1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Official Info Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi & IX - Spoilers Allowed' started by RX_Sith, Dec 18, 2015.

1. mattman8907 Jedi Master

star 4
    talk about history repeating itself big time.
    Cantina Regular likes this.
  2. JoJoPenelli Force Ghost

star 5
    I think "LuKenobi" has more of a "ring" to it than "ReyNobi," come to think of it...
  3. RandomGreyJ Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh gosh what have I started...
    [IMG]
  4. Jedi Jessy Jedi Grand Master

star 4

I think Snoke chose to call Praetorian Guards after Kylo's fails in TFA. Maybe now they will follow him in any mission
  5. 11-4D Jedi Master

star 4
    Instead of surfing on lava droids they could surf on porgs.
    AshAngel and dekaneas like this.
  6. Doom_Buggy Jedi Padawan

star 1
    I think it's been released that the Praetorian Guards are Snoke's personal guards so I doubt he'll send them on missions with Kylo.

Btw, where the heck are the Knights of Ren? Did they become the Praetorians?
  7. DarkGingerJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  8. zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's a guarantee. After Rey and Kylo fight, and Luke and whatever those people he brought with him.
    Birkendoc likes this.
  9. Imperial Reject Jedi Master

star 4
    "He's...He's right behind me isn't he?

[IMG]
  10. oncafar Jedi Master

star 4
    @Imperial Reject kylo is blind to anakin. he doesn't know or understand him. but yes, he's right behind him, if only he would look.
    What Girl, Revanfan1 and sheri1967 like this.
  11. Master_Lok Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    =D=[face_laugh]

Well played. Thanks for the much needed laugh.
    ZY-Fighter and nightangel like this.
  12. Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight

star 4
    Awkward moment. Anakin Grandson what've you done. Kylo/Ben I did it for you. Anakin Idiot,
  13. sheri1967 Jedi Master

star 1
    Whilst Kylo is on the Island

If Rey and/or Luke attempt to convey to Kylo the truth that they now know about the Force (from the Journal of the Whills), do you think he would listen?
  14. Ben-Solo Jedi Padawan

star 1
    I'm not sure ... I think Kylo will be out for blood and filled with hatred at that point, I think the only time Kylo will listen is when his mother reaches him through the Force. Leia will be the first to put doubt in Ben not Rey or Luke. He will need a motherly nudge. He will more conflicted in this film then he was in TFA.
    nightangel and sheri1967 like this.
  15. sheri1967 Jedi Master

star 1
    I think they would have explored this more in ix. Sadly, won't happen.
    aprilstarwars73 and Ben-Solo like this.
  16. mima123 Jedi Padawan

star 2
    With JJ back, will we get the fluffy volumized dreamy hair of kylo in IX? Lol. I like his recent one tbh.
    AshAngel likes this.
  17. Chewies_bandolier Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    poll time!
  18. Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight

star 4
  19. aprilstarwars73 Jedi Youngling

Lol

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
  20. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
    Ghost Anakin ain't got no time for this!
  21. Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight

star 4
    Nice one,
  22. Darth Smurf Jedi Master

star 4
    Reminds me on this one
    [IMG]
  23. Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight

star 4
    In this case if Ani shows up he should use that line.
    Last edited by Grand Master Galen Marek, Sep 14, 2017
  24. Darth Nave Jedi Knight

star 4
    Here's a good post from /r/starwarsspeculation comparing Kylo Ren to Jaime Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarssp...p/kylo_ren_and_the_jaime_lannister_situation/

I've always thought this but have never been able to articulate it into a coherent post like this person has. My one question is how would they make Rey showing sympathy for Ben seem natural and not out of character considering he mind-raped her and killed her mentor and father figure.
    Darth Gummybear and oncafar like this.
  25. godisawesome Jedi Master

star 3
    It's been rumored the Knights have a separate scene in the film involving an attack on Luke and Rey, or that Abrams has his own take on the Knights that he wants to execute in IX. The Praetorians feel like they should be strictly locked down to scenes involving Snoke's physical presence. And I'm not going to lie, I would totally mark out if Kylo Ren's story arc carried him to what was arguably Anakin's original destiny as Palpatine's apprentice as a kind of final tempering of his inner turmoil and wrath into a true successor to Vader: Have him kill Snoke after experiencing a revelation about the "wise" Supreme Leader, and become the big bad for the last film.

And can I mention how my I like how they've cleaned up his wardrobe as a sign of his character development? His more clean cut and dignified wardrobe makes him feel more settled than he was in TFA; gone are the rags and tears, replaced by a symmetrical and lordly costume. He was still a temperamental brat throwing temper tantrums in TFA. Perhaps now that he's fulfilled Snoke's greatest challenge for loyalty, and been humbled by Rey and the Resistance, he can finally mature as a badguy.