main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Sadly, F/F (femslash) is not too popular online.
    Now back onto Adam driver, I really hope they don't mess up his face in the end. Let him stay the wonderfully weird alien species that he is. I for one believe he is part of the same alien species as Benedict Cumberbatch. A strangely attractive person who you can't help wonder "You're soo strange looking...yet soo appealing at the same time". I don't want them to cop out and just turn him into a cyborg like thing cause "Vader and the OT did it!" :rolleyes:

2. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Raised the color/lighting a bit, and Kylo Ren definitely does look like he's holding a lightsaber. Oddly enough though, it looks more like Luke's second lightsaber rather than the one he lost on Bespin, to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TimeZone and cwustudent like this.
  3. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Oh trust me that doesn't stop shippers.

4. Darth Sater

Darth Sater Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    Yes it sure does. It's because Luke fights Kylo early on and loses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Force22 likes this.
  5. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    See this person gets it. Hell I have seen ships that have thousands of fics containing characters who have never been in a single scene together! It's called Lestrade/Mycroft from BBC Sherlock. Characters haven't been in a single scene together yet...somehow it's popular. I don't know why. [face_dunno]

6. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yup that's the one I was thinking of, haha.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  7. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Our mental sychronization can have but one explanation that I must recruit you to my fangirl army. :p

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Force22

Force22 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

I am a little old for that kind of stuff, but I also find "shipping" fascinating. In fact, I find the whole fandom thing quite fascinating. Maybe in another part of the boards or in its thread? I'll might be a lurker, but it's fun to learn about those things.

9. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Just PM me and I'll share ya the details (don't worry I'll keep it PG)

Force22 likes this.
  10. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    It's not odd for him to not have the Bespin saber, as this is a scene from a flashback, and Kylo is still looking for the Bespin saber at the start of TFA.

11. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Shippers should adopt Walter White as their spokesperson. Because there's only one thing that will stop the shipper train. And that's...nothing.

[​IMG]

Darth Claire likes this.
  12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yeah, shippers are always so superficial. Hate when Vader gets healed into a "Beau" in fanfiction.

13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    They like their pretty people with their long pretty hair, which is why I feel like they are going to LOVE Kylo. I mean he has a lot in common with the tumblr obsession sex god known as Loki (dark hair, pale skin, interesting face, parent issues, angst galore, and a blonde british guy he gets into fights with) :p

cwustudent and Force22 like this.
  14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I think everyone should read a few shipping fanfictions because it blasts many stereotypes about women to hell.

And creates a couple of them if you get too deep into it.

But that's another story.

15. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Now back onto the topic of Kylo Ren and his pretty hair, he better keep that pretty hair! We need at least one semi-good looking Star wars villain who lasts more than 1 film! :p

Force22 likes this.
  16. KyloAwakens

KyloAwakens Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    Kylo would be sad to see his thread has this many pages dedicated to "ships "...

Allana_Rey and cwustudent like this.
  17. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I just assume that Kylo is always a mixture of sad and angry. It's his lot in life :p

Allana_Rey and KyloAwakens like this.
  18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The worst are shippers who actually get their point across to the powers-that-be. Best example: Arrow. S1 had Oliver and Laurel set up to be the show's leading couple. Then Olicity fans demanded Oliver and Felicity to be together. So, at Laurel's expense, they thrust Felicity to the forefront and eventually put her together with Oliver. Poor Laurel.

19. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yep, as I said from the beginning on it is Luke's ROTJ lightsaber that Kylo is holding in his hand.;)

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I have a beef with Supernatural's unhealthy love affair to the Crowley character.

What are the chances of something like that happening to SW? I mean if a character proves extremely popular, they will probably rethink killing him or her in the next part.

21. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    And that's why sometimes ships are best left to the fan fic writers. Can we just make a seperate "ST Trilogy and OTPs" thread?

As somebody above said, I can totally see something like that happen. Lets say Phasma comes incredibly popular, and she is killed off in episode 7 (or at least we don't know if she died). You can bet they'll find some way to bring her back, either in an EU novel/comic/cartoon show. Money talks and if Phasma (or Kylo in this case) gets popular, I bet they'll exponentially increase her role in episode 8. I just hope it doesn't come at the cost of us getting tired of the character

Allana_Rey and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. Darth Sater

Oct 27, 2015
    This is what happens. At some point early in the film, we learn that Luke has faced off with Kylo before the events of TFA. Luke was bested and lost his saber. Kylo has his ROTJ saber before TFA begins. Kylo now wants his Bespin saber as TFA begins.

We also learn that Luke is "very powerful" and has achieved a power via the force that nobody has yet. He is the ultimate force user as TFA begins. He can't use these powers for a reason that will be explained and is self-evident in the first 25% of the movie.

Just my opinion really. ;)

Force22 and nightangel like this.
  23. Darth Sater

Oct 27, 2015
    Actually in the "flashback" that's when Kylo gets the saber. Luke isn't away somewhere. He gets bested and Kylo takes it then.

24. TimeZone

TimeZone Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2015
    I'm pretty sure Kylo is definitely not going to "best" Luke...

25. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Maybe Luke tries to reach the good side in Kylo, but this time it does not work out? Or Luke surrenders to save someone else?[face_dunno]

Force22 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.