main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I wonder if "Kylo" is part of the title or his given name? In most sects, where you get another name you abbandon your old one completely.

Dra--- and Jcuk like this.
  2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015

3. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    These are space ninjas we're talking about here. How are they going to hurt themselves?

We see people swallow fire and swallow swords in the circus, but yet a trained dude with a broad saber is going to hurt himself?

Dra--- likes this.
  4. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    It'd just be another good spot for a peircing or gauge. LOL
    [REMOVED]

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that shouldn't be posted here imo. graphically disgusting.

Wildcatbarry and Bazookaleffe like this.
  6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Indeed it is and Wildcatbarry please refrain from posting such images in the future.

7. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Darn Claire, u broke it! Kylo's not a Sith he's an evil cinnamon bun! Hahahah awesome[face_laugh]

8. MasterMoolah

MasterMoolah Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Based on what Abrams has said, Kylo Ren isn't a Sith, but that doesn't mean he won't become one at some point in time during the trilogy. He's clearly not THE big baddie, He's clearly more of an apprentice-type just like Finn.

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    What would be the point of him joining the Sith? He's already well-trained.

Dra---, Rabs and Jcuk like this.
  10. MasterMoolah

MasterMoolah Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    There's still a lot about Ren that we don't know. We don't know how well-trained he is or if there won't be a Sith Lord that comes along offering more power. Like say Darth Plagueis for instance.

11. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

I don't know; to me the Knights of Ren seem like classic Darkside followers, just like the Sith were. If so, then the the return of the Sith would not make Anakin's sacrifice less meaningful than the rise of this new Order, the Knights of Ren would. Besides, Snoke is a Darksider according to J.J. So in my opinion, the prophecy is not more valid, just because the Darkside's Army has a new name.We will have to see when the movie releases. Also, why does Kylo have Darth Vaders' charred helmet on display if they are not Sith, or at least followers of the Darkside like Vader was. :confused:

And yes the Sith Vs. Jedi has always been very black and white; that is what Lucas intended. It gives the fans someone to root for. If both sides are no better or worse than each other, then the wars they have against each other are meaningless. This is my opinion though. It is fine that others like nothing but grey characters. [face_peace]

12. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I tend to think the Darth Vader obsession is more due to Vader being grandad. Rather than an interest in the Sith as a Darkside entity.

13. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Yes, and he probably wants to prove that he's a worthy descendant/successor of Darth Vader. :vader:

"I will finish what you have started". :kylo:

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm getting the overall story arc of Kylo Ren through the ST could go roughly like this...

The Force Awakens
    * Leia gives birth to Han and her son.
    * Luke takes young Kylo and infant Rey to train
    * The Knights of Ren attack Luke's academy, kidnapping Kylo
    * Luke leaves infant Rey with MVS but she eventually leaves to live by herself
    * Kylo is trained by the KOR
    * Kylo learns about and becomes obsessed with his grandfather, Darth Vader
    * The KOR encourage Kylo to collect relics pertaining to Vader
    * The KOR teach Kylo about how Luke killed his grandfather
    * When Kylo runs into his long lost cousin but she doesn't know who he is yet
    * Kylo runs into Han and kills his father in cold blood
    * An unremorseful Kylo maims Finn but is nearly bested by his untrained cousin who manages to escape

Episode VIII
    * Furiously seeking revenge for his humiliation, Kylo hunts for Rey
    * When he learns of Rey being trained by Luke he decides a new tactic
    * Snoke tells Kylo that if he wants Rey and Luke to come to him he must hurt someone close to them
    * Kylo sees the ghost of his grandfather who begs him not to follow him down the same path
    * Kylo and the FO set a trap and capture Leia
    * Leia faces Kylo in a lightsaber duel
    * Whilst Leia's force powers are strong, she can't cope with Kylo's swordsmanship
    * It seems Leia is about to be killed when Rey turns up and challenges Kylo
    * Rey has Kylo beaten when he tells her the truth about their real relationship
    * Rey takes Leia and they return to Luke whilst Kylo is left beaten but his spirit is unbroken

Episode IX

* The episode opens with Snoke admonishing Kylo over his failures
    * Snoke tells Kylo he still hasn't totally given himself to the dark side
    * If he is to become all powerful Snoke tells him he must kill Luke above everyone else
    * Conflicted Kylo receives a vision of his grandfather, only this time Anakin tells him how much his mother loves him still
    * Kylo finally draws the Jedi out, he defeats Luke but when Snoke kills Leia he turns and both himself and Rey duel Snoke
    * Kylo ultimately sacrifices himself and doing so causes Snoke to be struck down by Rey using the sword of their grandfather
    * In peace at last Luke and Rey sees the ghostly apparition of Leia, Anakin and Kylo

15. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Okay. This is going to be a major plot twist :-B

16. Sithlord-Boo

Sithlord-Boo Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2003
    Information about the the word ren i think could be beneficial in understanding this characters nature
    will post in kylo and knights of ren thread
    ren in ancient egyptian: One's secret name, as part of the soul
    ren(confucianism)-Ren is exemplified by a normal adult's protective feelings for children
    ren Norwegian(adjective) clean and pure
    As you can see this name is hitting on all fronts

the_sinister_hologram likes this.
  17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

Nice approach with adding Leia more into the focus and I'm open to this, but in your scenario Luke is pretty much useless. He is doing nothing in VIII and in IX he is beaten by Kylo. And what is Finn doing in VIII/IX? o_O

Django Fett likes this.
  18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Well it is pretty much what happens to Kylo Ren and omits just about everything that Luke, Finn, Poe and other characters that are not directly related to Kylo.

If Leia is his mother then won't his redemption come through her rather than his uncle? Well that's my reasoning and honestly I would like more Luke but it doesn't fit in Kylo's overall story arc. If I were to do Rey's overall story arc it would have Luke as central and as important as Han and Leia are to Kylo's story arc.

19. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    I agree. My apologies for the offense.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Did anything ever come of that old pic of Adam Driver in an X-Wing pilot uniform?

21. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I think it was just an extra who looked like adam driver from a distance (combined with low res)

22. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Agreed. Unless it's a flashback. But I think that's unlikely.

TheBBP likes this.
  23. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    Hold up a second ... Based on what we think we know, Kylo -- and perhaps the First Order itself -- have a fixation with Darth Vader.

BUT

How would Kylo know he is the grandson of Darth Vader?

Haven't we established that only a handful of people even knew that Anakin survived as Darth Vader? I would think even fewer know that he had any children; a couple of folks (now dead) went through considerable trouble to assure that no one knew. I further doubt that even if Kylo is the son of Han and Leia (as I believe) they would share that little tidbit with him. And Luke sure as heck wouldn't want anyone to know. I mean, if no one knows who Luke and Leia are, how can anyone know who Kylo is?

Who knew?
    Palpatine (dead)
    Kenobi (dead)
    Bail Organa (dead)
    Yoda (dead)
    Luke
    Leia

We don't even know if HAN knows the truth about Vader's identity. As far as we know, he knows Luke and Leia are siblings and that's it.

That's a big problem to this line of thinking, IMO. The better bet is that Kylo feels 'drawn' to Vader in some way, but has no idea why -- not fully at least -- until later in the trilogy. I can see that as being a big revelation later on. Even if Han reveals himself as Kylo's father, that's only half the equation, and NOT the Vader half, afterall.

And if Snoke somehow mysteriously knows, well, they are going to have some 'splaining to do on that one.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    EDIT: And Ahsoka knows about Anakin/Vader, but it remains to be seen what happens to her and if she ever finds out about the twins.

25. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    So how do you guys think Adam approached Kylo's voice? Do you think he'll have a slowed down speech like Snoke? Do you think he'll talk faster since the character is described as emotional?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.