main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Nice to see Adam Driver's look in TFA in Girls too. He is a hell of an actor. I think he is gonna rock this movie.

Wildcatbarry, Jobertus and coxie0520 like this.
  2. coxie0520

coxie0520 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2014
    For the record on the latest episode of GIRLS Driver is rocking some major shaggy, 70's-ish hair :cool: Perhaps some shooting of the show and TFA overlapped ;)

EDIT:

Darth_Bertie I forgot you mentioned Driver's look in Girls until I replied and realized I "liked" your post :)

Jobertus and Darth_Bertie like this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I hope not, and I don't think that will happen either - he is too good of an actor to only use in the first 20 minutes of the film.

Master_Lok and Jobertus like this.
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I can see him vanishing after 20 minutes to appear at the end and/or in subsequent films, but a single cameo? Not sure about that.

As far as Driver, he's like Ridley to me. I have no expectations and hope to enjoy his performance.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Or perhaps Serkis's character is "awakened" in the last 20 minutes of the film - that would make sense considering the type of character he has been rumored to be playing, and considering what I've heard regarding the tomb (Kylo Ren is trying to get past Luke to unlock the tomb's secrets).

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
    Honestly, just watching Girls S.4 ep.05 and 30 min in Adam just had a moment with the ex and to be honest his voice sounds more like the voice over than Andy Serkis...

Did I miss something or am I just cray cray?

7. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I know I brought this up in this thread before, but with the new rumor of Kylo killing Han, I think these quotes from Adam have some legs.

“It’s space, it’s a long time ago in a galaxy far away. That’s set up immediately. But in the midst of all those things, what has made those movies last so long is that they’re all grounded, which is something that is not so far off from every movie with huge universal themes of siblings and parents and betrayal and trust.”

"When you break all of those things down, really it’s just because someone wasn’t loved enough or felt betrayed"

Son of Han & Leia?

Satipo and Redimet like this.
  8. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Possible, however, the comment could be in regards to of the entire cast of characters, with Luke and Leia being the siblings. Also he is discussing the themes of all the Star Wars movies along with in general so the each of the themes he mentions may not be specifically a a reference to TFA.

One theory I have is that Driver and Issac are long time friends and comrades (the teaser suggests that Peo is an Alliance fighter pilot and there was a photo of a guy who might have been Driver in an X-Wing type flight suit) so "betrayal and trust" could also refer to him betraying this colleagues by turning to the Dark Side.

Since the cast was first confirmed,my thought has that Driver will either be Han Solo Jnr. or the villain (I didn't consider he could be both - this was done with Anakin and doing it again is just same-y - but that doesn't mean someone couldn't think of a way to it that isn't same-y ;) ). The fact that Driver didn't appear in the teaser has me leaning more towards him being the villain - although it possible that Han Jnr. is simply not one of the new Big 3 or he is but Abrams left him out of the trailer to mess with our heads because of the widely held belief that he is the bad guy [face_hypnotized]

I'm so open minded on all the possibilities that it hurts :p

9. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    [​IMG]
    ZOMG Garf in TFA confirmed! ...Driver is shooting Silence for Martin Scorsese, like right now. It'll come out after TFA, sometimes in 2016.

10. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    What's a Garf?

11. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    A garf? Isn't that a scarf you only wear in the garden?

12. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Garf is Spidey no more.

13. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    what is this new Adam Driver movie about, Monks or something ? ?

14. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    It's a new Martin Scorsese film, it's his dream project for years now.

''In the seventeenth century, two Jesuit priests face violence and persecution when they travel to Japan to locate their mentor and to spread the gospel of Christianity.''

15. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    sounds interesting ....

16. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Is it? I didn`t know...

In the trailer there are fallen trees around Kylo Ren. Could that be a ship crash or a Force display like in The Force Unleashed?

17. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Could it be that Ridley and Driver are brother and sister? And, despite Luke's desires to train them, Han and Leia ultimately chose not to let their children become Jedi at an early age. So Driver rebels and resents his parent's stance on this, on wanting to "protect" him, so he goes on a search for the Force on his own, which leads him down a dark path obsessing over Vader and other powerful Sith...Whereas Ridley is the younger sibling, and at first accepts her parents' wishes, but like Luke, eventually she longs for adventure and to develop her abilities and idolizes the uncle hardly knows, so TFA sees her quest to connect with Luke and her destiny as a Jedi.

18. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Yeah, I think they're siblings. I think the reason the Kyber crystal inside the saber falls in Rey's lap is because it's her destiny to redeem her brother from the dark side. Very much how it was Luke's destiny to redeem his father. Luke knows this, which is why he waits for Rey to arrive to start her training.

Rodie likes this.
  19. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I can't see any redemption after he kills Han, that was one thing about Luke and Vader, he never knew the full circumstances behind his mother's death.

Knessa84 likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Anyone is redeemable no matter how despicable they are. Look at Gru!

Echo Base likes this.
  21. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Uh, Vader was still a murderer. It doesn't matter WHO he killed, you just knew he was a killer that could be redeemed.

Echo Base likes this.
  22. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    The other day in MSW podcast, the specualted about Kylo Ren´s mask having open visor.

What would you think if we could see Adam Driver´s eyes unlike with Vader´s helmet?

23. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Then I'll be yelling "Aim for the eyes! Stop shooting at the lightsaber! Aim for the face!" whenever somebody tries to shoot at him :p

Revanfan1 and Darth_Bertie like this.
  24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    There's a massive difference between someone killing strangers to someone killing your own mother or father! When Vader was redeemed nobody knew what he'd done during and immediately after Order 66, Luke never learned of Vader's part in his mother's death and i'm certain Luke would've thought differently of his father if he'd known the full story.

25. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    By the way, who is Uber? Kylo Ren`s master?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.