main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC AD&D & YJCC

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Wocky, if you took the key then you are playing against your established alignment and character.

If you have the key, you cannot protest looting the dead.
    If you don't have the key, then you can protest it.

Also, dp4m is a cleric, meaning he can loot bodies right?

Ramza, whilst Wocky is consumed with existential doubt, can you advise the allocation of party resources?

Pls try and give Wocky a short sword. For me.

2. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    And the boots!

Ender Sai likes this.
  3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh yes.

Wocky, you have some bloody, gore, and sex person residue on your boots.

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I do not have the key. But PG thought I had the key. And I was serious about stopping him from obtaining it whether I currently have it or not.

5. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

He had attacked me first. Am I not allowed to defend my own person in the heat of battle?

Anyway, if the key is unattended, I take it for further study. If Wocky has it, I ask for it, further.

Ender Sai likes this.
  6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I write a letter to the family of the guards explaining how J'abbawocky has dishonorably taken their prized key from his corpses. Unless the Wocky hands over the key to me, I will ensure that their families -- and indeed, the realm -- knows what foul deeds Wocky has done this day.

edit: nevermind, wocky does not have the key. I am instead doodling images of myself on a piece of paper because I am so great.

Assuming I have paper. Otherwise I am just miming doing it.

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    //rolls dice

Whilst you were debating the nature of morality, Iellonicus picked the key up as compensation for a stolen heirloom (which he misattributed to the guards when in actual fact it was merely borrowed by Asta).

Iellonicus, with your wisdom, you are fairly certain you have seen the symbol before:

[​IMG]

You cannot remember where.

Checking the your WIS and INT against a DC, you still can't recall it. It seems the elf, Ramza, is also quite learned and you feel he could provide some insight.

Or he can Google Image Search too.

8. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I will physically engage in PG to prevent him from touching the key.

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    OK.

You tussle like schoolchildren over a key that Iellonicus has.

Whilst this is happening the party has a stash of loot to distribute.

10. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I want to tie Wocky's boots together. I remind you that it is dark, and I have a racial bonus for sneaking (AND hide in shadows).

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I will physically engage in PG to prevent him from touching the key.

Sounds dirty.

12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I attempt to put J'abbawocky into a headlock and restrain him.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "Elf! No, not the ruffian engaged with the bard. The other one, who has the deadly magical powers. Yes, you! I hear your people are wise and learned -- have you seen this symbol before?"

I show Ramza the key, sounding pretty much exactly like a racist yacht owner who's never met a minority before.

Boba Nekhbet and a star war like this.
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ramza, Jello speaks to you out of character for a moment.

Huh?

You what?

Oh.

But I mean, really?

Ok, if you say so.

Ahem. Sorry. Iello speaks to you n character.

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I completely miss the condescension of Iellonicus' remarks as they appeal to my sense of unjustified racial superiority. Instead I regard the key somewhat quizzically. "The Symbol of Waterdeep. I've never been there myself, owing to all the humans, but even the farthest corners of the Realms receive the odd crate or two bearing this sigil what with all the trade routes that go through there. You'd probably like it, I hear there are hundreds of pompous nobles engaged in petty politicking at any given time."

Sarge and Ender Sai like this.
  16. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Can I fire my arrow yet or

17. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    You don't even exist yet. You chose to go smoking in some alcohol place or something.

18. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    watch it. churches are alcohol places too.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ramza has correctly identified the city as Waterdeep! How Iellonicus forgot is beyond me, since his stats are high enough and he loves nobility.

Now that his brain has stopped its proverbial flatulence, GrandAdmiralJello, Iellonicus is able to recall a childhood spent reading books in his room (he could have had friends, if he'd wanted them. Which he didn't) and pouring over tales of Waterdeep and its maps.

You recall the letter from Lord Vivec. Castamyr's Lane... isn't that a street in Waterdeep?

And if we are, as the forest elf suggested, in Tethyr, then the route to Waterdeep would pass Athkatla... where the mysterious coins were from!

20. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Once at a board game convention I beat a whole table full of nerds at my first ever game of Lords of Waterdeep, making myself the king of the nerds. #BeginnersLuck #ConesOfDunshire

Healer_Leona and Ender Sai like this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Dani you earned XP for playing that game, well done.

OK, so given the attempts to distribute look failed badly, I'd propose outfitting the tank - +1 longsword and shield.

Maybe give the padded armour to her too.

Dani, can you please confirm you are in an alcohol and sex person place? Wocky, would going to an alcohol and sex person place conflict with your morals?

22. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I once watched other people play Lords of Waterdeep on youtube. Does that count? (Felicia Day and Patrick Rothfuss were there!)

Ender Sai likes this.
  23. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Yes, tom and I are still brooding in a corner of our alcohol place. #HoodsUp. I'm not sure if there are sex people here, but a gentle-lady in a satiny garter is playing honky-tonk tunes on the piano on stage. It seems anachronistic, yet fitting.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Petty politicking! This is my style. Iellonicus recommends we head over there posthaste, and leave this foul bandit-guard-beezel-infested forest and travel on the road like civilized beings.

Well, like a civilized being named Iellonicus and a bunch of other people he can't possibly vouch for.

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Unless anyone objects, the party collects the loot and Iellonicus makes his manservant, Tunick, kneel so he may comfortably sit astride his riding horse, Princess Rainbow bum.

The party then makes the slow journey west, through the forest of Tethir to the Trade Way.

As you reach the Trade Way, Point Given notes that a half day's walk south from where you are is the town of Mosstone (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mosstone). It is notable because a mandate from the masses grants its leaders supreme executive power; unlike many, they forwent farcical aquatic ceremonies.

It also has a tavern with known alcohol and hood people on its first floor, more alcohol people on its ground floor and a basement level devoted entirely to sex people.

He suggests it might be worth travelling there to find replacement bard supplies