main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC AD&D & YJCC

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Aug 17, 2016.

1. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Actually the combat is my least favorite part of D&D.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I think it's got interesting fiddly bits that, in practice, tend to take way too long. A well-executed Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale fight is fun to pull off, but the same thing is horrible when played in person.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I've never played for real but yeah I find the combat tedious on here at least. I'm just in it for malia obama

Point Given likes this.
  4. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    One day I am going to completely obliterate you out of all existence.

Point Given likes this.
  5. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Okay enough commentary? Can we restart the actual game now?

I will gladly have bloodlust or be supportive of the lying thief or whatever thing. But I don't want this thread to end before I revenge Malia in terrible, furious glory for Rogue Number Ten's actions.

6. a star war

May 4, 2016
    When did I lie?

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Yeah I for one am annoyed I let the Stranger Things nostalgia make me forget how launching a vessel into orbit was easier than playing 2nd ed. I've fudged the hell out of combat to make it faster too, as you probably have seen.

OK. Stuff happens, the rest of the people die. A tense silence has erupted following the war of words between the bard and the kender. Reluctantly, it is chalked up to cultural divides, and both leave passive-aggressive 3-star (so, not good, but also not bad. Middling) Yelp ratings for the other. Anonymously of course.

I'll assume you loot the bodies. OZK had a +1 club, a book about how white genocide is a thing, scars on his back from self-flagellating Catholicism, and 2 gold pieces. He is also, crucially, carrying a "wanted" style poster from the sinister Lord Vivec!

WANTED: Band of escaped slaves experiments prisoners

All Legion of Vivec troops: A party of adventurers escaped our Forest of Tethyr base. They murdered Commander Beezel, and may have intercepted communications intended for him.

As you all know, science is completely free of the constraint of morality, and so I must continue my experiments! FIND THEM!

Oh, and um, the employee barbeque for this Friday will be BYO.

-LV

Well! It seems you have attracted the attention of someone guys!

8. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I will never forgive the bard for neglecting to thank me for saving its life. We are sworn enemies for all of eter...Oh look a bauble!

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They barbeque their own employees? I've heard of locally-sourced ingredients, but this truly is the limit.

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Science has no moral qualms about cannibalism!

11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    mmm, long pig

Sarge likes this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    After nearly fifty pages, this seems to have run its course. It's understandable, but it was a good run.

Ender, you did a great job running the show. I could tell that you were trying to streamline the combat. Maybe you could wrap it up by doing the rest of the requested character profiles you feel like doing, and maybe leave the rest to those who feel up to it.

Character profiles could be something like the JCC comic covers, in that it could be something people could do when the inspiration strikes.

13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Can we get an epilogue that explains the end of the story?

14. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I imagine it went something like this:

"upon arriving to their destination, the party was unable to reconcile their differences, and went their own separate ways. The bard, unable to find work of any kind due to his abysmal lack of talent, began street busking before being asked by the local authorities to stop it. When he would not, he was removed from the city by force. He died, frozen to death in his sleep outside of the city walls. There are some in iforgotthenameoftheplace that say you can still hear his horrible wailing on cold, cloudless winter nights, drifting over the dale, but the ethereal reverb has added an emotional depth that the music had previously lacked, and, overall, it was agreed to be better than when the bard had plagued them in life. Still, the guard mostly jam cotton in their ears on those nights."

Ramza and Point Given like this.
  15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    you forgot the part where i lezzed out with malia obama and wocky was liek "NOOOoooOooooOOOOOoooooo!!!"

Ender Sai likes this.
  16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah this totally fizzled out and I blame Wocky myself.

The heroes defeat the plans of nefarious Lord Vivec. Wocky snaps, murders an entire village, and tries to woo Malia Obama who instead has a torrid, loveless but physically charged affair with Maik.

17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    was the village mosstone? cuz that would tie a nice bow on my sidequests

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, they were pacifists who worshipped Barack Obama. Wocky literally bathed in the blood of their children.

What a monster.

19. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    okay then you forgot the part where i reached level 10, went back to mosstone, and burnt it ot the ****ing ground

20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm saving that for a sequel.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The party, how we ended up with Wocky...

[​IMG]

Healer_Leona and Sarge like this.