main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Plagueis mastered the power of life and death, who knows what form he may find to survive being murdered by Sidious. Ren as youthful as we expect Driver to play him needs to have an experienced coach, unless Ren isn't human.

Forcesensitive01 likes this.
  2. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in ROTS, Palpatine first tells Anakin that Plaguies knows how to manipulate midichlorians to create life and stop people from dying, but that his apprentice killed him in his sleep so he obviously couldn't use this power on himself.

But then in Palpatine's chambers, after Anakin has killed Mace, Palpatine tells him something like "only one person has unlocked the key to immortality" but together we can figure out how to do it...

Is that right? If so, is Palpatine still talking about Plaguies there? Or is he talking about someone else? It's not clear at all from the opera scene that Plaguies achieved immortality. The whole point of Palpatine's story is that Plaguies became so powerful that he was blindsided by his apprentice...Just as he was foreshadowing the Jedi Order having become so powerful that they are vulnerable from within and Anakin, their apprentice, will turn on them and defeat them.

3. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I want a lot of Imperial March in this film. It's just too good, and you immediately know you're in the GFFA when you hear it. But it should be a variation. A wilder, more horror-infused version of the theme, with perhaps some screeching violins, etc.

Kinda like this:

:)

4. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Kylo, quiet down there! Your father is trying to read his evening newspaper after a long day on the Kessel Run and that racket is very distracting!

5. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Han Solo's reprimand was the final straw for young Kylo

Kylo: I'll become a Sith Lord, and play the kazoo whenever I want! Muahahaha!

The next day

Leia: Have you seen Kylo?
    Han: Nope.
    Leia: What were you arguing about last night?
    Han: Oh nothing. Just made him stop playing that stupid kazoo.
    Han: You did WHAT????

Thirty years later

Episode IV: The Force Awakens.

6. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Bravo, bravo! =D=

7. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    :) Though there's a typo in there. Should be Leia saying: You did WHAT????

Whouda knew it was all because of a stupid kazoo?

8. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    That would be cool, to hear a meaner and punchier rendition of the Imperial March. I would still want Kylo Ren to have his own theme, however. He's too important a character to go "theme-less".

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  9. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004

I like the way you think.

Maybe a full choral rendition of it would be fun? A lot of bass.

10. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Good thinking on your end as well. I'd really like to hear bass chorals underpinning the theme. But nothing too ubiquitous, as with Duel of the Fates.

11. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    A slow, choral rendition could be really creepy.

12. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  13. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  14. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    So why isn't Kylo a proper Sith? At first I thought that he was a rouge nutcase, but he is clearly in service of the First Order. Either the Sith have abbandoned the Darth policy or it isn't the sith at all.

15. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    In much the same way as the music at the end of TPM was a "happy" version of the emperor's theme, and Anakin's theme had elements of the Imperial March, it'd be interesting if Kylo Ren's theme was a sinister version/variation on the Leia/Han love theme (if he is related to them)

Vohnkar, Dak Oolron and iluvkoalas like this.
  16. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I'll go head and say that I'll be disappointed if we don't get scenes with Kylo Ren unmasked in TFA, not only to differentiate him from Vader as a villain, but also I think by the sounds of some of these scenes he's described as being in, it would be better if he's unmasked (confronting Rey after her kidnapping, sitting in the pilot seat of the Falcon). I'd much prefer if Ren only wears his mask/helmet when in battle mode, but that's probably wishful thinking.

17. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    I agree, Adam Driver has a great face, it'd be a shame for it not to be seen on screen

18. Sightie

Sightie Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2015
    Perhaps the Darth title is only granted to masters in the new order.

19. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    story of my life :cool:

20. DarthCatbeard

DarthCatbeard Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2014

There's rumours that as far as most in the GFFA are aware his de-facto Darth title is 'Vader' :p

21. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    Maybe he will be unmasked and the "twist" will be that he is someone the heroes know or a relative as seems to be likely at the moment

Dak Oolron likes this.
  22. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    My guess is he will take off his helmet when he faces Han.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  23. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014

You are correct; Palpatine's line was: "To cheat death is a power only one has achieved but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret."

You raise an interesting question. The way the line was said, it sounds like Plagueis cheated death...as in, found a way to continue living despite being killed. But it could have just as easily meant he discovered the power to help others cheat death. Just a George Lucas script line.

Iron_lord likes this.
  24. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I wonder if Driver will be voicing his own character's line or if someone else is going, like with Vader.

25. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I was thinking about my post the other day of the spy photo that supposedly shows Driver in X-Wing or some type of Resistance pilot gear, and it was mentioned that it would be a cool twist if Driver is actually playing twins himself...one being a good-guy pilot and the other being a twisted and evil Kylo Ren (as oppsed to him working both sides). Thinking about this further, I remembered the concept art showing the cyborg, and specifically the cyborg holder Vader's charred mask, as well as the art of the cyborg appearing to hug/hold Rey from behind. Has it been debunked and now we're not getting a cyborg at all, or has it not really been discovered yet by MSW?

I think a cool twist would be Driver playing the one straight-laced twin who's the pilot and a little bit of his mom and dad, while also being the other twin who is a more than a little bit of his grandfather...and possibly even presumed dead for many years. To me it would make it an interesting plot line having twins where one is a Force-user and the other isn't even sensitive to the Force, ala the potential father Han.

Dak Oolron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.