main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Yes, I like it as well. I don't want every single bad guy to be calm and collected, because that's how literally every villain has been like.

2. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    The scenes with Kylo without the helmet, where we get to truly see the characters nuances without him having to display the violent agressive side, the quieter moments..will, (hopefully) help to define him as a strong and deserving villain of the ST. It truly is paramount they get him right.

3. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    We need the violent aggressive side though, even without the helmet. My theory is that Kylo is either just an "errand boy", or he's not related to the First Order at all. Leave those quieter moments to Snoke and Uber, we need a violent mother****er as well.

4. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Snoke AND Uber?? Lol..anyways, if Kylo displays nothing as a character besides being a violent, wild mother****er? He's destined to fail. His character needs to have substance and a certain gravitas to it.

Rabs and Victorian Time Traveler like this.
  5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Of course, but being violent and aggressive doesn't mean there can't be any other character traits.

6. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah, which is what I'm saying...

7. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    You made it sound like I was suggesting that his only traits would be violent and aggressive.. but whatever

8. Tryinq

Tryinq Jedi Knight

Jul 30, 2015
    Rly? i think Kylo Ren looks sick

[​IMG]

9. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Dang, you're right. From the trailers it looked like he just had that normal black robe that every other bad guy had.

Stephen Thomas and Tryinq like this.
  10. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    kylo ren is probably the coolest looking villain tbh.

vader's design is great of course but in a different way.

Satipo and cwustudent like this.
  11. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Not even close.

12. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

I think in a way vader is indisputable number one just 'cause of the prescence he carries scene he's in not just visually but audibly and the 'overall vibe'.

after that though easily kylo in terms of 'costume/design' hard for me to judge someone like dooku when it's lee's face you think of first.

13. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014
    carlcockatoo I'll have to wait until I see him in action in film before I decide where to place him in the rankings. Much more goes into a villain than simply their look. Maul looks physically cool but is ultimately a dud as a villain. Same with Boba Fett. As of right now it goes Vader, Palpatine and Dooku as my three favorite in canon Sith. Honorable mention goes to Bane from Yoda's Clone Wars arc.

14. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    That's a fake picture, BTW.

Rabs likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think he looks much like Vader to be honest. His helmet is similar in the back sure but everything else about his look to the way he moves and hopefully his performance is very original. I love everything about him so far.

16. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015

oh yeah agree we'll have to see him in action first.

this is based on my imagination + trailer of course this can change once I see the film

17. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    I wonder if he duels Luke

18. RC-2473

Mar 14, 2015
  19. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I've mulled this around for a while, but I think that the flame effect of Kylo's saber is meant to be deliberately evocative of the flaming swords of myth. In particular, given Kylo's Vader fixation, I think that the flaming sword of Surtr is being referenced here. Vader was 'born' on Mustafar, a planet whose mythological basis is Muspelheim, the fire realm of Norse myth, and home to Surtr.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muspelheim

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surtr

[​IMG]

20. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Had a strange dream about Kylo Ren last night he was trying to construct his lightsaber but it was actually a light whip at first it was low power and he could actually touch the beam, then he kind of Tightened up the beam somehow to become a lightsaber blade and the cross guard part kinda exploded out of the sides and he added the coverings around them it was weird lol

21. Rabs

Jul 15, 2014
    I think Kylo is going to be what we all thought Maul was going to be. A coiled ball of dark side fury.

22. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I had a thought today, and it's a crazy one and most likely not true. But what if...

Kylo isn't force sensitive. What if he's a poseur, and wishes to gain force power by collecting relics or something. Everyone just believes him to have the force and are scared of him

Silly, I know lol

23. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    reminds me of this lol

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  24. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    is this real or fan art?

25. Imperial Reject

Dec 6, 2012
    Jaxxon I want to say it's fan made I think I've seen it before on the EP7 Fan art thread I'll bet a check on that thread will reveal it or not tons of Kylo Ren on there, it's also been advertised on playing cards but those may be fan made as well someone scrolling through the aforementioned Fan art thread perhaps

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.