main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Adalia - Jedi ? - (Post rotj,EU,angst, Luke)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Wrote this around 5 years ago, just wondered if anyone has second thoughts about being a Jedi?
    ADALIA ? JEDI?

I could feel the sweat trickle down my back; the heat here on Yavin 4 was oppressive this time of year. The fact that I had been standing perfectly still for over five hours and concentrating deep into the Force didn?t help much. Only moving my eyes, I turned my gaze to the three stones suspended approximately one metre above the rough soil. They and the other various objects had been ?floating? as it were, for almost a as I?d been standing there! I knew I was sick of this pointless exercise, so they all must be sick of just ?hanging around? by now! Moving my eyes back around, I could see the other students all concentrating as hard as I was. I could feel the Force flowing around me, swirling like a gentle wind, its imaginary fingers softly touching everything and everyone.

?Patience Adalia.?

Moving my gaze further, I was able to take Master Skywalker into my sights. He was sitting calmly on the ground, legs crossed and clear blue eyes staring directly at me. These were the first words he?d spoken since the exercise had begun, and since he was speaking to me I suddenly wished I had been more patient. The Force moved, and in it the attention of the other students. ?Great? I thought as I slowly drew a deep breath. ?Calm?, my mind told me, unfortunately it wasn?t enough. The objects around me had begun dropping, slowly at first, but as my attention and patience ebbed away the speed of their decent increased. ?Clunk?, my first stone hit another on the ground. That sound was enough for the rest of my peer, with their concentration totally broken many of them groaned as their carefully suspended objects joined mine in crashing to the ground.

?Thanks Adalia, we really needed that!? Wren Sorrel cried as he watched his own items tumble at speed. He was known here at the Academy for his short fuse if nothing else.

?Anger Wren?Control, must learn control. You all must. Adalia lost her concentration, but that should not have disrupted any one else here. You must learn to ignore disturbances around you and feel the Force, trust it. Master Skywalkers? voice was smooth and even, he hadn?t moved at all from his cross-legged position, except for his head. It now turned slowly to make sure he caught everyone?s eye.

?I think that?s enough for this morning, I suggest you all get some lunch and we?ll meet back here in one standard hour.? He added as he rose to his feet.

Hanging my head, I quickly gathered my objects and placed them in a neat pile. A fast retreat was my plan.

?Adalia, may I have a word?? My Master had other ideas.

?Yes Master Skywalker.? I muttered. The frustration of a few moments ago was gone, what replaced it was embarrassment and a sense of guilt. No-one likes to be chastised, I was only relieved that he waited until my class mates had left. Watching quietly as he brushed his rough Jedi robes off, I began to silently curse my impatience.

?There?s no need for that.? He said simply without turning toward me. ?It?s a pointless action? he raised his head and smiled at me. ?Is there something bothering you?? he asked as he walked toward me. Could he read my mind? Can he possibly know what I am thinking? Or is he just ?feeling? my sense in the Force? There was so much I didn?t know yet.

?No, I can?t read your thoughts, I can tell by the look on your face that?s what you wanted to ask. That?s just a common misconception, but I do know that something is bothering you,? he said as he raised an eyebrow, ?want to talk about it??

Shifting my weight from one foot to the other, I didn?t want to tell him what was worrying me. What had been worrying me for a few weeks now. I felt he probably wouldn?t understand my concern, he may even feel that I had lost my faith in the Force. Could I loose my place here at the Academy? No, I wasn?t ready to talk about this just yet.

?No Sir, there?s no problem. Only that I lost my patience and,???.well k

2. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Aww, this was cute, Adalia!

3. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    that was excellent Adalia. I just love your viggies.

Jez

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Anyone else? Please? I has a second part....... :D

5. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    I'm here +waves hands+ My comp is just kabutt and I cannot reply on it, so I have to use my sister's comp. I like the story so far, keep it up.....

:D

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Waves Back! Hi!! THere is only one more part, it never went much further Adalia - Jedi Knight is up somewhere on the list. It's set at the end of her studies near graduation, and Kyp is the main male character this time. Then check out Changes, 6 chapters posted and 11 more to go!! A total Kyp fest there........ Thanks to all for reading..

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Have continued this one as I was asked to! Adalia - Jedi Knight now is a on going thing, so if anyone wants to pop over to that one, there's more there.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.