main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    that's inhumane, if you don't feed it will die.:p

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I keep hearing "Jacen Solo", but what about Kyp Durron?

3. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Sadly, I've been thinking the same... Which would really irritate me to have that kid become canon in some form.

4. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    why?

5. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012

Yeah, lets make the kid that destroyed multiple star systems with a superweapon without being punished a character in the Sequel Trilogy. He better be a villain.

I mean, if you were going to canonize some part of the EU... canonize Corran Horn, Mara Jade, Kyle Katarn, the Solo Twins, Ben Skywalker, or Anakin Solo before Kyp Durron... Unless you want him to be the ST new wining twerp that goes to the Dark Side and must be destroyed by the new heroes.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    sounds like post-NJO Jacen

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Don't mention JINO around here. [face_shame_on_you]

8. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I think you mean the sock troll.

[​IMG]

9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I would Assume Adam Driver is done filming soon because his next film is in Mid November, we are now in mid October you guys do the math? the clock is ticking ....

.......................................................................................................................................

Silence (2015)
    Drama | History - 2015 (USA)
    Not yet released
    (voting begins after release)

In the seventeenth century, two Jesuit priests face violence and persecution when they travel to Japan to locate their mentor and to spread the gospel of Christianity.

Director:

Martin Scorsese
    Writers:

Jay Cocks (screenplay), Shûsaku Endô (novel)
    Stars:

Liam Neeson, Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver Ken Watanabe

10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That synopsis really sounds similar in some ways.

Immortiss likes this.
  11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Django Fett likes this.
  12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    New Adam Driver Interview (Star Wars Bits)
    He had a bigger supporting role, playing a magazine photographer, in John Curran’s Australian outback drama Tracks. More recently, he’s moved into A-list territory with the announcements that he is to play a leading role in the latest Star Wars film, and has been signed up by Martin Scorsese to star in his adaptation of Shusaku Endo’s novel Silence, about priests voyaging to Japan in the 17th century.

He still has a link to the marines. He runs Arts in the Military, an organisation that puts on theatre productions for serviceman. And now he’s getting to play intergalactic warfare on screen. He’s under orders to be coy about what exactly he will be doing in Star Wars, but it’s known that he’ll be a baddie. He says being in the new chapter could be a double-edged light sabre: “It wasn’t a childhood dream because it didn’t seem realistic. The prequels – I didn’t even know you could do that. It’s not something you dream about because it just doesn’t seem possible. I was interested in it immediately, but it wasn’t without much thought that I took the role. You don’t want to be bad.”

When Scorsese came calling there was no such hesitation, but still a lot of fear, “It’s surreal,” says Driver. “He’s the top of the pyramid of film-makers. I grew up watching his movies and just to talk with him or work with him like that on something, you can’t even imagine. It’s so exciting. Like with Stars Wars, you just jump in and hope you don’t suck.” Given Driver’s track record there is very little chance of that.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-of-working-with-martin-scorsese-9787314.html

Lurknomore and Darth_Bertie like this.
  13. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Driver is a marine too? For some reason I didn't know that.

He's tall, strong, talented, does cool voices, AND is awkwardly unique looking with a bit of creep and charm built in. NO WAY he's a one-trick SW pony. He's certainly going to be in all 3 movies.

14. Alex Lattanzi

Alex Lattanzi Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2014
    This guy would be such a good antagonist. Anyone who's seen him in Girls would know that. I hope he's not underused in 7. Way too much potential to not be major villain.

coxie0520, Yanksfan and Lurknomore like this.
  15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

Could this be Adam Driver holding the red saber?

16. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    Possibly, either him or MvS. I also think this guy and the cyborg/grave robber we see in the other images are one and the same. The exact look of his cybernetics vary so much from image to image.

Lurknomore likes this.
  17. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I agree completely. I don't think it's MvS, though.

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Driver looks like the guy on the floor, behind Plagueis

Revanfan1 and Immortiss like this.
  19. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    wouldn't be surprised if driver and ridley were siblings

Immortiss and Abadacus like this.
  20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

21. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

The image is very unclear and the woman does not look like Ridley, who is the female character pictured here I'm guessing.

The guy could just as easily be Boyega's character - skin colour was not considered in casting that role so the concept art featuring him could just as easily have him as a "white" guy.

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The women looks more like Leia, TBH.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  23. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Don't see that either.

24. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Driver kept repeating the words 'betrayal', 'friendship', 'parents' and 'trust' while discussing SW in interviews recently. I can't help but feel those are clues to his character in the film. There has been rumors he's a Solo that starts off as a good guy, but gets seduced by the dark side by films end. That scenario fits very well in the Variety.Com report revealing his character would be in the same vein as Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker. There's also been rumors that the team are not only searching for Luke, but attempting to rescue Adam's character. Could the cloaked cyborg be Adam's character? Only time will tell.

Immortiss likes this.
  25. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    where did you get this info of rescuing Driver's character?

Immortiss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.