1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Official Info Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi & IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by RX_Sith, Dec 18, 2015.

1. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    So what will Kylo Ren do in the next movie or two?

Let the speculation and discussion begin.
    mihaitzateo likes this.
  2. Chewies_bandolier Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Can Ben Solo have his own thread too ?
    As If, DL44Jo and morrison85 like this.
  3. dlbates Jedi Knight

star 4
    I think he will end up killing Snoke in 8 after he completes his training.
  4. Kantz Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've said this before but since this is on the front page I can't resist. We WILL see the ghost of Anakin interact with Kylo in either VIII or IX. After all, Kylo=Hamlet. Hence:
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Kantz, Dec 18, 2015
  5. dlbates Jedi Knight

star 4
    With him or Rey. OBI WAN couldn't interfere with Vader so maybe it has something to do with the darkside so I'm leaning towards him helping to train Rey.
    7starlight likes this.
  6. Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan

star 1

I can picture how Rey tells luke that she looked inside Kylo´s mind and saw someone named Vader and ask him who he was and a Voice says "I think i can answer that for you" when she turns around.
    oncafar, darth_frared and dlbates like this.
  7. dlbates Jedi Knight

star 4
    Snoke may be using visions of him to control Kylo also.
  8. Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan

star 1

Sounds plausible. Darksiders dont seem to get many visitors from the ghost world. So Rey gets the real ghost of Anakin and Kylo gets an altered vision of Vader. A real light and dark contrast that i would like.
  9. passon16 Jedi Master

Alas poor Vader... I did not know him...
  10. Kantz Jedi Knight

star 2
    exactly, hates his uncle? causes the death of various family members and loved ones? Existential crises? check, check, and check.
    Last edited by Kantz, Dec 18, 2015
  11. Allana_Rey Jedi Master

star 4
    Can we PLEASE see a scene between him and Leia?!

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
  12. Kyle Katarn Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What stands out in my mind were the few lines between Kylo and Snoke about him being "seduced by the light" and his final encounter with Han. My guess is that his light/dark struggle will be even more pronounced in the next two films. Of course, he may also be nursing a grudge against Rey due to his injuries. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
  13. kip73 Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Good post, and I think this is likely.

Ben obviously noticed something about Rey, during the interrogation scene. I think it showed that he's a bit of a novice with the dark side, and more attuned to the light naturally. We never hear much from Snoke about how the two of them ended up leading the First Order, nor what differentiates them from the Sith. I definitely agree that Ben's struggles are going to cause friction between Snoke and himself.
  14. Chained Prometheus Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait to see what they do with Ben from here on out. Also, the Hamlet comparison is pretty interesting!
    Dak Oolron, Rimfaxe96 and kip73 like this.
  15. kip73 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I agree Chained. I loved Rey, but I found Ben to be the most interesting character. My wife, parents, and I talked about him alone for about an hour after we got home from seeing it lol
    oncafar, Darth Nikean, DL44Jo and 6 others like this.
  16. Chained Prometheus Jedi Master

star 4

They're tied for me. I fell in love with the both of 'em. That being said, Ben is definitely the more developed and intriguing character.
    Darth Nikean and MattOrgana like this.
  17. Kyle Katarn Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can also imagine Kylo (I can't call him Ben at this point) will likely have more severe temper tantrums in the films to come. Granted, Vader would occasionally let his temper get the better of him, but Kylo strikes me as having more of a raw anger which will likely make him more reckless and less calculating than Vader or Sidious. Since he isn't a Sith, his motivations may be entirely different and the wild sort of lashing out that we saw him do in TFA may be the norm for the Knights of Ren (who I would *really* like to know more about) or it could just be brash and impulsive youthfulness.

Also, I can easily see him sporting some armor the next time around. Knowing that he will be up against some formidable opponents, it would behoove him to avoid getting seriously injured and nearly killed as he was on Starkiller Base. Perhaps his Vader fanboyishness will show up here too.
    DarthC3PO and Big Boss like this.
  18. Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan

star 1
    Would like some interraction between Kylo and Luke and some backstory what happened back at the academy and how far he got in his training before leaving.
    Kylo was after Luke to apparently kill him throughout the movie but to be fair Kylo would be sushi going up against the last "Offical Jedi" if he couldnt beat Rey.
  19. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 6
    New helmet! Cuz his helmet done got exploded and/or fell off the ledge when he committed patricide / was shot in the gut by Chewie. Also Rey left him scarred and deformed. So there's that.
    Last edited by BigAl6ft6, Dec 19, 2015
    Tan-Wessel likes this.
  20. Darth_Pevra Force Ghost

star 6
    Don't forget that the helmet is sort of a darkside artifact. A vision scene with Vader is just as possible as a ghost scene. I don't think we'll ever see Hayden in the sequels, no way. It's gotta be Vader in full attire.

From Star Wars: legacy

Something similar could be epic.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Last edited by Darth_Pevra, Dec 19, 2015
  21. shafty Jedi Knight

star 1
  22. DANNASUK Force Ghost

star 6
    Snoke believes Ben is the embodiment of the Force - both light and dark.

I don't think he'll be redeemed or die in the ST.
    oncafar and DarthC3PO like this.
  23. ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wonder if we will see a flashback scene of Kylo Ren as Ben Solo, X-Wing Pilot. There were photos taken early on from the set that seemed to show Adam Driver in an X-Wing pilot outfit.
  24. MattOrgana Jedi Master

star 4

I agree. It would be a waste not develop the relationship between Leia and Ben.

I'm curious to know if she still believe there's light in him. I can see Leia saying her son is now dead and Rey wanting to revenge Han's death, with Luke trying to convince them that Ben can still be redeemed.
    Canyon D, 7starlight and Darth_Pevra like this.
  25. Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Ren realizing the truth about Anakin Skywalker's redemption is going to be the inverse of Luke learning Vader is his father.