main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Actors you'd like to see in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by SatineNaberrie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Benedict Cumberbatch playing a character named Dr. Sherlock Khan. :p

Baron_Papanerd and PCCViking like this.
  2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Dr. Sherlock Strange Khan, or the house Smaug.

But in all serious, Cumberbatch might be a "predictable" name. But he's "predictable" for a reason. He's a really good actor and his acting style would totally fit in with the SW vibe imo.

3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

I think he would have made an excellent, live-action Thrawn.

Palp_Faction likes this.
  4. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    He's getting on a bit now I spose but I always had Jeremy Irons as Thawn in my mind, your typical thesp gravitas but more stoic rather than histrionic. You could argue as well that he's one of the last "unclaimed" thesps as well not really being known for a single pop culture role so it wouldn't feel like "Tywin Lannister in space" the way Dance might a bit(although still I wouldn't say no to him as an imperial officer).

Palp_Faction likes this.
  5. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Why not just cast Lars Mikkelsen if they do the character in live-action, what with him voicing him in Rebels.

6. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    He's a bit older than I imagined a Thrawn actor being. But it could work. BTW, Irons and Cumberbatch would work as intelligent and ruthless, yet arrogant Imperials period.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Still holding out for Tatiana Maslany, of Orphan Black fame...

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  8. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Harry Dean Stanton as an Imperial dead-ender in IX.

GregMcP likes this.
  9. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    would like to see leo as an imperial officer

GregMcP likes this.
  10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Sure.

The First Order is all these sharp young new Fascists.
    The old Empire's fleet returns in Episode 9, and it is manned by the same guys who flew away 30 years ago, and they haven't aged well...

Siphonophore likes this.
  11. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
  12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Christoph Waltz
    as sadistic sarcastic FS leader of a new group that invades the galaxy from outer space through the empire (FO) territory
    Republic and Empire need to join forces for the fight

It would be awesome! You'll love it, It's true,

+ I'd like to see me having a role of course

But I'm afraid it will not happen. Sad, so sad, total desaster!

GregMcP likes this.
  13. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    So I thought this was interesting. While I doubt she'll make a transition from animation to live action anytime soon because of her character's fate is unknown plus the added baggage of explaining her history to a general audience unfamilliar with the Clone Wars/Rebels cartoons I wouldn't mind this if it was done right and if it made sense. Plus Dawson is a good actress and one I like seeing so she could potentially do well in the role and if she's a fan then I don't see why not.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2017/02/rosario-dawson-wants-to-play-live.html

14. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Helen Mirren
    Michael Sheen
    Jared Harris
    Kevin McKidd
    Olivia Cooke
    Brian Cox
    William Peterson
    Amy Acker

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Jeff Goldblum...? I'd like to see him play a character like what he played in Jurassic Park and Independence Day..

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  16. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Bill Bailey
    Julian Barratt

On a Julian Barratt note, I just learned of his new movie "Mindhorn". It was co-written by and co-stars Julian Barratt and Simon Farnaby (Farns Monsbee aka Blue Five in RO), and Harriet Walter (Dr. Kalonia in TFA). The synopsis sounds interesting: A former secret agent with a bionic eye lands a private detective job on the Isle of Man.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4799064/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

17. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Frank Langella - playing a good guy (Jedi) for once.

PCCViking likes this.
  18. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Goldblum would be perfect to voice a droid Character, similar to K-2SO. :cool:

Sarge likes this.
  19. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    With the recent news of Thandie Newton joining Han Solo some people are thinking she'll be a villainous role. Obviously we don't know what kind of role it will be yet but I'd still be interested in seeing either a leading female villain or a secondary female villain who does actually have a role and isn't just background like Phasma was in a film. There are plenty of actresses I've mentioned in the past I would like to see in female roles and anyone of them could play a villain or hero:

Actresses I've Mentioned Before:

Hayley Atwell (As maybe a Imperial Officer like a Moff or bounty hunter or Slaver)

Famke Janssen (Either as a Moff maybe a recanonised Ysanne Isand as the head of the ISB or Slaver or a female crime lord)

Katee Sackhoff (Returning as Bo-Katan if she survives Rebels and makes sense to appear in a future film)

Natalie Emmanuel/Ruth Negga (They were my choices for Rae Sloane who some people think Newton could be playing but I have doubts she will)

Cate Blanchett (As Governor Pryce or some other villainous figure)

Kate Mulgrew (As a Rebel Alliance General)

Sigourney Weaver and Linda Hamilton (As aging Rebel fighters perhaps veterans of the conflict who've been fighting for awhile)

Michelle Rodriguez/Salma Hayek (As smugglers or bounty hunters)

Rebecca Ferguson (As Sugi the bounty hunter)

Alfre Woodward (As maybe a Republic/Imperial Senator or leader figure. Could have been good for an older Steela)

Catherine Zeta-Jones (As either a Smuggler or Rebel Fighter)

Some Recent People I've Thought Of That I Think Could Be Good:

Rene Russo (As either a Former Republic Senator/Imperial Senator or a female crime lord)

Robin Wright (Again could play a political role of a Senator/Officer)

Glenn Close (Would also be a Senator perhaps working with the Rebel Alliance or Resistance if we're also casting for the Sequel Trilogy?)

Maria Bello (As a Smuggler or Rebel Alliance spy)

Uma Thurman (As either a Female bounty hunter/Inquisitor)

Michelle Pfeiffer (As either an Inquisitor/Sith or Slaver)

Bridget Regan (As a female bounty hunter)

Helena Bonham Carter (As either a Sith or maybe a Nightsister)

Wynn Everett (As a female crime lord or Slaver)

Marina Sirtis (As a Sith or female Officer)

Lara Pulver (As an Inquisitor or bounty hunter)

Katie McGrath (As a bounty hunter or pilot)

Jaime Murray (As a bounty hunter/Inquisitor)

Lana Parrilla (As an Inquisitor/Sith)

Lena Headey (As a female Storm Trooper or bounty hunter. Many people cast her as a villain which yeah she'd be good at but she's played it a lot so I want her to play something that isn't necessarily villainous)

Eva Green (As a bounty hunter. Much like Headey is often casted as the villain so I want to try and cast her as something not necessirly villlainous)

Faye Marsay (As a Jedi Master or Inquisitor. Could be good for either role as hero/villain)

Natalie Dormer (As a First Order officer or a Knight of Ren. I don't necessarily feel want to be casting Sequel trilogy roles but I wanted to not be casting the same kind of roles in the same eras)

Diana Rigg (As a Jedi Master/Sith Master)

Sharon Stone (As an old smuggler friend of Han's mentor in Han Solo film that could maybe come back for the Sequel Trilogy as someone who knew Han in the past)

Michelle Gomez (As a Female Officer/Sith lord)

Neve McIntosh (As a smuggler informant/club owner)

Carice Van Houten (As a Nightsister/Sith Master)

Diane Kruger (As a Rebel Alliance fighter/Resistance fighter or Mandalorian)

Jessica Brown Findley (As a female Detective. Again trying to branch out here for possible films. I would like to see a noir detective story in the future as a spin off)

Yvonne Strahovski (As a bounty hunter)

Sofia Boutella (As a Rebel Fighter or bounty hunter)

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (As a female smuggler/scavanger)

Jessica Chastain (As a Rebel General)

Lily Rabe (As an Inquisitor or Nightsister)

Tuppence Middleton (As a pilot or archaeologist)

Olga Kurylenko (As a bounty hunter)

Teri Hatcher (As an Arms Dealer or Gangster)

Jena Malone (As a female Pirate)

Olivia Thirlby (As either a Storm Trooper or Saboteur)

Hailee Steinfeld and Anya Taylor Joy (As a pair of young Thieves)

Again there's plenty of people I named or haven't named that could pull it off I think.

20. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Starwarsfan9000

Good list. I wonder if Thandie Newton may play Rae Sloane. She wouldn't be an admiral by this time, but she may be a full fledged captain (depending on when this is set) and she's tasked with hunting down smugglers.

As for Hayley Atwell, I could see her is a more ruthless Admiral Daala, and I agree with Famke Janssen as dear old "Iceheart."

21. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    Yeah Daala would be a good role for her you're right. It is in some ways like if Peggy Carter were a villain a smart capable woman in the military who is looked down upon for her gender until someone gives her a chance and proves herself. Part of why I casted her is too my knowledge she hasn't played a villain and I'd like to see her as one to cast against type. I don't know if you keep her connections to Tarkin though. Maybe she's still his protege but that's as far as it goes any stuff about having an affair wouldn't be there at all I don't think.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    So... Just Jeff Goldblum then?

I like Michael Anderson and Jonny Lee Miller

23. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I think that Thandie Newton might be too old to play Rae Sloane, given when the Han Solo movie is likely taking place (although she could play Sloane in the post-ROTJ timeline, or just an Imperial in general). If they want a pre-ANH Rae Sloane, then Ruth Negga or Nathalie Emmanuel would make more sense imo.

And yes, Famke Janssen and Hayley Atwell could also make for great Imperials as well (also seeing Atwell play a villain in-general would be cool).

PCCViking likes this.
  24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Arnie playing the force in human form, that's who I want to see.:p
    [​IMG]
    I don't have anyone else since in general I'm indifferent about SW casting.

25. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    jon bernthal as a bounty hunter ( see his punisher from the netflix daredevil series and you will see why)

benedict cumberbatch as a grand moff tarkin,/ grand admiral thrawn type role

Cameron Monaghan sith ( see his joker on gotham )

sophie turner as a jedi ( big big fan of hers)

clancy brown ( voice of lex luthor from jl animated series) voicing new creatures

i would also like to see duncan jones take on a star wars project

heaven forbid if it ever does happen i would like to see the group 2 steps from hell take the scoring reigns if john williams either passes or retires.