main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    no. just no.

Millennium Fairlane likes this.
  2. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004

Doesn't have to be that specific...just hint at it.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  3. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I never thought about him being Palpatine's son. That might be cool, a chosen one for the Sith.

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If he is Luke or Leia's son, it would raise the question: "Who needs Vader's mask when you have Vader's blood?"

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    To honour his heritage, to honour the man that was his grandfather.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  6. Darth_Xeres

Darth_Xeres Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 3, 2010
    Say, assuming that the seven forms of lightsaber combat still exist as they were in the EU, what form do you guys believe Kylo Ren will use? My own answer would be Shii-Cho as the most likely, followed by Djem So. I rank Shii-Cho first for three reasons: first, Kylo Ren's weapon looks more like a medieval sword than any other lightsaber we've seen so far, and Shii-Cho was developed from such weapons. Second, the very "raw" shape of Ren's lightsaber and its blade makes me believe he hasn't had access to full lightsaber schematics and training holocrons/materials, which IMO would make him more likely to use the most basic form of lightsaber combat, Shii-Cho. And finally, Shii-Cho is said to be "wild and raw" in combat, which would make it a perfect match for the hissing, spitting, raw blade of Ren's lightsaber.

If Kylo Ren doesn't use Shii-Cho, then I would say Djem So is his most likely fighting style, if only because it relies on brute strength and pure power, two qualities I believe he'll have plenty of.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Preach on brother Jonipoon

Here is what I have added to the subject:

Darth_Voider likes this.
  8. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Even Drivers' outfit on that cover is similar to Hans in ANH. With that, can anyone deny he is his son?

cwustudent and Wildcatbarry like this.
  9. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    I would agree Master Voider it is done with intent to insinuate.

10. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    In order for that to be the case, GQ would have had to had the scoop on his character's parentage and purposely had him dress like that for the photo shoot. I seriously doubt GQ knows that Driver is playing the son of Han and Leia.

To me, it's clearly a coincidence.

11. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    I would say it could be insinuated without having solid proof or knowledge.

Luukeskywalker likes this.
  12. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    I feel very confident that Kylo Ren is Han and Leia's son. But, it might not be revealed to the audience for some time in the movie.

PS: I remember hearing about this before, but I forget:
    What does the word "kylo" mean? Is his first name "Ren" and "Kylo" is a title? Or is Kylo part of his name? How does this work? lol

13. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    That would be an awesome line for Kylo or Uber to have in one of the movies.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  14. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    This is an interesting quote from Lawrence Kasdan, in light of the rumors regarding Kylo's relationship with Han:
    I could see this playing into TFA. We could see a scenario where Han may be insufficiently suited to passing on wisdom and demonstrating fatherly love, while Kylo may be fundamentally unreceptive to any attempts to correct him or guide him from the path of anger and lust for power.

Revanfan1, cwustudent and starocean90 like this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    and Han passes on the knowledge to his "son" Finn.:D

16. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    "You Finn some, you lose son." - Han, probably.

17. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I can see Kylo's office right now.

Pictured behind him is Vader and then another painting of Palps.

And then a large slogan in front of his door: 'GO SITH OR GO HOME'.

[face_laugh]

18. Darth Yeezus

Darth Yeezus Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 21, 2015
  19. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Kylo is the new "Darth" going forward. Uber will turn out to have taken the post-Banite Sith name "Kylo Victus" (in the tradition of "Vader" and "Sidious" being "familiar words normally starting with 'in'").

darklordoftech likes this.
  20. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    It would be easy for him to idolize his grandfather. Vader was at one people the 2nd most powerful person in the galaxy.

21. tokilamockingbrd

May 12, 2015
    I think it is more simple than that. K is the letter in the alphabet before L.

Kylo Ren Solo
    Kira Rey Solo

Rey just uses her middle name while living a solitary life.
    Kylo hates his Solo heritage and longs to be the next great Skywalker (thus the who Anakin worship).

22. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    or we might find out he is Han and Lei's kid if he is, at the end of episode 8 as a cliff hanger to Mirror Empire Strikes Back....

23. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    No. That idea, "Kylo Ren Solo and Kira Rey Solo" has been bouncing around since the Topps cards revealed names, and it's pretty ridiculous.

For one thing, most SW characters don't have middle names that we know of, but if this was true we'd get a pair of siblings with them... For another, it seems likely that Kylo Ren is an assumed name--whether chosen by the guy himself or given to him after being brought into a new life by the enemy. Unless the First Order calls him "Vader", his name should be out there, and if it was his birth name and he's a Solo then Han and Leia wouldn't be surprised to find out their little boy is one of the most dangerous people in a position of authority in the First Order, but most rumors suggest Han has to deal with a revelation about Kylo.

starocean90 likes this.
  24. tokilamockingbrd

May 12, 2015
    I think you are over thinking it. I am not saying this proves anything.

But you kinda confirmed what I was saying. Why would Han have to deal with a revelation about Kylo? Unless he was his son. What other revelation would a powerful force user have for a guy like Han. Many signs are pointing to Rey being Solo. So if the evidence is point to them being brother and sister.... why wouldn't the their names be something to consider.

25. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

They don't look a thing alike. I don't know how some of you are seeing this...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.