main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I don't know, I think the dark knight look is great.
    [​IMG]

2. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    If Kylo reaching out to Rey is misleading editing, who is he actually reaching out to?

3. A Corpse of Disapproval

A Corpse of Disapproval Severed Head Admin star 3 Staff Member Manager

Sep 16, 2015
  4. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
  5. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I really think Kylo is reaching out to Rey. It would fit with how things ended in TFA,with him wanting to be her teacher.

It was one bit of clever editing that I don’t think was meant to mislead. Seems that Rey wants someone to give her the answers, I think Kylo will offer to show her those answers. I think he’d be perfectly sincere about it.

I just think that a big lesson Rey will have to learn is that she *can’t* simply be shown the answers. So if that’s what Kylo is offering, and she goes with him, it likely won’t end up being the best idea (in the short run, at least).

oncafar, Lomesa and Birkendoc like this.
  6. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i noticed in viewing the gif of kylo that there is a bit of fear in his expression and his hand is trembling. it's almost like he is offering an alliance to someone who slashed his face and shoulder open last time they met. i mean it would be traumatic no matter how lost on the dark side kylo is. he knows she almost killed him, he was afraid for his life, and he's had to heal from those injuries. there's probably a strong association in his mind with rey slashing him open and his near brush with death.

7. Jar Jar Skywalker

Jar Jar Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2017
    He was injured in that fight though, so he wouldn't be afraid this time around. To me he just appears to have a blank face.

8. Lomesa

Lomesa Jedi Knight star 2

May 13, 2016

After what happened the last time he offered her something, maybe he's afraid holding out his hand might end with him losing it...

oncafar likes this.
  9. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    I'm the one whom a few pages back asked about recreating Kylo's black bandage thing for a costume.

I bought some black electrical tape and took a lead pencil to it to color in little squares to make the pattern seen in the trailer. Visually, it looks awesome. But upon applying it (from just below my eye all the way down my neck), I found that it is both very uncomfortable to wear, and it scrunches up when my skin moves around. Also, I can't look all the way to my left. LOL

The tape idea looks great, but isn't really an all-day option unfortunately since the scar extends all the way down the neck and across different contours. And actually, inspecting Kylo in the trailer more closely...the "bandage" is actually drawn onto his skin, hence why it doesn't behave like an adhesive.

I don't know any way to accomplish that besides taking a sharpie to the face, but then I'm probably stuck like that for a few days. haha :(

10. Classified8

Classified8 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2016
    Perhaps color some Steri-Strips with a black Sharpie and then use a metallic silver Sharpie over the black? Unlike the electrical tape, Steris will move with you. Might want to use some Mastisol to help them stick.

11. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    Clearly watching the Trailer, when Rey says "I need someone to show me my place in all this".....she's in a cave, you can hear the sound of her voice is like it would sound when talking inside a cave.....the same cave we see her and Luke training in in that Trailer.

Whereas when Kylo reaches out a hand, it's outside, burning wreckage or fire-fighting behind in the distance.

There is no "distance" in a cave, and no echoing sound outside in an open field.

pupuce likes this.
  12. pupuce

pupuce Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 10, 2016
    agree and her hair cut is not the same . It's her hair cut from TFA . There are possibilties about Kylo reaching out his hand.

1/ he reaches out to luke, when he destroyed the jedi academy...
    2/ since the scenery is burning wreckage, he tried to reach out to phasma after her fight with Finn.
    3/ He reached out for Finn ( not really believing this one ) when the supremacy is collapsing after his fight with phasma.
    4 he reached out to Leia , in a context we still ignore.

EzraSnoke likes this.
  13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Maybe he witnessed her being wounded and is trying to console her once he realises she's dying?

14. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    Holding out your hand is a very awkward way to do that. Not to mention we know Leia was going to be in Episode IX, and nothing was changed about her role in TLJ, so I dont think she'll be dying.

15. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Maybe he is giving her a piece of chocolate, but you can’t see it because he’s hidden it with the Force?

16. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Or CGI fruit (mirroring Attack of The Clones), and the effects just haven't been completed yet?

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015

Maybe he is still part of the Jedi Curch:
    Witnesses of the Force and tries to sell her a Book of the Whills?

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm thinking some of these trailer scenes might be a cave Force vision into a near possible future, if Rey is diverted on a different path laid out for her. The offering hand...the torture of Rey...it seems like it might be what could happen if Rey does not train with Luke. Maybe this is what makes Rey urge Luke to train her?

By the way, that techno skin grafting bandage on Kylo is genius. I wonder who thought of that tech. It seems like it might be a Star Wars type nano technology that skin grafts any type of wound. Was this ever used in any Legends book or something? And what's it called? Bacta Tape?

EzraSnoke and oncafar like this.
  19. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it's Rey, and they're at the Galactic Ball and he's asking her to dance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cwustudent and Knessa84 like this.
  20. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    With all we are seeing of TLJ, I do believe Kylo is going to become a fan favourite character together with Rey.

21. Rhyoth

Rhyoth Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    5/ Rey !
    Even with a misleading edit, it's still the most likely & logical outcome ! Even if Rey's line is almost certainly not delivered to Kylo, it still does not rule out her being the one Kylo is trying to reach out (but in a different context).

Now the real question is : Will she accept it ? The trailer tries to convince us she is about to accept. But in a different context, and if Rey is in another state of mind at that time, she will probably refuse instead (that's my bet).

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  22. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    It's two different scenes stitched together at the end of the trailer (IIRC there hasn't been a single shot of the movie or BTS photo of Rey and Kylo Ren on the same TLJ set released so far.)

Rey could potentially be at the campfire (she's wearing her early Resistance outfit and has no bruise on her forehead) by the Falcon with Chewbacca when she said that line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of Rey's lines in the Hasbro Rey Forcelink is "You're going to pay for what you did!"

If it's from TLJ (it's not in the TFA novelizations either), I can think a potential target in Kylo Ren for her ire.

23. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I would say that line is what ignites the first duel between the two on Ahch-To.

24. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    We have all realized it's two different scenes stitched together. It's not some shocking revelation. And it's likely not that huge of a misdirect if the message that he's offering to help her at some point in the film.

Yes, she may even go into attack mode against him at some point as well. Haven't we figured they would duel at some point on Ahch-To before there is a detente?

But there are 150 minutes of this film for things to unfold. If Rey and Kylo are "two halves of the protagonist," then things are going to evolve from what we last saw in TFA.

That Force Link Rey also says, "I'm not leaving without!" No clue who she says it too but it could easily be Kylo as as it could be anyone in the film.

25. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    It is going to be a serious misdirection if the trailers showing Kylo's hand when Snoke says "Destiny" are all trying to confuse the fandom to hide a different outcome in the movie.

This was done with Finn and the lightsaber, so have to consider it as a possible scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.