main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Nope, he has a scar now, and Rey knows the helmet is just to hide from the world. He needs to break out and do his own thing...I'm thinking pirate.

[​IMG]

2. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Honestly, I think someone digitally added the helmet after the fact as is they wanted to keep him more of a mystery. His character is going to transform in this film. But to keep the mystery alive, they added the helmet to make him more like TFA Kylo.

Darth Gummybear likes this.
  3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    There's definitely something off about it. I think it's that the helmet is far too high on his head, as if it doesn't fit properly. It needs to drop down much closer to his shoulders. Five inches or so.

TK327 likes this.
  4. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    I think Adam just has a pin head,long neck, orange on a lollipop stick......

5. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
    Saw this & it cracked me up... "The Resistance trolls Kylo."
    [​IMG]

Revanfan1, 11-4D, nightangel and 7 others like this.
  6. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    SIJAIJSIAJSIJASIJAIJSIAJSIJAISJAS
    [​IMG]

7. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Hahaha...... so Porgs are part of the Resistance, too? I can just see a whole flock of Porgs pooping on top of Kylo's head! [face_rofl]

8. IncessantRamblings

Nov 20, 2016
  9. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    It looks like Hux tried on Kylo's helmet.

10. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Kylo Pilkington?

TK327 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  11. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Who would have thought, I was expecting/demanding something like this for Kylo in TLJ, and it has turned out his TFA costume looks way better IMO. It is the mixture of materials what make the costume feel weird. The texture of the chest part, together with the normal looking pants, and the dragon skin cape, which all seem to have a different tone of black, make the costume look worse than before.

I would have kept the tight sleeves and the belt, but would have gone for a more Darth Maul style for the tunic, with it falling until the knees, and sticked to the TFA cape, but with it being longer. I like the effect of the hood and the cape being combination of scarf and cape.

Knessa84 and BlurryUFOs like this.
  12. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    "So we've built a cannon in the side of a planet, I get that. But why? What good is it really doing anyone? It's a bit of a death trap really. It's like someone said, we've built a laser in a space station--that didn't work, so let's just make it bigger. That's a fine idea, isn't it, until some Rebels or what have you blow it up again, like the time before, and the time before that. It's not like we don't know how this story ends. Sometimes I wonder if Snoke's a bit gone in the head."

GregMcP, Bilbo Fett and TK327 like this.
  13. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016
    Yeah the TFA full costume with the scarf/hood is a thing of beauty. But the TLJ one could look far better on screen if the different types of black blend together a bit more.

Also I like the way it looks when the helmet is off. Completely different looking to when the helmet is on. And lets be honest, he'll ditch the helmet early on so it wont matter all that much. Maybe the helmet is meant to stick out in a weird way. As in, they want to show the helmet doesnt fit him anymore because he's grown out of it.

14. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Perhaps the helmet represents his allegence with the KOR. His shedding and apparent destruction of helmet may represent his "departure" from that alliance in order to follow his own agenda as a sort of anti-type of Luke's shedding the Jedi philoshies.

15. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    *STOP THE PRESSES!!*

JoJo has CHANGED HER MIND.

Kylo ending = redeemed, submits to galactic justice, Rey, Luke, Finn, Poe, etc argue for permanent exile rather than imprisonment or death based upon Kylo's heroic actions helping the Resistance after his redemption. Luke personally vouches for his nephew's acceptance of this punishment.

In future years, Jedi take pilgramages to visit the exiled Jedi/former Dark Sider to learn of the evils of the Dark Side and the valuable lessons learned from redemption.

TA-DAH!

IS JOJO NOT MERCIFUL?! ;D (jk, jk!)

Strongbow likes this.
  16. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    What does everyone think of Kylo's new cape? Looks heavy!

17. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Yeah it looks odd. He had the hood before and when it was down it filled in that gap.
    [​IMG]

cwustudent and Gigoran Monk like this.
  18. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Seeing Snoke, for Kylo's arc it would be good if he took this guy out in viii. Be the one darksider left for ix.

19. IncessantRamblings

Nov 20, 2016
  20. Darth Gummybear

Darth Gummybear Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2016
    I agree the helmet does not fit well with Kylo's Ep. 8 cape. Vader's helmet worked with his cape because his helmet's side flaps(?) were long like a samurai helmet's neck guards/shikoro, while Kylo's are too short. Kylo's Ep. 7 cowl worked perfectly with his helmet though.

I think Kylo looks far better without the helmet in his Ep. 8 attire and since we also saw it smashed in the trailer, I believe he will not be using it very much, which I prefer.

cwustudent likes this.
  21. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Anyone planning to see Logan Lucky?

22. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    I thought they were done with Wolverine movies...

Edit: ;)

23. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Agreed. Though for design reasons, I think they should have either given him a new helmet with longer side flaps(?) for TLJ, or kept the bunched up hood and cloak. As it stands, he looks extraordinarily silly.

Darth Gummybear likes this.
  24. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
  25. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Hope his eyes go yellow in the end, against Luke or Rey.

BlurryUFOs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.