Actual pic of General Grievous?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by Fettforce, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_CHINA Force Ghost

star 5
    I never cared much about the character, but I think he looks fine. :)

I'm not that interested in second rate villains, I prefer the real deal: Palpster & Vader! ;)

2. redxavier Force Ghost

star 4
    Where was this guy in Episode 2?
  3. niennumb1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Invictus_Sol:

I'm fairly easy to please, but this is just getting ridiculous if you look at it. I think George is just setting up his next 10 years of his future in creating as many characters as he can so they can make toys of them and in 5 different variations. ;)
  4. Spaced Jedi Knight

star 2
    this is dissappointing, it doesn't look at all imposing, it looks way too 'clean', and he resembles Jack Skellington from 'A Nightmare Before Christmas'
    I always thought Episode 3 didnt need another bad guy what with Dooku, Palps and Anakin, and I believe it even more strongly now. This guy looks like he was designed for the Clone War cartoon series style of artwok/design, and has been slotted into the film.
    Just think, we could have more Christopher Lee, Ian McDiarmid or James Earl Jones instead of this folly.
    Sorry guys, I'm glad for the people that like it, but it seems like Emperor (Palpatine's) New Clothes to me.
    This is the first bad thing about Eppy 3, even the darth Vader lookalikey fan art would have been better than this
  5. majin_yami Jedi Youngling

star 3
    When I saw the front cover, I hoped it was the guy on the right. That guy looks menacing. The actual GG looks kinda weedy.
  6. MasterP Force Ghost

star 7
    Where was this guy in Episode 2?

No! Grevious wasn't in episode 2.
    But he will rock in 3!
  7. Xorbo Jedi Knight

star 3
    hahhahaha.

imagine if grievous was that radio guy in aotc.

that would be so stupid. and funny.
  8. oldken Jedi Master

star 4
    i really believe that this pic looks more like what he'll look like in the clonewars cartoon, than in ep3,

but i too have been worried for a while, oh well, like everything else, here i guess well have to wait and see!
  9. Jedi_Learner Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    General Grievous looks incredibly stupid and looks very embarassing. I sure hope he looks alright in the final film.
  10. Palpatine346 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Poor GL is going to get so many complaints. The bad guy in this movie should be Palpatine not some skinny blue robed pansy!!! The movie is supposed to be dark.
  11. LordCLS Jedi Knight

star 1
    All you GG bashers need to chill... GG is most likely gonna get as much screentime as Boba Fett in ROTJ or maybe 5 or so minutes more. His role is VERY minor.

I would bet my bottom dollar that the reason LFL had been keeping him so damn hush-hush/area 51 is THIS very reason. GL most likely wanted to keep the character low profiled to avoid the very hype/hate he's getting now. Not because he's this uber-kewl charater he wants to surprise ppl with.

He was most likely created for the sole intent to give Obi-Wan something interesting to do while being separated from Anakin.

People are blowing this character WAY out of proportion. The GG fans are gonna be let down the same way the Maul fans were because of his short amount of screentime. The bashers will harly notice him.

The funniest complaints are from the folks who are witching that we should see Vader killing Jedi not GG. Gimme a break - the PT was NEVER intended to be about Vader's life, its about his birth. This is why we won't see him till like the last 5-10 mins - once he's born, this part of the saga ends.

No where in the OT was it ever stated Vader killed ALL the Jedi but that he HELPED the Empire hunt down and kill the Jedi (helped being a key word). In my eyes when Anakin strikes down Mace and joins Palps, he ceases to be Anakin Skywalker - with or without the suit - in my eyes, this is when he becomes Vader. And it is THIS man who whoops some serious Jedi arse in the temple.

GG on the other hand probably only killed a handful of Jedi in his career, even fewer onscreen in Episode 3. Unless we see hundreds of saber hilts hanging on the wall in his quarters then its safe to assume he killed a small portion of the thousands of Jedi in the galaxy - way less than we will see Vader/Anakin kill onscreen. GG strikes me as a coward who hides behind his bodyguards who are the real jedi killing machines - I don't see anyone complaining about these guys.

As for the lightsaber wielding, my gut instinct tells me he won't touch the things until he gets desperate fighting Kenobi. Executing Shaak-Ti with her own is just a way of adding insult to injury.

For me the debate on whether GG is necesary or not is pointless - like I said, something interesting for Obi-Wan to do while being separated from Anakin.

-LordCLS
  12. majin_yami Jedi Youngling

star 3
  13. JediMasterDylan Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm waaay late to this party, just wanted to add that this pic of GG and the robota art in another thread are some of the most non-robot robotic art I've seen in a long time! Something about GG's face and the Chiang Robota desert figures are just so chillingly mechanical yet organic at the same time.

I just hope as the above long post states that his screen time isn't too short. But since he is the general of the separatist/droid army which is defeated near the film's begining this probably will be the case. :(

I just hope the information that he has an organic brain (geonosian or human/villian brain the Geonosians harvest?) pans out. Very nice old school sci-fi-ishness.

For now my only gripe are the supposed "raptor claws" but I guess it makes sense since that's how geonosian legs are shaped.
  14. forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And for GG ANTI bashers, if you haven't seen his little feet, check here . Scroll down the page; it's the second pic (E_P's pic posted by him showing more feet)!
  15. JediMasterDylan Jedi Master

star 3
    Wow, that art Ewok Pudu posted in the millenium falcon board was niiiiice! Based on the pic though I wonder how his arms split?

16. JediMasterDylan Jedi Master

star 3
    Even so it still has a *hand drawn appearance* to it.
  17. Fettforce Jedi Knight

star 1
    It still is a great drawing. I'm an artist (sortof, sophomore in high school) and I can tell this guy who works for Lucas has real skill.
  18. Fettforce Jedi Knight

star 1
    Check this out --- go down to near the bottom of the page. They deleted his image.

http://www.scholastic.com/titles/whatsnew/march.htm
  19. ogilbyb Jedi Master

star 4
    GGs no coward, hes an incredible warrior created out of an incredible warrior.
  20. Fettforce Jedi Knight

star 1
    Who said General Grievous is a coward ogilby?
  21. Fettforce Jedi Knight

star 1
  22. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Poor GL is going to get so many complaints. The bad guy in this movie should be Palpatine not some skinny blue robed pansy!!! The movie is supposed to be dark.

Palpatine has been the true villain of the entire series from day one. Having a smaller villain isn't going to mean much at all in the grand scheme of things.
  23. Xorbo Jedi Knight

star 3
    but its an easy way to eliminate many of the jedi that need to die, as well as have some amazingly cool looking lightsaber fights.

im all for it.
  24. ogilbyb Jedi Master

star 4
    LORDCLS thats who FETTFORCE.
  25. darkpinky9 Jedi Padawan

that kicks butt! but is it the real deal?? hope so!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.