main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Erm... I think not. Lucas certainly created the universe, but his influence on the sequels' story is likely to be insignificant.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    He worked on the stories for almost a year before the sale to Disney and a part of that sale were these stories. He also hired his own replacement in Kathleen Kennedy and Michael Arndt and according to Kennedy herself hand a hand in the hiring of Abrams. I very much doubt his influence is going to be insignificant.

3. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Sure, because when you think SW, George Lucas is last thing on your mind. Man, I just brought this up on another thread but it's like everyone of your posts is a more well thought out, better conveyed, thought of my own...

4. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I like how JJ and the gang have kept everything under wraps and air-tight.

I think we'll get a few tidbits between now and next December, and the new trailer(s) will show us more, but yeah.

5. coxie0520

coxie0520 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2014
    Adam Driver was not in the second episode of the new girls' season; I think he may have been busy filming another project....idk ;)

6. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I wonder if Kylo Ren will be killed off in TFA as Darth Maul was in TPM?

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Probably not. I'm sure they want him to headline the series just like Vader in the OT.

Jobertus likes this.
  8. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Let's hope not. That'd be a huge lump of disappointment. I couldn't deal with a second helping of, 'This new villains cool. I wonder if we'll get to find out more abou.oh he's just been killed' ;) no thank you.

Revanfan1 and Darth Malgus like this.
  9. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I think Driver survives TFA. I would not be surprised if Christie's character was killed though. The good guys have to defeat someone in this movie.

10. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Adam Driver and Andy Serkis will live another day.

Jobertus likes this.
  11. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Wether or not he survives, I still hope TFA keeps with the rhyming in the sense that it can be a standalone film...

12. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    I don't know if this has already been mentioned but in the comments section of a starwars7news.com story, someone just pointed out that "Kylo Ren" is "Nero Lyk" backwards. Nero was, of course, also the villain in JJ's first Star Trek film so perhaps that is an Easter Egg or maybe an illusion to the historical emperor once more. No idea about the "Lyk" part though...

13. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    "Like". So someone like Nero.

Echo Base likes this.
  14. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    "Lick". So someone who licks Romans.

Echo Base likes this.
  15. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    LOL - I read it as "lick" too. Please no.... :p Maybe it is "like." I hadn't thought of that. The other possibility is that "Kyl" is pronounced as "kill" rather than "Kyle".

16. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    So really, he's made up of a thousand Rens.

Echo Base likes this.
  17. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Andy Serkis' character won't live past the first 20 minutes of the movie, according to some rumors.

18. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Pray tell....

19. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    LOL - I am half asleep this morning (that is why my posts are a little incoherent) and it took a second for the penny to drop just then. [face_laugh]

20. DarthRuckus

DarthRuckus Jedi Master star 1

Nov 17, 2013

Um... Maul's hologram flared up behind Sidious's, glowering at the audience. I thought his intro was pretty good. Dooku's was lame though. Obi-Wan spying on a walking tour of a factory.

I do hope Kylo Ren survives TFA though. Maul dying in TPM was such a waste of a well-designed character.

For people scrambling and unscrambling names, looking for clues: Sometimes a name is just a name...

21. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Nero backwards seems more than a coincidence though. I doubt it has much in the way of symbolic value; more likely just a tip of the hat to JJ's previous villain. The Nero in ST didn't really resemble the historical figure in anything more than the most generic way of being bad and mad.

22. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    According to some rumors I read, Serkis plays the head tribal leader of the alien race that inhabits the village that gets torched. He dies at the hands of Kylo Ren during an interrogation.

23. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

That could still fit with his line from the trailer and his assertion that he only has a small role. Perhaps getting him in for the read-through pic was more about publicity than anything else?

24. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I wonder why they don't announce that Driver plays Kylo Ren, since his name already appeared in the Itunes trailer?

25. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I really hope that's the case. As much as I dislike the prequels, I think the basic storyline is pure Star Wars. What I have a problem with is the execution and emphasis on VFX agenda, now that we have a different and fairly competent team on it, I really hope Lucas's guidelines serve as spine for these projects.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.