main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

I just don't see it. Their hair isn't even the same color. Maybe it is just me, but from where I am sitting, they do not share any distinguishable similar features.

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You really can't help coming off the way you do on these boards, sometimes, can you?

It wasn't meant to be a loaded question, and this isn't the first time you've responded to me or any number of fellow members like this.

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

In BBP's defense, I'll probably start ruffling a few feathers on this forum the longer I browse it...especially once the trailer and official images come rolling along :p

4. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    If he is a Solo, I actually consider him to look more like his mother (closet to her ROTJ look). If were looking for a resemblance, I suppose he has Leia's dark eyes, and cheek bones.

Are you guys thinking if Adam/Daisy are the Solo kids, Adam is older, yes? Might be too close to EU to have another set of twins. Let Luke and Leia be unique in that sense.

5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, what is this nonsense,"the picture of Driver I cherry-picked"? My ass! It was a brand new photo of Driver which someone else posted just today, and I mentioned that that picture struck me as reminiscent of Harrison's Han.

The only "cherry-picking" I did was of a similar-looking photo of Harrison, meant to demonstrate to a member who had asked what it was I saw in the Driver picture that reminded me of Ford.

For someone to completely falsify what happened to "strengthen" their argument is awfully petty.

More to the point - as I said, it was just an honest question on my part!

Darth Chiznuk and Claire1976 like this.
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    @yogacat
    I don't think anybody think that Daisy/Driver will be twins, more like older brother. (if of course he is a Solo);)

7. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    I'm wondering if Driver's character will be human and, if not, what species he'll be. If Indie Revolver is to be believed, he won't be a cyborg.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I have to say, if I were to have my druthers, I think I'd much prefer he weren't a cyborg.

At least not to the level of something like that rumored picture, anyway. A "cyborg" in the sense that Luke, Anakin or Wolffe is/was a cyborg? A rather modest replacement, here or there? Sure, okay.

I don't know, I just think I'd rather Driver appear as either a human or an alien in face-paint. And if he's wearing a mask of some sort, let's see Adam's character without it, too, sometimes.

Let him actually use that terrific face of his!

9. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I see Adam Driver as a sith apprentice to one older Inquisitor turned Sith Lord (Max Von Sydow).

Import_Jedi likes this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm sold on him being a Solo son if that turns out to be true. If not, that's fine–but I can totally see it. I would prefer they not repeat Jacen Solo's arc in LOTF because it was so bad, but if they do something similar, even by just having the Solo son go dark, they can alter it radically (kidnapped at birth, or something) and make it not a LOTF rip-off. But even if he does go dark as an already-fully-aware adult, it'll be far less insulting than with Jacen because, unlike Jacen, Driver wouldn't have an established (heroic) character that the villainous role would be at odds with.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd be okay with a fallen Solo (at least in theory), but man, they did such a regrettable job of Jacen and the whole "Sister has to take down Brother" act, that, as with you, I really hope they would put a far different spin on events (especially the Solo kids dueling one another thing).

Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

You asked the question. I gave you the answer. Literally, the ONLY thing that is similar in those two photos to me is the vest and shirt. Other than that, there is absolutely nothing similar about them except that they are white and male. It is my opinion, why are you bent?

13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, of course. I asked for your opinion, after all. Whatever your opinion was, it wouldn't have bothered me either way.

To be perfectly honest, your tone rankled a bit, but I've grown rather accustomed to that. Really, it was your completely inaccurate quip about me purposefully selecting a specific photo of Driver that really got to me. Where it could have simply beguiled, it actually got under my skin.

Anyone clicking back a few pages can see that what you accused me off was completely fabricated on your end. I didn't select the Driver pic to make any point -- I didn't introduce the Driver photo at all, and assuming you actually read the posts, you know that.

No, another member posted the new photo of Driver, I commented that I thought Adam resembled Harrison in the picture, another member asked me what it was about Driver that made me think so, and I chose to post a well-known photo of Solo to help illustrate my comparison.

TheBBP likes this.
  14. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    OK, so you cherry-picked a photo of Han wearing the vest and shirt to help make your point. You are getting bent over semantics. Either way, didn't mean to rankle you bud.

15. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    And it was a good point - he does look like a Solo
    Kid ;)

Immortiss and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  16. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012

I sure don't. It feels like you and many others are trying to force a resemblance that isn't there, just for the sake of creating a glimmer of hope that there will be a Solo son in the film. Aside from the similar colors and style of clothing, Driver looks nothing like Solo...his jaw line is ****ed up, and when his mouth moves it does so somewhat awkwardly, and his voice....eh.

17. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    LOL, ok. Let me hang a couple out there for you guys to hit me back with. Here are two actors that I think would make a great young(er) Solo's.

Of course, Garrett Hedlund

[​IMG]

Liam Hemsworth

[​IMG]

And to even give you some gas to pour on me. Not only do I think that NewKirk looks like a young Solo, but i think that he would be a GREAT recast of Indiana Jones should they decide to do that someday.

[​IMG]

But Adam Driver? Not so much.

18. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Personally I'm only seeing the most superficial resemblance between Adam and Harrison. It could be made to work I suppose, but I'm really not sold on the idea. I said before that if you had to choose a known cast member who bore any kind of a resemblance to Harrison or Carrie, it would be Pip.

It isn't a close resemblance but it's close enough IMHO. He could easily serve the purpose of appearing in a chase scene where we get to see his Parkour skills before being captured or killed by the 'Inquisitors' effectively catapulting the other Solo child Daisy centre stage and placing the focus on her from there on in. Just an idea...

19. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

I think John Katarn is an obvious one. Of course in this version, he didn't steal the death star plans.

20. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Controversial but I think Pip is going to be Biggs level role-wise. Maybe one of GC's troopers, one of JB's old comrades or a rebel fighter or something (maybe the former if they want to use his parkour skills).

21. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    That's certainly more likely. I threw the Solo stuff out there because personally I'm just not seeing the Adam is a Solo thing. There was a (very) unsubstantiated rumour that Daisy does have a brother but he doesn't pop up until Ep VIII, where he's a baddie. Probably BS, but something they could easily do.:)

22. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I honestly think the "family member turns Evil Overlord" plot has been done to death already in this franchise. I'm not the least interested in seeing any variation of it play out on screen.
    Something else please.

That said, Driver definitely has presence enough to play a son of Han. I just don't want to see it.

Darth_Zidious likes this.
  23. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    IF AD is the bad guy and a Solo, it's not totally impossible he is revealed as such in VIII.

For all we know, DR was hidden because her force sensitive brother was snatched at birth and or killed as a child. It could be either a fresh spin on similar beats to Luke and Vader, or a completely hackneyed rehash depending on your personal taste and their execution.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    It may read that way, but I'm honestly not concerned one way or the other whether there's Driver is a Solo. My personal "White Whale" is Luke's son. That's the one where I'm willing to take any possible evidence and draw connections out of thin air, willy-nilly. ;)

I just happened to see a new photo of Driver that I felt happened to flatter him in a similar light as Harrison. And I've been very clear on that. Geesh! :p

I've always agreed with Hedlund. I think everyone sees that.

You're the first I've ever seen suggest Hemsworth as a Solo. I recall right after the announcement of the ST that a number of sites were pimping him as a good "Ben Skywalker." I didn't see it at first, until I saw a black and white photo of Liam with a shaved head, and I said "yeah, okay, maybe."

But me? The first time I saw Chris Pine as Kirk, I immediately thought to myself "Gee, too bad they're not making any new SW films, this guy would make a terrific recast Luke/son of Luke." I think he's "Skywalker" written all over him. Maybe a little more classically handsome than Hamill, but similar enough to any combination of Hamill/Christensen, I think.

Anyway, interesting choices.

TheBBP and starocean90 like this.
  25. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.