main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015

This one? - [​IMG]

By the way if you want to link to an image do this - [ img ] insert link here [ /img ] without any of the spaces. Or click the picture icon on your comment toolbar and it will do it for you, so long as the image is in a proper format. If you upload to imgur you'll have to add the .jpg yourself.

2. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Maybe I need to reread the comic, but wookieepedia states Cylo was a person at least originally (listed as male instead of male personality, etc) Maybe whoever wrote the article was wrong. Also, I didn't know droids got doctorates.

I'll reread the comic when I can, but Cylo sure acts human and he did go through bodies. It "feels" like Disney did the same EU concept with some technical detail paint job (droid program who got a doctorate).

For example, if Kylo Ren in Episode 7 is revealed to be a host body containing a droid program replica of Palpatine's personality, the reaction in the audience would likely be the same as if Kylo Ren were an outright Palpatine clone with memory transfer. The technical details here are minor compared to the concept.

It would be funny if Kylo and Cylo had some kind of connection...

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Tapatalk

The Jaded Irk likes this.
  3. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    I don't see Disney and Lucasfilm touching the whole clone thing with a ten foot pole. My prediction is that Kylo Ren is the son of Han and Leia who was forced (or tricked) into joining the Knights of Ren many years prior to TFA. Han and Leia probably believe him to be long dead, but discover the truth halfway through the movie. Perhaps the scene of Han comforting Leia in the trailers is the moment when he tells her?

I also see Kylo Ren being the "Snape" character of this trilogy; a guy who's clearly on the dark side, but his true motivation is a deep mystery. He even looks like Snape! When all is said and done, I think he will be the second most important character in the ST behind Rey.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    who the hell is Snape??

5. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Yeah, I hope what Disney did in their comics stays in their comics. Snape from Harry Potter had a very interesting reason for going bad though (his rejection by someone he really cared about), so Kylo is going to have a similarly compelling reason for going bad if he is to be a Snape-type character. I don't think being kidnapped and indoctrinated by the Knights of Ren is it...

6. Cyan_Dawn

Apr 3, 1999
    Perhaps, like Snape's motivation of protecting Harry, Kylo Ren turned to the dark side to protect Rey? The big twist could be that Kylo Ren has been Rey's protector all along, despite being turning to the dark side and being "immune to the light".

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The original Cylo was a human, but in the transfer process his personality got reduced considerably. It's not really the person anymore, just a stale copy. In any case I doubt the concept will play any kind of role in TFA.

8. ProfessorNutbudder

ProfessorNutbudder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 1, 2003
    I immediately thought of Snape when the Vanity Fair pictures of Kylo without his mask.
    Truthfully, I wouldn't mind it if Kylo's story was similar to Snape's. Turning to the dark side as a way of dealing with some sort of rejection would work for me. Though I'm not too keen on him being some kind of protector of Rey doing the double agent thing. I want Kylo to be a complete and total psychopath. One who has lost touch with all that he used to have and does such horrendous things that he is irredeemable. Hopefully, a Darth Maul with a lot more personality and depth.

ShtevePalpatine and robbman21 like this.
  9. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Snape is Kylo Ren 30 years after the ST. Works as a teacher.
    [​IMG]

10. Kantz

Kantz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2015
    [​IMG]

Kylo Ren=Hamlet
    "Alas, Poor Vader!"
    Speaking to a skull like mask of a dead person he admired... They have been alluding to this for over a year now it seems.
    Think about it. This was one of the first images leaked. It is deliberate. Star wars has always had Shakespearean references/themes.
    Prince Hamlet? Who is trying to avenge the death of his father? (Darth Vader)
    Why would he be a Prince? Son of Han and Princess Leia.
    Who is he trying to kill? His uncle. (Luke)
    He is visited by the ghost of his father? Hayden Christensen is rumored to be in Episode VIII isn't he? (I wonder in what capacity that would be)
    Hamlet ends up causing the death of many of his loved ones, including his friends and his mother.
    MSW wasn't needed to know a good chunk of this movie. All that was needed was that image.
    Kylo Ren is a twisted version of Hamlet. It is impossible to read even an synopsis of Hamlet without getting vibes of this movie.
    [​IMG]
    Nice sword with a cross guard. I wonder where they got that idea....

11. Cyan_Dawn

Apr 3, 1999
    [​IMG]

12. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I still find it very strange that Kylo reveres Vader--does he not know that Vader is the one who killed Palpatine and basically destroyed the Empire?

It would be hilarious if Abrams is messing with the fans with trick editing in these trailers--Kylo is really speaking to a portrait of Palpatine when saying, "I will finish what you started", and that Vader helmet is left around as a sign of what happens to those who turn against the Empire. (Finn, are you listening?)

Luke: Snoke never told you what happened to the Emperor.

Kylo: He told me enough. He told me you killed him.

Luke: No, Vader killed the Emperor.

Kylo: No, that's not true. That's impossible! NOOOO!!!

13. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    I agree. It would be a logical character progression for Luke. He lacked the willpower to do what is expected of a Jedi in the OT. Now he is a master he has learned it.

14. generalgleeson

generalgleeson Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2015
  15. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Leading the Empire on the cover of Empire.

16. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    My ST embargo lasted less than a week and I am bored and have run out of anything relevant to add other than - do I spy my little eye, the mighty eye of Sauron on the left there?

(yep. I know it is the shuttle but ehhh..)

cwustudent, Canyon D and KnightOfRen like this.
  17. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    how many covers do they have? :confused:

18. generalgleeson

Nov 16, 2015
    Six

19. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    6 covers.

20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    ohh, seems they want to sell magazines. [face_laugh]

21. Darth Early

Darth Early Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2015
    Kylo and Rey will share the same hate towards their Skywalker heritage, feeling angry for being lied to (not knowing the whole truth) or being abandoned due higher causes. Having strong feelings they both will turn dark at some point. But their love for each other will ultimately "save" them keeping them in balance with the force.

And when you think about it the Skywalker family was never truly Jedi or truly Sith. They always had some kind of confusion and question all things. They seem to be able to keep things in balance, which gives them power or wisdom depending what they need more...

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  22. generalgleeson

Nov 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

Only 4,500 copies of this special issue will be printed. The Limited Edition issue will be priced at £11.99, available only in the UK at branches of Sainsbury's.

23. Breogan

Breogan Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
  24. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But are we supposed to believe that Kylo Ren thinks Darth Vader was behind the Sith and the Empire?

25. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Kylo must have found Vader's burned ashes and armor on Endor and assumed that Luke killed Vader in a duel on the Forest Moon where the land battle took place at the Shield Generator. Otherwise, how would he even have insider info that Luke turned himself in and confronted Vader and the Emperor on the Death Star???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.