main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
  2. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    This is good.

TK327, KSennia, oncafar and 8 others like this.
  3. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    it's funny thing that he says AD never took the offer, when it was reported that AD, DR, MH and Marilou Hamill had a dinner together in Ireland. ;)

Also, remember when John tweeted about Oscar and Adam playing ping pong? :)

Anyway, artists are on it already:

[​IMG]

[face_love]

11-4D, KSennia, Othini and 4 others like this.
  4. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Shipping. Shipping never changes.

5. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    They are adorable. [face_love]

6. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    The thing about capes is they are easily removed. Maybe we will see Kylo dramatically shed his cape as he lights up his saber to fight Rey. Or maybe he begins his fight with it on, but after Rey knocks him to the ground or he takes some kind of blow it gets ripped off of him.

Either way, the cape looks great, and I like the more Vader presence it subtly gives him here.

I'm most intrigued by Kylo's shattered mask. Could we actually see Kylo or Snoke break the mask very early in TLJ, and then Kylo doesn't wear a mask for the rest of the movie? That would be interesting. And seem to signal his leaning back toward humanity.

7. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

I think the rumor only mentioned Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver. This is the only thing I can find.

http://starwarsnonsense.tumblr.com/post/148087665389/omg-when-did-adam-and-daisy-have-dinner-did-msw

8. hana_solo

Feb 4, 2016
    That's what Adam says:

Someone's got briefed on what he can reveal and what he can't. Apparently, can = 0%, can't = 100% [face_tee_hee]

soul8luos I'm pretty sure Mark and Mairlou were mentioned somewhere as well, not in the same report/tweet.

ManWithoutAStar likes this.
  9. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

And this is exactly why everyone loves Crazy Uncle Mark. If that didn't get Driver to crack a smile, nothing will.

Adam is definitely an intense method actor. I remember reading an interview of his where he was talking about losing the gazillion pounds for his role in Silence and that the people who suffered most during that crash diet were everyone else in his personal life as he was a real peach to be around while he was starving himself.

10. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I'm now thinking that the Dark Side has some supernatural coersive/controlling element that irl, everyday "evil" doesn't. If this is true and they make it clear in 8/9, that would be a great step towards making Kylo's redemption convincing and allowing the audience to forgive him!

:D

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  11. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

Hahaha. Can't unsee this. Next time I rewatch TFA I will only be able to think of the random hug attacks on Kylo between takes. :p

IncessantRamblings and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    "He just stands there and waits for me to be done." --John Boyega.

I'm guessing Adam would not like a whole lot of pranks either, which I'm quite confident Boyega would be quite good at.

IncessantRamblings likes this.
  13. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Adam Driver = my black kitty cat Misha CONFIRMED.

What Girl likes this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    In TFA Leia essentially says that she sent Ben to Luke to straighten Ben out. If that's true then that suggests that if Ben didn't need straightening out he might not have been sent to train with Luke.

In other words before Ben became a problem maybe Leia and Han didn't plan to have their son receive any Jedi training. I wonder if this was a sticking point between Ben and Leia. Maybe Ben wanted to be trained to be a Jedi but his parents didn't want him to for some reason. Then after a while Ben wore them down and they sent him to Luke.

15. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I tend to think though that he didn't want to be sent away and resented his parents for doing so. But I can see it going either way.

oncafar likes this.
  16. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm actually leaning that way too. I'm guessing when Ben was sent away he felt unwanted by his parents and that they viewed him as a problem that they were dumping on Uncle Luke.

That said if your mom was Force sensitive and your uncle was a Jedi wouldn't you be annoyed that you weren't being trained in the ways of the Force? Then again maybe he was. I'm just speculating here.

Knessa84 likes this.
  17. BlurryUFOs

BlurryUFOs Jedi Master star 3

Sep 24, 2016
    For some reason I feel like he too wasn't happy about being sent away. I can't imagine he wouldn't be welcome at Luke's school if he wanted to be there. I find it interesting that leia sent her 23 year old son away, that being said I'm around that age and my parents could strong arm me into doing something if they really really wanted to

EDIT: he wasn't 23 when he was sent away he was 23 when he left so maybe he was a teenager, I'm not sure about the timeline

18. Classified8

Classified8 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2016
    I guess I was so busy looking at the new costume and the scar that I didn't even notice at first: He looks very haggard here.

Birkendoc likes this.
  19. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    But then he got training...

At this point, all we know for certain is that Han and Leia were frequently absent, but NOT "bad parents." No WAY was that the #1 factor in Kylo's fall. I'm sure we'll get a big Kylo reveal in TLJ. Because *as he is now* and based only upon *what we know as of now,* he isn't terribly sympathetic. I can definitely see why fans believe he will *become* sympathetic, but based upon TFA alone...?

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  20. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001

He was 23 when the Vader is Leia's father reveal occurs in Bloodline, so his fall is at or around that age.

What we don't know is when he was sent to Luke, whether he even wanted to go, whether he wanted to be a Jedi (Being sent to your uncle is a lot different than aspiring to be a Jedi. It was a very active endeavor per Leia. Ben, I'm not so sure about), or when Snoke started influencing him other than he was there "since the beginning."

If we base Jedi training on what we saw in the PT, it is grade school age for younglings. But Bloodline has Ben Solo thundering through their home with his friends, which implies school age. So somewhere between kindergarten and adolescence is when he was shipped off to Luke's School for Peculiar and Screwed Up Nephews. By the time he hits 23, the novel hints he has been with Luke for a while, enough that he trusts him to go on missions alone with him as a partner and apprentice.

Or the opposite is true. He wanted to be a normal person and not a Jedi, and that is where the resentment lies. It's like the kid whose parents are both doctors and the expectation is to become a brain surgeon when he wants to become a musician or something.

the way Leia phrased it: "...when I sent him..." implies, at least to me, it was a very unilateral decision.

Want to piss off an adolescent mightily, make that type of unilateral choice without their imput.

Signed,

Mom of a very independent 13 year old.

21. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    that's what i think. he felt abandoned because he was sent away. i suspect he was 16-19 at the time. i also think it's possible ben never wanted to be a jedi, however he had access to his force abilities and tended to use them naturally. because of that leia realized that he needed to "learn control." he has these powers and they are not going away, and she can't think of how to help other than through luke since he IS a jedi. but more than that, at the point she sent him away, she may have already been aware of snoke (in a more specific way) but maybe she didn't really tell ben just how aware of this she was. it wasn't simply that ben was becoming a behavioral problem, but that there's an evil thing interfering with him.

Knessa84 likes this.
  22. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001

And if this was a unilateral decision by Leia, I could see an adolescent Ben being resentful of Han for not stopping the process. "You're the normal parent, do something. I don't want to go."

But I think it was younger than that. Not sure why, but I'm thinking before middle school age. Longer period to stew on it, longer time for Snoke to groom his future apprentice.

23. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Luke must have reaalllly screwed something up, then. Reminds me of Obi-Wan/Anakin, except we got a whole trilogy of movies explaining that + whatever Snoke's influance, I doubt they were chummy-chummy like Ani and Palps. And I doubt Luke was a young Obi-Wan-like teacher.

24. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i don't think it's going to be easy to put blame on someone for all of this. i expect that TLJ will show (or tell) us a lot about what happened, and it's not going to be a simple picture. it will hopefully give a lot to analyze morally. but the point is also that i think that though leia and luke both felt responsible, when you look at what they did, when and why, it will be completely understandable. the road to hell is paved with good intentions and in this case they didn't know how it was leading all to hell because they didn't know the extent of the problem in time (when you don't have all the information you need to make the best decisions, you can't make the best decisions except by luck). i think snoke successfully managed to stay under the radar long enough that by the time leia had it largely figured out it was already too late. and we'll see where ben's fall fits in between "he had too much vader in him" and "no, it was snoke."

Birkendoc likes this.
  25. Classified8

Classified8 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2016
    I assume something terrible happened, bad enough to send Kylo to Snoke and Luke into self-imposed exile, but I don't necessarily see it as anybody's fault. Bad things happen even when people have the best of intentions.

oncafar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.