main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It's too early to tell which "theory" is true. I only said Kylo could be similar in that regard, it is an option. An option that can't be discounted based on the evidence we have imo. Just like your theory is an option.

We'll just have to wait and see.

2. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

I'm not arguing just stating what I would do if I were the writer lol

3. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    TFA will definitely have the most hallmarks of the Original Trilogy. It's JJ's strength to pay homage while putting a smart and fun spin on what we expect and are comfortable with.
    Some will call TFA a remix or remake of A New Hope. Others will call it a "love-letter" to Lucas' original films. But the truth will be somewhere in between, and I believe completely that the small details that are different about TFA will be expanded upon and magnified by Johnson, who will help take 8 and 9 into a more different direction. And I'm 100% OK with this. Win us back (after the PT) with a story and characters that hit on many of the things that we have loved about SW for so long, and once you've done that, then WOW us with where the new story can go.

jjgriffin and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  4. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    WTF!?!? I just read a rumor that Kylo is actually a clone of Leia pretending to be a guy to be accepted by the First Order!

Darth_Voider likes this.
  5. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    No way Kylo gets killed in TFA.

I'd say there's about a 1% chance that Luke swoops in an duels Kylo to save Rey's life, then disappears like a wraith. But even in the slim chance that he does that, he's not going to kill Kylo.

6. BretHart

BretHart Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 29, 2015
    I appreciate the reply.... When younger I saw a trailer and said "YES - THAT MOVIE WILL BE THE BEST EVER" .... Then I see the movie and wow, I'm stunned how awful it is. Some trailer companies just know how to cut amazing trailers. Their work goes unnoticed and it shows when the movie is absolute garbage. I no longer judge a movie just by the trailer... I speculate - but overall, I can't comment until I actually see the film. Oblivion had an AWFUL trailer - but saw the movie and loved it. Star Wars Prequels had some of the best trailers ever made. Saw the movies and hated them.

7. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    I believe Kylo will end of being the big bad in the trilogy.

Rodie likes this.
  8. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd love to see a twist of the OT, with Kylo becoming so evil and powerful, that in IX, Snoke actually sacrifices himself to help stop him.

9. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I hear what you're saying, and i agree Oblivion was a good flick. I like Tom's movies, he makes quality stuff, he's one of my favorites.

Big Boss likes this.
  10. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    This just hit me, the whole idea of the new guys taking over for the older generation. Maybe this goes for the bad too. Maybe Snoke will end up being the last of the Sith Lords(has been in hiding). Kylo may destroy Snoke and the Knights of Ren will usher in the new generation of the darkside

jjgriffin likes this.
  11. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015

I like this a lot. Kylo has a lot to live up to - the grandson of Darth Vader, nephew of Luke Skywalker The Last Jedi, and son to Han Solo and Leia Organa, 2 of the greatest heroes in Galactic history. Perhaps a little too much to live up to. Chances are, he had his whole life laid out in front of him - expected to be an ace pilot, and future Jedi. The lure of the Dark Side, allowing him to reject his destiny, and choose his own path, may prove to be too enticing for him to pass up. Similar to his grandfather.

Big Boss and Wildcatbarry like this.
  12. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014

Seeing Kylo betray and successfully kill Snoke at the end of Episode 8 would be amazing...setting him up as the big bad of Episode 9 and a full-on showdown: Kylo VS Rey.

That's what I want to see happen. That, and Luke and Finn taking on all 11 of the other Knights of Ren by themselves and defeating them.

jjgriffin and Big Boss like this.
  13. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    god i hate hearing PT jabs. ok, great, you didnt like them. others did. its agreeable they arent up to OT standard. enough said really. they gave a lot of good, while bringing a whole new generation into star wars.
    now, in terms of JJ going the more OT route with things, i honestly dont think for a second that its going to be a carbon copy of A New Hope. i just dont. if many rumours are to be considered, theres a lot going on that wasnt going on in A New Hope. there was no "find Ben", the entire movie. there really was no "who is *someone*" being asked. these are the strongest things we have to guess whats going on. they are comments from the director/SG. MSW has some good stuff, and i believe some of it will be in the movie. but i dont see a reason to fear this being TOO much like A new hope. sure, i knoww you are not just making it up, theres a lot of interesting parallels going on, Luke is new Obi, Rey is new Luke, Finn/Poe is Han, Super weapon the new death star etc etc. but theres enough differences too, to really feel like its own thing.

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Didn't you just describe "hiding from his past"? It would be almost exactly like Darth Vader. That was not what carlcockatoo meant.

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    Not hiding from it, rejecting it. Rejecting the "destiny" others had planned for him, much like Anakin did. Like a kid who is told his whole life he's going to follow Dad and take over the family business, only to resent that his future is already decided, and eventually he rebels against it, and goes off with the hot chickand gets married and does something else with his life, against his family's wishes. Just substitute "Hot Chick" with Snoke and/or Dark Side.

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  17. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    So lets say Kylo does turn out to be a Solo or Skywalker or whatever. When would we find out? Episode VIII?

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

18. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Probably towards the end of 7 when he kills Han

19. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    Are we thinking Kylo Ren's original name was Kylo Solo...Or did he change his first and last name? Was it *blank* Solo and he became Kylo Ren?

To me, it's more interesting if he was Kylo Solo and changed to Kylo Ren, because he's proud in a sense and he wants his parents and his Uncle to know who he is and that he's leading the First Order. And that means when TFA starts, Han and Leia know who he is...but what can they do about it? Especially without Luke's help? So when Han finally confronts him, well...

20. Plo_Koon888

Plo_Koon888 Jedi Master

May 22, 2005

That would be interesting. Though it might be like the Sith with the Darth's that he completely changes his name.

21. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Kylo Ren is an assumed title/name so it's not his true identity. It's true that Ky + Lo could be a combination of Skywalker and Solo, but it seems a little corny if factual.

If Luke happens to fight Kylo, what will he do if he senses some good in him? Of course I assume Luke has better control now, 30 years later, and wouldn't be giving in to his feelings as much during combat... but he refused to kill someone before and it all worked out in the end.

I'm probably way off in my thinking, but it's fun to speculate.

22. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Anyone notice on the poster that Adam Driver is the first new character billed after the Big Three, before Daisy and Boyega even? Curious...

23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I am starting to believe the rumors about him being the only offspring character.

24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    are we forgetting that MSW said that Kylo will be on everything? which does seem to be the case. So it makes sense that he's the first of the new characters.

nightangel likes this.
  25. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think not even with that makes sense the billing. That would explain his previous position, third. But for a character that is not the most featured in the movie, not shows his face much of the time, nor is any more famous as an actor than the others... Something is going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.