main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Don't know all depends on the context of the vision. It starts probably a while ago. However, it completely depends if Daisy is an active or passive POV in the vision.

2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Hmm I dont know depends on how far back it was. They can just cast some kids though.

3. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    He's about 10 years older. He might be that much older than her in the film...or not, I suppose. But he could be 13-15 and she could be 3-5? I think if she was there, she would had to have been young enough to repress what happened which is why it's a startling revelation to her. Maybe it's not. Maybe she's just upset after reliving what happened. Really difficult to tell.

CairnsTony likes this.
  4. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Well, I'm pretty sure we can say that the massacre at the academy and the massacre of the clan(family) are two separate events...

IF they got the report right chronologically.

5. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    Right. But that's the confusing part. When MSW has posted on here about the flashbacks, he thinks Rey might have been at the Academy as well. If so, she would likely be older at the Clan massacre (assuming the academy massacre happened prior) but not clear how much older. It could be months or years.

6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2015

Thanks. Still not convinced of a flashback. Or that the lightsaber is relevant to Rey.
    Guess I'll eat my crow in December.

7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Exactly my point:

If the first image of the vision is the massacre of the Clan. That changes the whole flashback. Although, it complicates the age with Adam Driver.
    Luke then shows up at the academy and leaves. Then the lightsaber travels to the wealthy merchant. The wealthy merchant leads to the Vicar.

However, there is one problem to that: It doesn't make sense to have an emotionally charged moment at the start of the vision in terms of cinema. The reveal of Kylo Ren should be the exclamation point that ends the vision.

I also highly doubt that it would be something like a flashback within a flashback. Where we didn't start with the massacre of the clan but leap back to them. Thats horribly confusing.

My guess is that Rey is merely a passive POV in the flashback(she wasn't actually in the flashback). Kylo approaching her is just foreshadowing...

8. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    Total conjecture on my part but I lean towards her actually being an active POV, given her reaction to the lightsaber and being so upset she takes off. Granted, she could just be a reluctant hero but I feel like it's more personal to her. Again, just my opinion.

9. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

I mean she totally could be. But then it would actually seem to make it more unlikely that she is Han/Leias daughter then. The wealthy merchant seems to be the connective point of the Clan. Clan indicates to me family.

It would explain her reaction to lightsaber. But then again her reacting to images of a random massacred family could draw that reaction anyways. It kinda works either way imo. However, given the alteration to Ren/Rey. I'm thinking the strong reaction is Kylo Ren killing innocent people.

Don't know for sure...

10. Knessa84

Aug 21, 2014
    I assumed that she would have been put with or taken in by the Clan in hiding after the massacre. Kylo sees her with them and spares her. But, again, just guessing.

CairnsTony likes this.
  11. DarthCatbeard

DarthCatbeard Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2014
    I think he's a Han/Leia's kid and was given to Luke at a very young age to be trained at his academy. But he was always a bit of an outsider in the group and showed a lot of the same traits as Anakin, I'd guess that Rey was the only one who was cool with him. He probably always felt lost and yearned to know his parentage (Why he's pi55ed off at Han.) His name is changed to 'Ren' to keep him detached from his parents to avoid another Vader situation.

These traits are probably why Serkis' character chose him to telepathically communicate and turn him. Powerful, related to Vader and could be turned, Luke sees this but perseveres with him. He saved his father so he probably thought he could help Kylo. He snaps one day on Serkis' command, he kills everyone except Rey and goes off to do his 'masters' bidding. He's extremely aggressive and reckless though which over the years, causes him to get a bit physically battered

Luke is devastated and abandons the idea of a Jedi Academy, trains Rey in secret while Kylo helps the empire and falls further. His awful personality means he's always isolated and unloved, he directs his rage at Han and that's how that goes. I have a strong suspicion Rey is Luke's daughter but she doesn't know.

It's difficult to top Vader, but as long as his performance is good and they make him interesting, seeing his development over future films could make him his equal.

So, anyone ITK, am I in the right ballpark? :p

12. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    I'd like him as a Solo, but right now it's difficult to tell.

13. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
  14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    For some reason I just see the green marks on the mask as sad eyes so it makes the image unintentionally funny

Trebor Sabreon, Revanfan1 and Nando like this.
  15. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Nando

Is that picture your own work?

Nando likes this.
  16. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    I found on the net

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  17. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Is anybody else getting a "Joaquin Phoenix from Gladiator" vibe with Adam Driver's character?

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  18. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well we've only seen a couple seconds of footage of him so its really hard to get any grasp on what the character is like.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  19. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    From the rumors I mean.

20. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Good thought.

21. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Kylo Ren and Civil name? Or Kylo Ren is a disguise. I think it will be Civil name. In the movie his name is another.

22. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Also could be the opening of the movie.

Masked, Hooded figure retrieving Vader's mask with Endor visible through the viewport of the ship.

Would make a great Opening scene.

Danfromumbrella likes this.
  23. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    His Mother - Leia.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

Breaking news, Darth Uber 'Leia' in costume [face_devil]

[​IMG]