main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    I'd imagine Snoke has been in his ear feeding him false info. Kinda like Palpatine and Anakin.

Big Boss likes this.
  2. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Forceforchange exclusive art:
    [​IMG]

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  4. Sithians

Sithians Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 15, 2015
    I just had sex and I'm about to eat nachos!!! Lmao...I just watched my first Adam Driver film....What If

5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

6. Sithians

Sithians Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 15, 2015
    It's a line Adam Driver says in the movie...lol..

7. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

It's the report he gives to Snoke.

Import_Jedi, dlbates and Captain B like this.
  8. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    His character just looks more intimidating every time. I don't think he's necessarily the most important character, Rey. For this movie though to really work, he has to. And it looks like he will.

9. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Snoke: There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?

Kylo Ren: I just had sex and I'm about to eat nachos!!!

[face_laugh]

10. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014

11. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    I just had a cool idea that fits with my kylo head canon but could also work with w/e they actually go with:

what if maz gets captured and interrogated in VIII and she fires back by sharing another vision of kylo's past that is a huge plot twist and causes him to go even more unhinged? kinda similar to the Snape scenes too lol

12. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Did a new trailer with Kylo Ren appeared?

13. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

If he had sex he definitely fealt the awakening.

14. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    In that case, she should touch the burned Vader helmet, unleash her flashback powers and show him what truly happened in the last moments before Vader's death....

15. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

Nah luke should do that in a luke vs kylo duel. if maz is basically in prison she probably can't access the mask, but kylo probably has his saber on him.

16. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

[​IMG]

17. goldenlotus

goldenlotus Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2015
    So Im getting the sense that Kylo has a limp or some sort of issue with one of his legs. When he walks down the ramp and as well as other scenes he seems like he may have some issue with his leg. Maybe I am wrong but I get that sense. :p

18. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Can't recall : has this line of from JJ re: Snoke been discussed to death yet on this thread? It is from the latest Empire interview (courtesy of MSW)

It pretty much clarifies that (Kylo) Ren was not always on the other side ... and makes it interesting, given that Driver has described the character as being a not-necessarily evil religious fanatic.

I would have personally LOVED it if JJ had trolled everyone by flashing Driver's face as one of the pilots in the Starkiller battle ..

Flapjack4, Big Boss and cwustudent like this.
  19. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    yeh, Kylo Ren is defs not a prototypical 'bad guy'. i know thats hard to grasp, what with how he looks and presents himself in general. but i sense a reverse of Anakin here. we go into TFA as an audience knowing Kylo is bad (similar to Vader in the OT) except he is still young here and can easily be redeemed. an eg would be within that quote from above, Snoke has been in his ear, probably from a young, sensitive age. ala, Palpatine. by the end of the ST im willing to be he is redeemed or sacrifices himself. JJ quote coupled with Driver quote pretty much confirms my first sentence in this post. i like the theory above about Maz or Luke either forcing him to face the lies, or by at least trying. hes obviously been indoctrinated early on in his life, and that is why he is where he is at in TFA. him killing Han would be a 'tipping point' from the viewers eyes of just how bad this guy is, but that, to me, only serves to back my theory up with how he could be redeemed (because would we as an audience REALLY want him to be redeemed anyway? but thats star wars and thats what exactly happened with Vader). now, this isnt something i necessarily want, just food for thought.
    the "test" that Snoke mentions in the latest trailer seems to indicate that Kylo and him have got an established relationship, coupled with having gone through prior tests, but nothing to this level (the light being awakened IMO), and indicates a desire to confront a force sensitive (or maybe, not JUST a force sensitive, a possible 'skywalker' (which works as solo or skywalker AKA rey).

Chewies_bandolier and Trikuza23 like this.
  20. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    If Kylo was in that flashback, it's not like he has never faced another force user. So what Snoke was saying, "even you", is interesting.

21. Bigger Fish

Bigger Fish Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 24, 2015
    I think that the Kylo Ren character is highly intriguing! Can't wait to see his backstory! :D

"I will show them the dark side."

22. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
  23. That Real Hope

That Real Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 14, 2015
    Just reading the empire article and you know, I would have preferred him to be without a mask.

Move away from the other villains and he has a really great character face.

Sent from my E2105 using Tapatalk

24. Matt47

Matt47 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 17, 2015
    I'd agree but I'm freaking in love with this mask. It's beautifully haunting.

25. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    I think we will see him without the mask during the flashback or at the end of the film. After the snow planet explosions or final fight scene it gets dislodged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.