main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I can't believe some don't believe Driver is playing Kylo Ren.

2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Out of all the rumors and "spoilers" that's the only one that is obviously true. When I seen the trailer I was like hey look, it's Adam Driver in black.

3. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    I have little doubt that Driver is playing Kylo Ren. My point was that we actually know next to nothing about this character in particular (Kylo).

4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Other than he's most likely a villain, though perhaps not THE villain.

5. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

We know very little about every character though, including some whose names remain a mystery.

6. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    Exactly. Now don't get me wrong, many of the rumors and ideas sound very plausible and very interesting. I for one really like this "collector" idea, and this very well may be accurate. But I get the feeling that some people have convinced themselves this is a fact. I remember many "facts" about the prequels that turned out to be completely erroneous. :)

Just enjoying the ride.

7. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    True, for all we know, even though I highly, HIGHLY doubt it, Luke could even have some dark intention(s) now...

8. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I think Kylo Ren might be a bad guy AND a good guy......

run_luke_run likes this.
  9. run_luke_run

Feb 18, 2004
    The dark side........................and the light?

Yea, I dig that idea as well. Quite a lot, actually.

hartman89 likes this.
  10. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Ahh...adds alot of credence to the voiceover this does...very nice...

11. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Nah, but I think he will be a good bad guy.

12. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    But wasn't that supposed to be what Lucas wanted to explore in the ST? That there isn't always a clear definition between right and wrong. Having a complex villain like that would certainly match that original vision.

LunarMoth likes this.
  13. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    It'll be interesting to see whether Adam Driver's voice is altered when he has the mask/helmet on. An altered voice may be indicative of him making a conscious effort to hide his identity. Whereas, if he sounds normal or unfiltered, then perhaps it would indicate that he's wearing the helmet specifically to invoke fear or be a symbol without having to hide his identity.

14. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Its possible his character doesn't even talk at all until the last act.

or at least when he is suited up.

15. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    That would kind of suck. It would be like another Darth Maul situation. Pass.
    I mean, it'd be cool this time 'round to have a villain who voices his opinions and reveals to the audience what's on his mind. It wouldn't necessarily dispel the mysteriousness of the character, but could enhance his menacing nature.

starocean90 likes this.
  16. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Didn`t he do that with Anakin/Vader? I don`t know, maybe Kylo is the X-wing pilot-turned-Sith wannabe, but I doubt that right now.

dlbates likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    do we know who he is playing.

18. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Pretty sure he is Kylo Ren

Nipuhanipera likes this.
  19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    As I've said, I want his character to be interesting. The Vader obsession is not clicking with me, while I understand the desire to want incorporate Vader into the film, I hope Ren is unique too.

20. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I personally love that he's obsessed with vader and potentially relics of the past. It's an interest change of pace with Star Wars.... Someone that wants to be someone feared, who looks up to the past, wants to relive it. It's a new angle for the series, an angle that in the right hands could be very interesting to see.

21. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm not too sure. The dual personality thing has been done before with Palpatine/ Sidious. Ok, admittedly the majority of us knew that truth from the outset, but for the same thing to happen with Kylo wouldn't feel fresh. I personally think he'll be a villain from the start. And Driver won't be a Rebel pilot who's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. Not unless were all led to believe he has a dual persona, and then somehow Ren has a confrontation with Driver and kills him? Something along those lines would be cool. Everyone would be, 'So who is this guy?!?! ;)

22. Haruss

Haruss Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2014
    Could go both ways. If at any point he openly defects from his X-Wing unit he may not be trying to hide his identity at all

Agree. And it if also re-canonizes Old Republic era then ever better hehe.

23. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    The best part of it all...just seeing how he walked menacingly and how he turned on his lightsaber with a thrust.

That's how I like my Star Wars villains, I want them to seem like a threat, to seem scary, dark, mysterious....

I know Abram's has this down right because of how he chose to direct/film that scene. You don't see his face, only his back as he walks through a forest....

The prequels were all over the place with villains, I think Maul was done well much like how im describing Kylo ( so far ) but Dooku never hooked me, same goes for Grevious... It really seems like they're trying to nail that powerful, dark figure type of enemy that Vader as a character got so well.

24. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It'd be more interesting if it wasn't a specifically Vader-obsession, but more of a Sith obsession in general. Hence him collecting Vader's mask, the weird (possibly ancient) lightsaber, the Reven-esque stuff, etc. Heck maybe he's got Palpatine's cane from ROTJ hanging on the wall of his lair or something.

25. Danfromumbrella

May 20, 2014
    Well it was said that he collects all sorts of artifacts but maybe Vader being the chosen one leads him to obsess over him more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.