, in the paper a few weeks ago I read that Spielberg has been wanting to direct a Star Wars movie...but George won't let him. Spielberg was quoted as saying that he understood Lucas not wanting him to direct, because Star Wars is his baby...but he allowed others to direct ROTJ and ESB. Steven is directing the new Indie movie isn't he?

14. Traders_Luck

Traders_Luck Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    steven has directed all of the Indy movies

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ford says he dislikes the Han Solo character, or at least, doesn't find him very interesting and doesn't think there's much else to do with the character. He feels differently about Indy, hence why he's willing to do another.

Personally, as mentioned in Quest's EU TV Show Layout! I think if you were gonna do a TV series, it'd be best just to recast the characters with actors who look and sound similar enough to the original actors but could also bring something new to the role for the post-ROTJ stories. Might be a little jolting at first but viewers would adjust (afterall, it's not like it would be impossible to meet or beat the quality of acting in the OT- heck, the actress who did Princess Leia for the Radio Dramas' work was far superior to anything Fisher did in the films, for example).

16. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    I think if you were gonna do a TV series, it'd be best just to recast the characters with actors who look and sound similar enough to the original actors but could also bring something new to the role for the post-ROTJ stories. Might be a little jolting at first but viewers would adjust (afterall, it's not like it would be impossible to meet or beat the quality of acting in the OT- heck, the actress who did Princess Leia for the Radio Dramas' work was far superior to anything Fisher did in the films, for example).

Ever see that movie Space Cowboys IIRC? With Tomy Lee Jones and Clint Eastwood. In the begining of the movie they have two guys that stand in as young versions of the actors. And then had Tomy and Clint dub the voices, it was great. ^_^ I still don't know how they managed to find a guy that looked sooo like Clint, it was classic.

I wouldn't mind seeing animation, if it is done well say on the level of "Ghost in the Shell" or "Evangelion perhaps". Tales of the Jedi would be a great example.

I wouldn't mind a watching a TV show on StarWars. BUT WITHOUT THE ORIGINAL CAST. There is so much material in StarWars, it doesn't always have to focus on Luke/Leia/Han. Hell, Gimme a prequel-era Jedi romp. Quinlan Vos: The T.V. series baby!!

We're talking HBO quality though. Star Wars "Band of Brothers" caliber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.