main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Skywalker_1

Luke_Skywalker_1 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 2, 2015

Isn't that a bit of a contradiction though? How can he be the ultimate force user we have ever seen, but also have lost to Kylo and captured? Also, if he is indeed captured (like that Reddit thread from earlier today claimed), how does he get from Starkiller to Skellig (where we have official confirmation that he filmed scenes)? And if you don't mind me asking, when did you come across this information?

Draninus likes this.
  2. Darth Sater

Darth Sater Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 27, 2015
    It's just my opinion really. I think I made that clear in my post. I'm not claiming to know this as fact. However, based on what I do know and what has been seen by all of us etc. this is my speculation.

Luke has learned a force power that nobody else has used before. He is all powerful. He lost a lightsaber duel to Kylo. Even the best can lose sometimes. The reason he lost was because he was doing too much. Trying to save someone and sacrificed himself so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Most powerful force user doesn't necessarily mean that he is unbeatable (this would also make the story boring). But I have doubts about this reddit stuff, so...

4. Luke_Skywalker_1

Sep 2, 2015

Ok that would make sense. But just to clarify, is this all purely opinion? I am just wondering because one of your other posts suggested that you had some inside info and did in fact know, rather than just think, what is going on. So the latter part of the above (the Kylo duel) is opinion based on whatever inside info you have?

Jedi_Master_Laker likes this.
  5. Darth Sater

Oct 27, 2015
    I'm a noob to this forum. What I posted about Kylo and Luke fighting is opinion. Purely. I haven't seen all the leaks and discussions that you all have. So, maybe you guys and others sources do know more than I think. I do not "know" the plot of TFA. But all I can say from my "experience" is that many things being discussed recently here are not accurate.

For example, are people still talking about a hand holding a lightsaber tumbling through space?

6. Luke_Skywalker_1

Sep 2, 2015

Gotcha. That makes sense. I was wondering because of this post in the other thread: (I have some reasons to be confident. Im hesitant to talk about those 1. because I don't want to get into trouble and 2. Some people here would mock me etc and I don't need that stuff.

Also,I don't mean to sound dismissive of others opinions. If I've come across that way; I do apologize. But I do have some (very small amount) of first hand knowledge about some things. And from what I do know, most of us here don't really know at all the major plot points in this film. I'm happy about that because JJ has done a good job keeping things under wraps.)

simply because it's useful to differentiate between opinion (what the vast majority of us bring) or something carrying a little more teeth, like first hand knowledge from someone who has worked on the film.

As for the lightsaber tumbling, I haven't seen much talk of that recently (I think it is not widely believed now) but it seems that no rumor can die haha. For example, if you check out some of the other threads you might find out that Snoke is in fact Plaguies (or a gif of a cartoon snake) or that loser Luke is dead and/or a cyborg. I think people are just getting antsy as the movie approaches so a lot of old ideas are popping back up.

Jedi_Master_Laker likes this.
  7. Darth Sater

Oct 27, 2015
    I sent you a message. Check it out. I do have some first hand knowledge. Not from someone else working on the film. Something else. But it doesn't have anything to do with Kylo and Luke fighting. And I won't/can't post anything about what knowledge I did get.

Anything I post here is opinion because that's all I can post.

Luke_Skywalker_1 likes this.
  8. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Hmmm......weird

9. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    I want Kylo to be a distraction for a much bigger threat.

Bigger Fish likes this.
  10. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Yes, his name is Supreme Leader Snoke.

11. Hoth Chocolate

Hoth Chocolate Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 21, 2015
    From the 'new' spot, a slightly longer version of the Kylo head turn, courtesy of Broseph44 over on SHH

[​IMG]

Import_Jedi likes this.
  12. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    So is Kylo the only knight alive or are the others still around at the time of this film?

13. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I believe there are other knights of Ren still around.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

14. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    I hope so as there's tons of potential for featuring one or more of them as powerful antagonists on the same level of Kylo in the next two movies. It's still unclear if any other KoR characters will appear in TFA beyond flashbacks...

I'm hoping Benicio plays one in viii.

carlcockatoo and Deliveranze like this.
  15. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Well Kylo keeps looking awesome, best thing in these trailers, spots.

I don't get what Snoke is saying about this ultimate test. He must talking about Luke, or Rey is some uber force user or something.

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Or he's talking about firing Starkiller Base.

17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I wonder if Kylo Ren will become what we WANTED Darth Maul to...? I still shake my head at the fact they killed him off in the first installment of the PT. I guess they wouldn't have known how popular his character would become...

I think their designs are both awesome with a slight edge to Maul.

Loving the sound Rens lightsaber makes! I am really interested to see how his arc plays out.

18. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    What if Snoke talks to an imprisoned Luke? 'You never faced auch a test'. He says this after Kylo reported to him that they have his daughter now as well. They want Luke to fire the weapon, since it is force based. [face_dancing]

Avnar likes this.
  19. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    The Bubonic plague bird beak mask goes with the general Medievalness of his look with the cross blade sword and robes.

Vader's mask was a gas mask and Kylo's is a plague doctor mask.

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  20. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002

Agree with you about Darth Maul - waste of a promising character (and Peter Serafinowicz's voice was sublime). I hope that he isn't going to be a one-film villain ...

Having said all of that, I really want Kylo to be what I had hoped Luke would've been in ROTJ ... taking advantage of the dark side and all. Were he and Rey were twins (and I still think that this might be the case, since in the only picture that was released of the character unmasked, they certainly made a deliberate effort imho, to make Adam Driver look much younger than his chronological age), it would be an alternative universe arc where Luke turns to the dark side and Leia ends up having to train to .. eh.. save him .. ah.. well.

21. NileQT87

Nov 21, 2002
    Pretty sure Kylo is Rey's older brother. If Rey was 5 when she got stranded on Jakku, then Kylo might have been about 13 (actors' real ages if they're used) when he was lost if it was at the same time.

22. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Nope Rey and Kylo are cousins. :)

Allana_Rey likes this.
  23. NileQT87

Nov 21, 2002
    Wishful thinking on your part. Highly unlikely.

Siblings. Luke is off being monk-like. Leia chose love and is equally the offspring of Vader. "No, there is another." ;)

IrisBest likes this.
  24. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    We will find out in 16 days ... btw ... how to avoid the French leakers?

25. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    We all know they arnt going to take something so obvious from the Legends as the Solo siblings. Luke has to have had a kid (Rey). He went sick with grief when Kylo killed his wife and also (as he thinks) his daughter. He goes into hiding to suppress his rage and keep himself from going darkside. When Rey shows up alive he loses his anger and is able to return to the Galaxy.

Sent from my fight hugger using Tapatalk

nightangel and Avnar like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.