main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC AD&D & YJCC

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Aug 17, 2016.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "A town where the commoners decide who ought to rule? I cannot think of any place more sinister. Are you certain that it isn't catching?"

2. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Oh neat, that's where one of my favorite bands is from: The Bitey Bitey Mosstones! There's probably a bunch of band related merch to find.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Votes in Favour: 1
    Votes Against: 0
    Genuine distress at the prospects of democracy but no firm view either way: 1

4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I would like to go to this place so we can find the true owners of these items.

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

6. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Why do we need this vote? If we just start walking what is everyone else really going to do?

7. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    "Considering I could use alcohol and some sex persons I think that's cause enough to stop here and resupply, no matter what strange human customs they choose to practice with regards to the selection of governments." I tsk a bit. "Imagine not just having your governmental organization bestowed upon you by the infinite wisdom of the Seldarine! It's charming in a primitive sort of way."

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You sound like Hillary Clinton.

Sarge likes this.
  9. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Probably. But as you have pointed out, this is a violent world with no history of democracy, and we are products of that environment.

What's her excuse?

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The same I would wager.
    Anyway Wocky it's nice to form consensus!

11. a star war

May 4, 2016
    You can't force anyone to go anywhere they do not want to go. People are things, and things do as they will.

12. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Going to a town to replenish supplies might be a wise move and there I may honor the Great Oak.

Ender Sai likes this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "Great Oak? Where might I find this Great Oak? I could use a new dress cane and that sounds like the perfect material to have my craftsmen use."

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    "It is the Great Oak of Mosstone, the center o fthe Archdruid's grove", her eyes narrow, " and if you wish to maintain walking on two legs, I suggest you give the tree proper homage as well.

Ender Sai likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    "But if I didn't, at least I'd have a cane to help me walk!"

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Ramza, Sarge and Point Given like this.
  16. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    If it brings me one step closer to never seeing this bard again, I'll go there.

17. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Do you still have him in a headlock?

18. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    He never succeeded in the first place.

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Schrodinger's headlock.

Sarge and Boba Nekhbet like this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Sorry, I was Forcecaged for 48 hours... what'd I miss?

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The party earning XP managing Wocky, mostly...

22. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Impatiently orders another beer.

tom likes this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I'm telling you, if you change rules -- I can Command 1/day on him, or when we get to 2nd level there's a Charm Person or Mammal spell with his name on it...

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The day passes uneventually, though Wocky complains loudly about being hungry, thirsty, and a barbarous murderer.

By your reckoning, with an hour before sundown you arrive at Mosstone. It's a town of about 3000 people, made significant by its presence on the Trade Way. As a result, there are a number of stable and inn businesses designed to meet the specific needs of travellers and goods merchants alike.

Spotting an arbitrarily more noticeable tavern among the lot was easy - it's called the "Lascivious Margaery". The sign promises drinking, wenching, dicing, and sex people.

Inside, you are greeted with a borderline stereotypical scene. It could almost be called bucolic, if bucolic meant what it sounded like and not what it actually meant.

[​IMG]

Something not unlike this. At a ground floor table, looking very metal, is @Boba_Fett_2001's necromancer. He looks like he would be singing songs about Odin and grimfrost darkness. So kvlt.

Upstairs, shrouded in hoods and looking a bit like Strider from Fellowship of the Ring, only more JC, are Boba Nekhbet's fighter and @tom's bard.

Before you interact, though, you've all gained 1500 XP. This may cause levelling in some.

+100XP for Wocky for remaining in character as a lawful good stick-in-the-mud.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    (I'll level people up in a moment. Looks like Rogues and Priests level up, meaning Maik, Asta, J'abba, Frieda and dp4m)

The tavern has rooms available, for a reasonable rent. They look offended when asked if they have hardwood floors to sleep on instead of beds.

The bartender is a young human girl, redheaded and with freckles just like in Dragons of Autumn Twilight. Hey, a callback.

She says the best source for any goods is the morning markets, where weaponsmiths and grocers alike ply their wares.

over to you guys.