main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He's really good in the show as is everyone else.

DARTH_BELO and m4st4 like this.
  2. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    "Stop fighting or so help me I will turn this planet to dust around!"

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I wonder if we will end up seeing the first Kylo RenĀ“s mask at all. It seems the Vader-ish one will be part of the marketing, or at least is featured on the toys. But I find the first more more unique.

4. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I could see Kylo's ending scene putting on his newly constructed Vader mask. The one in promotional pics that looks like it uses bits of vaders mask. I bet the original leaked image is his mask for majority of the movie before he gets vaders at the end

5. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    And thus did the Vader mask become a mantle. :)

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    That's what gave me the idea that Luke in bringing down the hill could hurt someone(s) close to him.

7. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Is that even possible if Luke isn't even on the same planet? Doubt it.

MSW mentioned he thinks the mountain collapses because the superweapon explodes.The falcon comes to pick up Rey and Finn.

My speculation: Klyo is thought to be dead, but it's revealed he survived and Uber gives him new cyborg enhancements at the end. Which would explain the concept art.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I like the Show "Girls" A lot, I think It Is supposed to be a drama but Like the Sopranos I Am always Laughing At all the funny lines and scenes Like a poster above said the Whole cast Is great including Adam Driver.

on another note I just saw Inside Llewyn Davis It was OK but The best part was the music, too much cursing for my liking. Adam Driver was hardly in it IMHO not worth a rent just to see Adam Driver, now If you want to see Oscar Isaac he is the main character you should see it for Isaac !

9. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Thanks! As for Coen bros' picture - it's one of my favorite from them, I've seen it probably three times already and Isaac just blows my mind every time I hear him sing. Hopefully Poe Dameron will rock a guitar at some point in the movie as well.

my kind of scum and Hoggsquattle like this.
  10. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

I suggested this a few days ago. I like the idea of Luke reaching out with the Force and somehow causing a rockslide on the mountain to disrupt the Rey v. Ren fight, wanting to break it up without killing either one of them obviously. But perhaps the super weapon also goes off at this time. Maybe Luke is in a situation where he cannot use the Force (or at least not to the great degree he does when he causes the rockslide) because his use of his own powers somehow triggers the super weapon.

Django Fett and nightangel like this.
  11. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    We just got 3 free months of HBO from Directv, so last night as I was flipping through the channels I noticed the show Girls was on. So I stopped to watch it to check out Adam's acting.

First off, he was probably the best actor on the show. I was very impressed. He also has a voice and look that are VERY suited for a messed up villain. I can see why they picked him for the role. However, given his look, he sure is kind of a strange looking dude. Not sure I am buying that Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's son, just based on the look factor. Then again, if Kylo is supposed to be a cyborg, then maybe we won't be seeing much of Adam's face...rather he might have alot of a Terminator-esque endo-skelton thing going on and they simply picked him for his acting chops?

12. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    100%

My son and nephew are on a wrestling team and have to wrestle girls every so often.

They are totally different when facing a girl, almost afraid to lay a had on her.

It may stem from teaching them not to lay hands on a woman, however on the mat there are no holds barred.

BTW - Kylo doesn't want to kill his sister.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  13. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015

This convinced me that he could pass for Han's son:

[​IMG]

14. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

If his mother is an alien.

I don't see it.

15. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    As far the movie goes, compare with this:

[​IMG]

16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I see a resemblance but in the end it doesn't really matter to me how much they look alike. I don't think Anakin and Luke look anything alike but I still buy them being father and son.

17. Glennmisztal

Glennmisztal Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2015
    Anyone see Someone with a likeness of Adam Driver in Marvels Darth Vader comic? Surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    this guy?

[​IMG]

Unidentified Imperial agent - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

we've mentioned him but he doesn't resemble driver imo.

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I suppose there's more needed to qualify as a resemblance than just the beard and mustache:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I think it would be cool if Kylo Ren was taking influence from all Sith Lords he's heard/read about, Vader, Sidious, Plagueis... So he follows Sidious' example by presenting a public face (as a 'rebel pilot', known by Han and Leia) and then he pulls the dark hood over and becomes the self-styled Lord ----- (a name we won't know until the movie). Through his obsession with Vader, Sidious and Plagueis' studies/teachings, he brings about the 'Awakening', and becomes the physical manifestation of the Dark Side, with someone else (Rey?) taking on the Light. I can definitely see this happening. Then we have the ultimate Dark vs Light setup. If they're brother and sister that only adds to the drama. Can he kill his little sister?

I also believe we will learn, through flashback, that Vader himself was secretly working on bringing about the 'Awakening'.

Echo Base likes this.
  21. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    With this talk of Kylo Ren being a Sith artifact collector and having an obsession with Darth Vader, it sounds to me like he is an analogy for neo-Nazis. They idolise Hitler and many of them collect Nazi memorabilia. After the fall of Palpatine's "Reich", perhaps the "imperials" today are more like loosely-affiliated bands of neo-Nazi thugs than an organised political group holding onto power.

(I don't really want to bring race into this after the trouble in the Boyega/Finn thread but if Kylo is analagous to a neo-Nazi, the fact that his opponent will be a non-Aryan might allow the film to make a positive social comment)

To take the analogy further, Kylo Ren and his followers could deny that the Death Star destroyed Alderaan, just as many neo-Nazis are holocaust deniers.

Just throwing these ideas out there.

22. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I don't think JJ will go that deep as far as race and ethniticy goes. Considering the fact that Finn, himself, was once part of the new Empire.

I see a lot of people mention how all the imperials in the OT were white males and how that was on purpose. I don't think it was, considering how 95% of rebel soldiers were white males too. That just goes to show how lopsided Hollywood casting was back in the 70s and 80s.

Echo Base likes this.
  23. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

I think the Empire is still the actual Empire from ROTJ, just scattered and fatigued by being in constant war for 30+ years, but I think your analysis of Kylo Ren is spot on.

Echo Base likes this.
  24. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I have only seen a few episodes and I don't think Driver is in it enough to just watch the show for his appearances.

I stopped watching it myself because the "Girls" were just horrible people, and not in a funny Seinfeld/It's Always Sunny way.

The little I saw of Driver though, he delivered a good performance as a completely despicable jerk. So much so that when I heard his name in the big cast announcement my first reaction was "Oh, not that horrible individual". A few moments later I realised that I was confusing the actor with the character :p, and figured if those few, brief scenes I saw had illicit that reaction out of me, then Driver will do very well in TFA. ;)

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  25. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I strongly believe that Kylo will convert to the Light side of the force by the end of the ST. I feel like he's just a pawn for Uber. A pawn that we'll believe to be the main villain for 2.5 films. Once Uber steps in, that's when Luke will have to take off the gloves.

I just can't buy Kylo being the main villain when he gets hurt by Rey and Finn (supposedly.)

What would he do against Luke? Especially if he's a solo sibling. He may die, and he may not convert. He won't be the main villain. I feel like that'd just be a waste of Driver. He's going to be more complex than just a Vader clone. After all, his idol fell from the dark as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.