main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Adalia - Jedi Knight (EU, post ROTJ, Kyp Durron) Kyppie Winner - 2004!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Just wanted to thank all those who voted for this in the Kyp Durron Fan Club Fic Awards!! Thanks!!!! I appreciate the award a great deal!!!!!!!

Adalia ? Jedi Knight

The perspiration on the back of my neck only served to torment me a little more than my own frustration's. I had been working on my final project for more than two standard weeks now and even my five years of training in patience was beginning to wear thin. Having constructed the hilt of my first lightsabre, I was now in the process of attempting to get the correct balance of power to the brilliant green gem I had carefully placed inside. Something wasn't right as it simply wouldn't work and I knew that time was running out, Graduation was in three days!

"Sithspit!" I spat as I dumped the whole lot back onto the table. This wasn't going as I had hoped it would.

"Having problems Adalia?? A sarcastic sneer came from my doorway. I didn't need to look up to know it was Wren Sorrel, the proverbial thorn in my side since my first day at the Yavin 4 Academy. Turning away to pick up my cleaning rag I shook my head.

"No Wren. There's no problem here, at least there wasn't until you arrived." Swinging back to face him I gave a beaming grin as I wiped my hands. He responded with a smile that almost looked genuine, but I knew better than that.

"Well, you know I have completed my sabre, did it in two days. If you need any advice or help,?.." There was that smile again. Did I think he was a thorn in my side? More like en entire bush of them!

"Thank you Wren, but no thanks. Besides, I don't recall the Master saying this was a race" I said tossing the rag onto the table as I stood up. "Might grab some lunch." I added as I pushed past him pulling my door closed behind me. Giving him one last sickly sweet smile I squared my shoulder and strode off toward the dining area. Soon after rounding the first corner I felt my shoulders slump again, who was I trying to kid? He was about to graduate as well and would have been very aware of my feelings as he approached my room. I kept walking, passing the kitchen and ignoring the grumbling in my stomach. I needed to get some air and space between that damn sabre and myself. I kept going not really taking note of my surrounding and began to climb some stairs while lost in my thoughts. Before long I'd reached the top and was stopped in my tracks by the sight of an X-Wing fighter. Leaning against the doorway I wondered who's it was. Slowly pushing myself upright again I wandered out to the ship, running my finger tips over one of the strike foils as I reached it. It felt cool and smooth. Suddenly I felt a ripple in the Force behind me, a presence I wasn't familiar with and frowned as I turned slowly to face the doorway. A young man appeared in the doorway, yes, I knew of him by reputation, but we'd never met.

"This yours?? " asked cooly. He slowed his steps as he approached me.

"Yes, and you are?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Adalia, a student." He inclined his head slightly.

"I'm.."

"I know who you are." I said cutting him off. I'd heard a lot about the man standing in front of me, not all of it good. "Nice ship." I added turning to face the fighter. Somewhere in the back of my mind I wondered why I was being so rude.

"Did it suddenly get cold?" I understood what he was implying.

"Nothing wrong with the weather, probably the company." Damn that was harsh and I lowered my eyes to the ground, it was too late to take it back. "I have to go, work to complete, nice to meet you." I muttered attempting to be more civil. Taking a few steps around him I began to leave when my elbow was suddenly caught causing me to spin around sharply. I found myself face to face with him, his emerald green eyes sparkling

"Leaving so suddenly? Surely I'm entitled to an explanation?" he growled. Stunned for a moment, I stared at him blankly before regaining my senses and wrenching my arm free.

"For what? Now if you don't mind I really do have work to do.? With that I spun on my heels and strode away.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  2. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    That was really good. is there going to be a second part to this story? I would like to read it.

Jez

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hadn't actually planned one. Truth is I wrote this about 4 1/2 years ago and the Luke one about 5 years ago. BUT, I might think about it now!! :)

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    No one else? Come on please????

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    If I write a continuation, will somebody read it? :D

6. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    I would. :D

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    OK, I love a challenge, will start tonight!!

:D

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Told you I love a challenge, hope this is a half decent start.

Adalia ? Jedi Knight ? Part 2

Graduation was a simple ceremony, no medals, no ribbons, no fan fairs. Our reward came in the shape of Master Skywalker's words and knowing we were among the founding members of the re-birth of the Jedi Knights. When he'd finished speaking, I had to admit I felt a kind of elation run through me. My studies were over and an entire galaxy awaited me.

"You are the future, but be wary. Darkness is all around and comes in many different and unusual forms. If you stay aware of the Force around you, you will do well. Congratulations to you all." He said smiling from the tree stump he stood on, adding, "A celebratory meal has been prepared for you all to share with the other students here. I urge you all to enjoy it. I will be speaking to each of you separately to discuss your immediate futures. Now go, and enjoy the rest of your special day." I grinned as I watched him incline his head briefly as he stepped off the tree stump and made his way through us. Several of my fellow classmates approached each other and hugs were exchanged, and I found myself on the receiving end of a few of them. Moving as a group we all made our way to the dining room and once we'd filled our plates with the most wonder array of foods I'd seen in a long time. Seating ourselves around two large tables we began to eat and talk. I listened mostly, as I was enjoying the good sensations each classmate was sending through the Force.

"Hey! Adalia! So, feeling pretty good now?" I turned slowly, the smile slipping from my lips. Wren was almost at the opposite end of the table to me and had managed to catch the attention of everyone between us. I frowned at him, surely after his failure during final lightsabre trial he would be a little less inclined to torment me?

"As I should be Wren, you??"I asked cautiously as trusting him had never been high on my list of things to do. He laughed loudly as he sat up straight.

"Certainly am. But then you should feel pretty good, I mean having a fully fledged Jedi helping you not only build your sabre but going easy on you in the trial." The room fell deathly silent and I felt everyone's eyes on me awaiting my response. Shifting my weight I turned to face him, my expression impassive.

"Is that so?" I asked cooly, having decided that he was not going to ruin this day. He gave a nod, his grin never fading. What was he up to? Did he want a rematch? His sabre was still not working as far as I knew, and his tactics were very 'un Jedi like'. "What makes you think I had help?" I asked evenly. His eyes widened in mock surprise.

"I think it's obvious to everyone here Adalia.?" I gazed at him. I knew what he was implying and I knew he was wrong, but I wondered what he was trying to prove. I was about to open my mouth to ask that very question when I was cut off.

"Jedi Sorrel, is there a problem?" Master Skywalker was standing almost behind me, I'd not felt his presence and attempted to cover my surprise. Wren's grin slipped away very quickly.

"No Master Skywalker." Lowering my head I drew a deep breath to relax the tension out of my shoulders. The Master began to walk toward Wren.

"Are you sure?" he asked as he walked. I could feel the other graduates' discomfort, Wren had crossed the line and they all knew it. The fact he'd been caught this time was a first.

"Nnno, No Problem" he stammered. Master Skywalker stopped in front of Wren, leaning on the back of a student's seat to study his face carefully.

"Good" he spoke evenly and calmly, "I'd hate to hear you making accusations against fellow graduates that are totally unfounded." I swallowed; he'd heard everything. Lifting my eyes, I watched as Wren squirmed nervously. The air was thick enough to carve and I desperately wanted to leave. Suddenly Luke Skywalker pushed off the chair, "For desert I have arranged a special desert I tasted a few years ago. Chocolate Mousse with whipped cream! I hope you all enjoy"

9. Risste

Nov 26, 2001
  10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Upping as requested!

He smirked as he got up and wandered over to his ship, running his hand down the side of the nose. "Actually, it wasn't me, Luke liked the way we worked together this morning. Pulled me aside after you'd all gone and asked how I felt about it." I eyed him suspiciously before asking.

"And?" Stopping to face me he gave me a quizzical look.

"And what?" I sighed as I stood up.

"And how do you feel about it?" I asked as I approached the starfighter, he'd reached up and hooked his hands into a crevice along it's nose and was leaning on it, a warm smile spread over his face.

"You know how I feel, but I figured you'd be annoyed, so I figured 'why not?'" I stopped and crossed my arms, shaking my head slowly.

"Not a good start Jedi Durron." At that moment I sensed Master Skywalker approaching and turned to face the doorway, as did my companion. Only seconds later he appeared in the door way, pausing briefly as he looked at us both.

"I?m glad you're both here." He said as he strode across the stone toward us, "I need to talk to you Adalia."

"She knows" Kyp said simply. Luke stopped and glanced at me before returning he gaze to Kyp.

"You told her?" he nodded, "Well, I guess it's all settled then." I frowned.

"Don't I get a say in this?" Master Skywalker looked at me seriously.

"Not really." I was surprised by his answer and this showed on my face. "I said I'd be assigning you all." I shrugged.

"You know I actually thought you'd pair me up with Wren." Both men laughed.

"No, Wren is staying here for a while. I feel he has a few issues and would benefit from some time with Kam." Luke spoke evenly with no amusement in his voice although I was sure I saw it in his eyes. "I did hear what he said earlier and you don't have to concern yourself with his irrational comments. I know the truth." Graciously I bowed my head briefly in thanks. He turned his attention on Kyp. "Remember the old ship you used a few years ago?" Kyp frowned before giving a quick nod, "It's being fueled up for you right now. I have a job for you both." He turned to me again, "You feel up to your first official Jedi task?" I grinned.

"Show me where you want me!" I said sounding more confident that I felt.

.ooo0ooo

Two hours later I'd returned to my room and had just finished packing it all up. I hadn't expected to be leaving Yavin 4 quite so quickly and I had to admit I was very apprehensive about the two major changes. Not only was I going to be sent out into the Galaxy as a full Jedi Knight, but I was going to be working with someone who evoked the strangest feelings in me, one?s I wasn't sure how to deal with. Looking around my small room it suddenly hit me that the small space that I have called home for so many years was no longer mine. The mattress on the bed was bare and I?d folded up clean blanket and such for the next occupant. A feeling of loss washed over me as I wondered who would be in here now. A knock at the door startled me back to reality and without using the Force to sense who it was I opened the door. To my astonishment, Wren was leaning in the door frame.

"Bet you're pleased with yourself." He drawled. Drawing a deep breath I simply raised my eyebrows, choosing not to answer him. He looked me up and down. "So, what'd you have to do to get such a plum gig? Did you sleep with him?" I felt my eyes widen at the suggestion, and he only grinned in response. "You did, didn't you? Makes me wonder, you've been here for five years, I've never had a piece of you. Then again, you'd have nothing to gain from me now would you?"

I wasn't going to fall for this and began to close the door only to have it pushed back by his foot.

"Don't think so Adalia, come on, let me in and let's have some fun."

"Get out!" I snarled. This was a side of Wren I'd never seen and wished I wasn't now. Suddenly the door was being shoved roughly open as I realised he was using the Force to do it. Stumbling backward I gathered myself up and straightened up.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Bit more, feeling creative....

Seconds later he pressed his lips onto mine and I cried out as I turned my head away. "Get away from me Wren!" Suddenly his hand was over my mouth.

"SHUT UP!" he said through gritted teeth, rage clear in his eyes "You made a fool of me this morning, and at then later dear old Master Skywalker came to your defense!! Not this time, this time I'm calling the shots and there's no pretty boy Jedi's here to help you!" I felt his free hand begin to roam over my body and it was all I could do to keep the panic out my thoughts. Concentrating against his 'force hold' I gathered my strength and using my grip on the Force I lifted my knee and drove it into his groin. Yelling in rage he stumbled backward, grabbing at his crouch with both hands. His Force hold on me had been released and seeing my opportunity I ran past him pulling the door open and bolting into the corridor, ploughing into someone and bowling them over. Without even looking I struggled to my feet and faced the open doorway as Wren appeared there.

"Get back here you foul witch!" he ground out as he struggled to stand upright and pulled my sabre off his belt. "You'll pay for that!" I heard someone getting up behind me and quickly running away. I chose not to look, instead keeping my eyes on Wren as he staggered forward my sabre now extended in his hand. Drawing the Force around me I calmed myself and attempted to think of a way to dis-arm him. I knew I could have run, but somehow that didn't seem right, I was a Jedi Knight now and something told me I should be sorting this out. Holding my palm up to him I began to speak calmly, reinforcing my words with the Force around me.

?Now Wren, put the sabre down. You don?t really want to do this, you?re just upset right now.? He suddenly lunged at me, swinging the sabre wildly and I duly leapt into the air and after a quick somersault, landed a few metres away.

"You'd better believe I'm upset witch! I'm going to cut you bad for what you just did, and believe me, I will have you before this is over!" He stepped forward, having regained his composure after my attack. Moving backward I watched him carefully, trying to predict his next move. Once again he lunged at me, a vicious snarl on his lips, and once again I moved out of his way.

"Wren! Listen to me!! You don't need to do this!! You're throwing away the last five years for what?" I heard several people approaching at a running pace but dared not turn my head to look. "You're going to blow everything because of a silly misunderstanding!?" Swinging the sabre he lunged once more as the sound of running ceased.

"There's no misunderstanding you stupid little girl. You shafted me, you slept your way to the top and now I want a piece of that action, simple!!" Gripping the handle of my sabre he swung it wildly at my midriff. Arching my body backward I avoided contact but chose that it was time to act. As he completed his swing I dropped down and dove under his arms and knocked his legs out from under him, rolling sideways to avoid the falling sabre. He hit the ground with a sickening thud and I reached my hand out and called my sabre back to my hand as I swung around into a crouch. He rolled on to his back but before he could do anything I leapt up and straddled his chest, holding my sabre horizontal I held it to his neck.

"I'LL THANK YOU TO KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF ME WREN. THIS IS OVER!!" I ground out loudly so he'd not mistake my meaning.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you Risste, you have become my muse!! My inspiration!! Wrote this today between chores..... thank you! :D

His eyes were dark and anger swirled in them, I sensed him gathering the Force but before he could act, a second lightsabre appeared between us from my right, it's vibrant purple blade casting a eerie glow over Wren rage twisted face.

"The lady said it was over." I heard Kyp's voice above me. Wren glared at him and then back at me.

"I'M GONING TO KILL YOU BOTH!!" he spat.

"No you wont Wren." Master Skywalker said calmly from my left, out of the corner of my eye I saw him crouch down beside us, his hand extended toward Wrens face. "Settle down." His voice was calm and I watched as Wren's expression eased somewhat. He was still angry, but he didn't seem to have the will to carry his thoughts through. "You can get off him now Adalia." Without a word I closed down my sabre and stood, swinging my leg back and stepping away. Jedi Durron stepped back, but kept his blade aloft ready for anything. Master Skywalker helped Wren up to his feet and I was amazed at how his shoulders were now slumped and he seemed shattered. "Come with me Wren, let's go and see Tionne and talk this through." I watched in amazement as Luke led him away down the corridor. Wren was suddenly a shattered shell of his former self, I stared after them.

"Are you alright?" I head Kyp ask beside me, I glanced at him and noted he'dput his sabre away.

"I think so, just, I don't know.. guess I'm really confused." I muttered as I hooked my sabre back on, "I have no idea what I did to provoke that."

"I doubt you did anything. Luke told me he was concerned about Wren. Said his competitive spirit was a little on the over zealous side. I guess he saw his sabre flashing out like it did as a challenge from you." I turned to face and for the first time noticed the two younger students standing around 10 metres away. I recognised them as Jaina and Jacen Solo.

"I never challenged him once, not in five years. But if I think back I can recall at least 50 times he's challenged me." I turned to smile at the twins. "I guess I have you two to thank for my back up?" They grinned and nodded. "I'm sorry I knocked you both over, was.." I glanced down the now empty corridor "pre-occupied at the time."

"That's Ok, would have stopped to help if we'd had sabres." Jaina quipped. Kyp frowned at her.

"Don't you two have a class to be at?" he asked. Jaina screwed up her nose at him and groaned, Jacen simply nodded. "Then get!" Jacen turned and walked brusquely, but I had to suppress a giggle as Jaina began to mutter under her breath and slowly followed her brother. Kyp smiled, "Good kids those two." I snorted.

"Like you're so grown up and know the difference?" He gave me a look of exaggerated hurt and I just shook my head as I returned to my room. "What made him calm down like that?" I asked as I looked around my now empty quarters. My packing was finished and I only had two large bags, not much really for 5 years. Kyp stood in the doorway.

"Not 100% sure, but I have a feeling it was something Luke did. See, even though Wren came across tough, his mind isn't that strong." Turning I frowned.

"Really? I would never have thought that." Kyp shrugged,

"Sometimes you have to look a bit deeper, appearances can be deceiving." Slowly nodding my head my attention turned back to my bags.

"So can rumour and innuendo." It felt right adding that hoping to let him know in my back-handed way that I was sure I'd misjudged him a few days ago when we'd met, but somehow I suspected he'd miss it. Picking up my bags, I turned back to face him.

"Apology accepted." He said, a conceited smirk on his face. Shaking my head I rolled my eyes as I brushed past him.

"You weren't supposed to smart enough to pick that one up." Laughing he followed me and took one of the bags from my hand.

"And just exactly how dumb am I supposed to be?" Stopping at the top of the stone staircase I turned to face him.

"Dumb enough"

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And some more, but I think I should start cooking dinner now!! :)

The sun had set hours ago and it was a dark night on Yavin 4, meaning the moon was facing away from the gas giant of Yavin and the distant sun. The stars were so much brighter on nights like this and I'd been sitting on the large rock outside the temple for about one standard hour now gazing at them. I wondered where I was heading and what the future held. The strange emotions evoked by Kyp's presence were foremost in my mind as I attempted to figure out where they were leading me. I felt him approach me.

"Can I join you?" he asked from below, shrugging I answered.

"If you want." Quickly he climbed up and sat cross-legged beside me, his knee gently rubbing up against mine. We sat in silence for sometime until a thought crossed my mind. "How's Wren?" He shifted his weight slightly.

"He'll be fine, Luke thinks anyway. He's got anger and I know how hard it can be to get rid of that. He's got a long road in front of him and it's always going to be in the back of his mind." I turned my head to look at him.

"You still struggle with it?" Still staring at the stars he nodded, I pursed my lips as concern spread over my face.

"You're safe." He muttered.

"I didn't say anything."

"You didn't have to." I felt embarrassed and duly shut my mouth and returned my attention to the stars. The silence soon became uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean?.."

"Yes you did. It's ok, you're worried and you have every right to be. But in my own defense, I have avoided it for a long time now." Uncrossing my legs I turned my whole body to face him, getting his attention at the same time.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to react like that. I'm not worried about being with you at all." He snorted softly as a warm smile spread over his face.

"Yes you are. Consider it part of your training, dealing with situations that make you uncomfortable." His expression was warm. I smiled in spite of myself.

?You don?t make me uncomfortable. I mean you did in the start, but not now.? He didn?t believe me, it was written all over his face.

"Changing the subject, we can leave when you are ready." My mouth dropped open slightly in surprise.

"Now? We can leave now?"

"Yep, Luke gave me all the information we need before your run in with Wren." Stared at him in disbelief.

"You're telling me we could have left like, hours ago?" With a shrug he nodded. Rolling my eyes I got up and jumped lightly off the rock. "I've been sitting here waiting for you!" Uncrossing his legs he stood up and jumped down beside me, bending at the waist and ushering me through with his arm.

"After you."

"This is going to be a very long and painful journey." I muttered as I strode away toward the hangers.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Should be cleaning the kitchen!!

Gazing out of the transparisteel viewport I once again thought of Wren, wondering if there could have been anything I might have done to make him snap like he did. Since my first day on Yavin 4 Wren had tormented and goaded me, tempting me to make mistakes. I had no idea why he'd taken such a dislike to me and the reason still eluded me. Leaning back into my old yet comfortable co-pilots seat I lifted my feet and wedged them against the control panel in front of me. This freighter had seen much better days and was in desperate need of attention, but I guessed the Jedi Order had very little in the way of credits and they generally took what they could get. As I hadn't flown anything for five years I was perfectly happy to sit back and watch for this trip. I heard footsteps behind me.

"Ok, here? I didn't move as a data pad was passed over my shoulder. Reaching up I took it and pressed the ?on? button. He sat down beside me. "What's on your mind?" he asked seriously. Giving my head a little shake I merely grunted. Hearing his seat turn he asked again. "What's going on in there?" I felt his finger tap the side of my head causing me to slowly turn and glare at him. The concern on his face showed me he was serious.

"It's nothing, just thinking about Wren still." He gave an exaggerated sigh as he spun his seat forward again. Scowling at him I snarled, "You have a problem with that?" Punching a few buttons and flipping a switch with overly large movements he replied.

"Nope! No Problem." Funny when a persons words say one thing but their actions say something else entirely. Turning my seat I leaned toward him.

"Yes you do! What? Come on, out with it!" I noticed his mouth had formed a thin line as he gave his head a quick shake and proceeded to ignore me. "I'm talking to you!"

"I know, and I'm ignoring you." He snapped.

"WHY?" I felt I was loosing control and sat back as I drew a deep breath and called on the Force to calm me. "Aren't I entitled to feelings?"

"Sure you are, but why waste them?" Now I was confused.

"What?" Heaving a huge sigh he turned back to face me.

"You're wasting your emotions on someone who really doesn't deserve them! Wren lost it, he built up this hatred of you in his head and for some unknown reason you are actually feeling sorry for him!! I don't get it?!"

"I don't feel sorry for him!! I feel?.." what did I feel? Did I actually know?

"You feel what? Pitty? Sorrow? Hurt? What exactly?" he'd raised his voice now.

"Guilt!? The word came out before I'd realised it and I flopped back into my seat. "Guilt?.." He studied my face.

"Why do you feel guilty?" he asked in a quieter voice now. I shrugged.

" I have no idea, I just do." I felt awful and for the first time in more years than I cared to think about I felt tears welling up. "I didn't do anything and he?.." my voice trailed off. He reached over and took my hand,

"He what?" He asked gently. Swallowing hard I pushed on.

"He was smug at first. Sarcastic, he suggested straight out that I slept with someone to get where I am, he then decided that it was his turn." I allowed my head to hang as I didn't want to look at him, I felt him squeeze my hand gently,

"Go on?"

"I told him to get out but he just closed the door behind himself. Said he had plans for me and that'd he'd be long gone before anyone found me. I ordered him out then and went for my sabre, that's when he took it from my hand and tossed me, like an empty sack, against the wall."

"With the Force?" I nodded.

"I didn't have time to think before he was on me. I eventually mustered enough Force will to knee him in the groin, that's when I bowled the kids over in the corridor." We sat in silence for a moment.

"He actually tried to.." he paused concerned about the word he was about to use "rape you?" I nodded again. I could feel the electricity in the air. "I didn't know that.?" He muttered. The sound of the engines was all I could hear but I felt I needed nothing more.

15. Risste

Nov 26, 2001
    This is great! Finally got around to reading it - more please! :)

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I'll need some time to catch up!!! Will try to work on it tomorrow!!!

17. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    this is GREAT!!!
    Keep it up...

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Only a little more, hope to get some done tomorrow.

I spent the better part of the next 4 days locked away in my room. I wasn't asked once to take over the piloting of the ship and not even questioned about whether I'd read the information in the data pad that now sat on a shelf over my bunk. Save for eating and using the refresher, I'd pretty much spent the time laying there staring at the roof. I have no real idea why either. Lifting my wrist I glanced at my chrono for the millionth time, I knew that we'd be arriving at our destination in the next 5 hours so decided by exile should now be over. Swinging my legs over the bunks' side I grabbed the data pad as I stood and left my self imposed prison.

Flopping down into the co-pilots seat I took a deep breath and forced a smile as I propped my feet up on the console again and put the data pad on my knees in front of me.

"So, I've read all this, anything I should know?" I said cheerfully. He was staring at me clearly confused. I sighed. "Ok, fair point. I'm sorry for the last couple of days, just needed some space, and well, there wasn't that many places to go here!" I shrugged, "Over it now, ready to get on with things."

"Oh, ok" was all he said.

"You know I actually expected you to be annoyed, aren't you?" He sat back.

"Not really, you had things to work through. I figured you'd come out when you were ready, and if you needed to talk to someone, you knew where I was." I had to admit I was a little dismayed by his reaction, totally not what I had expected. "So, you've read the data?" I nodded, "Well, there's more so start listening."

He went on to tell me details that weren't on my data pad. The planet we were heading to had been totally divided into two, had been for thousands of years, but it worked for them. One side was mainly the Southern Hemisphere and spent 70% of its time in darkness, where as the other side was mainly the Northern Hemisphere and spent 70% of its time in the light. So two distinct groups of humanoid beings had developed. The Southerners were tall, had pale skin and very large round eyes. They had fair hair and long arms and legs, totally the opposite to the Northerners. They had dark skin, small eyes, dark hair and were not quite as tall and lanky in appearance. These two distinct forms of the one race had co-existed for thousands of years on the one planet of Sirinkist until now. It seems the crown prince and heir to the northern throne, and the youngest princess of the Southern realm had both disappeared. For the first time, these two cultures were on the brink of war and they desperately needed a mediator of sorts, and someone to find the missing royalty! I frowned as I took this all in, and after some consideration I voiced my opinion.

"Could these two have run off together?" Kyp smiled.

"That's my guess. But the problem there is that even though the two groups share a planet both sides are pretty strict about keeping to their own. So,?.. if they have decided to run off together, it could quite possibly cause a war."

"They'd know that wouldn't they?" He nodded.

"Yes, but do you think they'd do better trying to explain how they felt to their parents and peoples?" He was right, if our theory was correct; they had no hope either way.

"So what are we going to do?" I honestly couldn't see a solution if these two groups were determined not to unite.

"Not sure, I figure we introduce ourselves and take it from there. The two Kings have arranged to meet on a border for us to greet simultaneously, avoiding the 'you saw him first' trouble. Luke arranged that. But I think it might be best to get there and sense them out, see who is hiding what and what they both know. I'm afraid this is a plan as we go. Probably a difficult assignment first up for you."

"A challenge! I'll be fine, I wasn't afraid to be rude to you when I met you." He chuckled,

"And nothing has changed there either." I chose to ignore his smart comment.

"Do we want to stick together, or do we go separate ways?"

"Together to start with"

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Upping myself, with a new post....

After changing into a clean tunic and slipping on my Jedi robe I quietly sat down beside him and watched as we approached the planet. Sirinkist was clearly divided into two sides, dark and light, the irony of that was not lost on me. We approached the dividing line between the two sides. I wondered where we were landing.

"There's a meeting palace for both side to greet visitors," he said as he touched a couple of controls. I turned to look at him.

"Do you mind? If I want to ask a question, I will do so with my lips.? Glancing at me he shrugged.

"Sorry." Gazing back at the planet as it filled the view screen I went over the details I'd read in my mind. Ok, the Northern Prince ? short, dark skin and beady eyes has run off with the Southern Princess, tall, pale and bug eyes. Now I had that straight I sat back and watched silently as Kyp brought the craft in and landed in the bay we'd be assigned. Once the ship touched down I undid my crash webbing and stood and waited as he completed the shut down. Standing he turned to me,

"Ready?" I nodded. He led the way out and as this was my first mission, I was happy to follow. Stopping at the bottom of the now lowered ramp I took note of the welcoming party. Two distinct groups stood in front of us. One the left side of the bay the floor, walls and ceiling had all been painted deep colours of blue and purple trimmed in gold. A small group of men only stood on this side, all-short and dark and dressed in dark robes. On the right side stood a tall group of men in pale almost white robes, which helped them blend in into the background created around them. Down the middle, and I looked down to confirm it, was a line of gold dividing the two groups. Glancing over my shoulder I took note that the ship had been landed perfectly over the line, effectively dividing it in half. I was impressed.

"Thanks" he muttered out the side of his mouth. I spun to glare at him, making my next thought extremely clear. "Get Out!" He raised his eyebrow and gave me a half smile, which only served to annoy me even further.

"Greetings Jedi Knight Durron, we have been expecting you" A tall slender man who'd stepped forward said, bowing slightly at his waist. Almost immediately a member of the opposite group stepped forward.

"As have we, please, His Majesty awaits your presence." He also bowed. The first man spoke again,

"As is our Majesty, please come with us." With that both groups turned and began to walk toward a doorway that was clearly divided identically to the hanger bay. This all seemed a little extreme to me and I frowned at my partner, he indicated with a flick of his head for me to follow and showed no interest in the divide.

We walked for near on five standard minutes through several corridors, all of which were divided down the middle. Eventually we emerged into a huge room, also divided, which had two large thrones at the front facing us. I took time to look and noticed everything was divided down the middle and the people stood on their own sides, not even tempting to cross the lines. Kyp stopped in front of me and I noted he had one foot on either side of the line, so I made sure I stood similarly. In front of us, both rulers sat proudly on their respective thrones.

"Greetings Your Royal Highness, I have come to assist you in this, your time of need." I turned to him and mentally questioned him, ?I?? He didn't respond to me as the Southern King spoke.

"I welcome you on behalf of the Southern peoples and hope you will be able to assist us in returning our princess to us." Almost immediately the Northern King spoke.

"And our Crowned prince to us!" The rivalry between these two groups was almost though the Force. Before either of us could speak and man stepped forward between the two thrones.

"Your Highness, please, Jedi Durron has been sent here to help us, your rivalries will not assist the situation." Again I was not mentioned. This man was tall, and had average sized eyes, like a combination of both species.

20. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Hmmm. Very interesting, your question is. No answer, I have. Your fic Changes, I will read now. :)

21. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
  22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Bit more to up this, but as I'm writing this as I go, it may take time to get more!! It's in my head, but getting it down is a problem!!!

?Did you notice the women out there??

?The what?? I asked, clearly perplexed.

?The women? Or should I say, the lack of them?? I turned away and bit my lip as I pulled up my recall memories. He was right; I had not seen one female anywhere.

?You knew?? He shook his head,

?No, just picked it. You?ll learn to do things like that as you go.? I sighed; I really had missed that. Just at that moment there was a knock at the door and before either of us could say anything two women entered. One Southerner and one Northerner both carried a tray each filled with an assortment of food. I stepped back to let them pass as I noticed both held their heads down and did not look at either of us once. Kyp frowned and after a quick glance at me, questioned them.

?Can you please help me understand something here?? The shorter dark woman glanced at me, but failed to look at Kyp.

?Your Master gives you much privilege, you are fortunate.? I raised my eyebrows.

?He does?? Kyp seemed confused that he had not been answered. As she?d spoken to me I pressed on, ?How so??

?He allows you to stand by him, without your head lowered. You are almost his height! You must please him a great deal.? Now I was really confused.

?What makes you say that? Can you explain?? I asked, Kyp folded his arms over his chest, clearly amused at the line ?please him a great deal?. The second woman raised her eyes only to me.

?You do not know our customs do you?? I shook my head.

?No, can you explain them to me?? The first woman spoke again.

?We are females, lower than our male counterparts, servants in everyway. We must lower our heads in the presence of males and in no way be taller than them, not look them in the eye and not speak directly to them unless they are our mates. We may speak to you and you may speak to your mate, but please tell him we are sorry we cannot speak directly to him.? I gave a slow nod as I looked at Kyp; he gave a look of understanding and then encouraged me to learn more.

?What status do you think I hold?? It was a fair question, clearly they were in awe of my upright stature. The second woman answered without looking up.

?You are given liberties beyond others, allowed to dress as you please and stand beside your mate, you are a breeder.? In response to my shock I sucked my breath in sharply and was annoyed to see Kyp smother a chuckle.

?A breeder?? I asked as calmly as I could manage.

Interesting?? :D

23. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Very interesting. :D Can't wait! MORE! :p

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Just upping me, and yes it will get more 'interesting' and very frustrating for Adalia!!

25. Risste

Nov 26, 2001
    Interesting indeed! Can't wait for more! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.