main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

I second that. And if you want to break the Rule of Two (assuming they're actual Sith and not Dark Siders), Lupita will be MVS' apprentice in SW7 as well

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  2. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Or an assassin working for the Sith! Someone like Ventress!

3. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Max=Thanos
    Driver=Ronan
    Nyongo=Nebula

4. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Given the latest Palpatine rumors, could it be... ?
    (with the proper make-up and hair style)

DL44Jo likes this.
  5. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

i was hoping someone would post pics like these, i think there's enough there to say yes
    certainly more resemblance than harrison and Driver

hey... new thought, what if Driver is palps son and not a clone... ?

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder who the mother is.

7. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

Leia... leia's the mother...
    just kidding... maybe some sith witch or something...

8. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

That could work. If he's Palpatine's son (or grandson) he could view the throne as his birthright and be obsessed with restoring the Empire to its former glory so that he can take his place as its rightful ruler.

The interesting thing will be seeing how Ep VII gives us a worthy threat without making it seem like the sacrifices of the OT were for nothing. If we're to get Sith (or the threat of Sith returning) how will that be squared with Anakin's fulfillment of the prophecy? If the Empire is still around, what did the Alliance really accomplish in the OT?

I'm really looking forward to seeing how these problems are addressed.

Revanfan1, Adi_Gallia_9 and Dra--- like this.
  9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    @darklordoftech
    does it matter, I'm sure Palpatine post Episode III with his looks is a major playboy.:p

Dra--- and DL44Jo like this.
  10. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

it may be a twist on the whole family thing, if Daisy isn't a solo or skywalker... oh my gawd, what if the twist is she's a palpatine too? okay no that's just crazy talk
    anyways i mean, we have the skywalkers then what if this is about the palpatines, ot and st?
    i dunno...

11. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    All he has to do is wave his hand and, well...

12. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Oh geez. Just the other day there were some trying to say that Driver and Harrison Ford look alike. Now this?

Jcuk likes this.
  13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I know right!
    [​IMG]
    I look forward to tommorow where we say how much he looks like Boba Fett

14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I think it does, especially if it's certain characters. Driver's character could be a half-Nightsister or a half-Umbaran.
    (waves hand) "I am handsome."

yogacat and starocean90 like this.
  15. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

maybe that's what yoda meant by the darkside being easier, more seductive...

16. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Meh I can imagine Chancellor Palps getting laid but Emperor, he probably builds force users in a Lab

17. nalkwan

Jul 23, 2014

perhaps he just froze his little palp seeds, and artificially inseminated someone

DL44Jo likes this.
  18. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    In another thread we were discussing a different possibility for Driver - his character is playing the villain/sith and as the movie progresses we are all amazed at his advanced abilities in the force at such a young age (and the Alliance, or whatever they are now, are amazed too) and his immediate influence he has as a leader with everyone on the bad side (Empire or inquisitors or both or whatever the bad guys are) only to find out he is the reincarnated Palpatine in the body of a young clone of himself! I know what you're thinking and I'm not being completely serious about this - but it would be really sweet to watch an all out duel between Luke and a younger, stronger, faster Palpatine with all the same force abilities he had before! Just a fun, interesting thought...

EDIT: Because as someone pointed out in that thread - we never got to see Luke and Palpatine go head to head - only Palp using lightening bolts on Luke after he threw away his light saber and said he wouldn't fight any more. Now Luke can show him who's the bigger cheese now! ;)

Dra--- likes this.
  19. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I'm doubting (though liking) the resurrected Palpatine theories as GL himself said that The Emporer doesn't come back to life, and since these are based off of his story treatments and initial ideas...

But with that said it was supposed to all end with Ep VI.
    ...and it was always the story of Anakin
    ...and GL wouldn't sign off on anyone else making SW films

So who really knows

DL44Jo likes this.
  20. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I tend to believe we'll get an Emperor as MakingSW suggests, but that it will be a new Emperor, and one not necessarily related to Palp. An obvious choice is Max V S.

But even with this happening, that doesn't mean Sidious isn't somewhere lurking behind the scenes. With what we learned about Talzin in the Son of Dathomir comic, it's quite possible that Palpatine knew what to do without a body.

21. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Okay, I have to say it. But all I'm seeing on on the right is Bill Murray. I can't un-see it.

My friend gave me Season 1 of Girls to watch, and so far, Adam plays a charming douchebag flawlessly. And I saw "The F Word" this weekend. So I went from never seeing him, to seeing him in 2 roles in 24 hours. He has tons of charisma. Hope he gets to play that up.[/quote]

TheBBP likes this.
  22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    LOL, I was just thinking the same thing. McDermid looks more like Bill Murray. Adam Driver reminds me of a grown-up Bill and Ted era Keanu Reeves... With bigger ears.

DL44Jo likes this.
  23. DL44Jo

DL44Jo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 7, 2014
    lol yeah I can see it! :p And Ian's pic can also pass as a mug shot! :p

24. dr strangelove

dr strangelove Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Took the girl to go see "What If" this weekend, a new indie rom-com with Dan Radcliffe, and Adam Driver plays a supporting role. I thought he was quite funny in it. He's definitely got that goofy/abrasive friend role nailed down pretty well. I wonder if his role in Ep7 will play off that and he'll be sort of a humorous, psychotic villain, or if they'll try and break the mold and do something a little more serious with him?

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what he can do with Star Wars. Him and Oscar are the two cast members that I'm looking forward to seeing the most.

25. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I think Driver and McDiarmid have similar eyes. I could see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.