main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Hmm, I have not heard that. I wonder why they would make such a small name change, yet one that would change the whole meaning of the name. It's kind of weird, like when they changed Koriban to Moribad just so it didn't sound too much like another planet.

2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Ren sounds much better imo, and it's less on the nose.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well actually it is from Mizzlewump but seems true enough for me.

4. Malaugurato

Malaugurato Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2015
    What if we find out that when the Knights of Ren attack Luke's academy Ben isn't yet a member, he is simply a young padawan in his teens. In a noble act he fights back, defending his young cousin/sister Rey, while all the others are murdered. He completely wipes out the Knights of Ren, however in his attempt to survive he taps into and falls to the dark side. At this time he takes up the uniform of a slain member and the moniker of Kylo Ren, master of the KoR. Perhaps in one last good hearted act before fully devoting himself to the dark side Ben takes Rey and hides her on Jakku and does something to suppress her memories, hoping to keep her safe and out of harms way.

I think this would give some weight to such a twisted character and even make us feel sympathy toward the character

5. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Probably because they don't want him to be a fully realized Sith Lord yet.

6. Rylo_Ken

Rylo_Ken Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    That isn't likely. Leia told Han Snoke corrputed Ben for a long time and turned him to the dark side. Plus it doesn't really fit for me. Makes little sense for him to wipe out KOR and then join Snoke anyway.

Plus he's clearly in the flashback shot of them. Very much 'part of the group' in that shot to.

However, I could buy that he saved Rey. We've already seen his 'calls to the light', it would make sense that he couldn't bring himself to kill her. That's why he feared he wouldn't have the strength to kill his father and why Snoke openly doubts him. That woud mean Luke would think she was killed with the rest of the Jedi and thought all hope was lost. Quite a reveal for Rey to, if she finds out Kylo spared her.

7. Malaugurato

Malaugurato Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2015
    Right on. And I'll agree the theory I spitballed together is flawed. But you did get to the core of what I was trying to say in that if Ben were the one who spared/saved Rey and hid her away while everyone else thought her to be dead; it would be interesting to see the how each character handled the conflict within as they head toward a likely rematch.

Big Boss likes this.
  8. Order 66

Order 66 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015
    What if Rey is just a small child in the new Jedi academy, and Ren doesn't have the nerve to kill her even after killing the others. Thus, he allows her to live and puts her on Jakku,

jimtalkbox and Darth_Pevra like this.
  9. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    As far as equipment, appearance, and power goes for VIII, where do we see Kylo stacking up? personally think that Kylo will opt for a little more protection after how badly he was injured, probably a few additional armor plates for his arms/shoulders. Will Kylo have the same mask or a modified version since the old one is presumably lost? I think it would be cool for Kylo to be able to use his telepathy in different ways, have him be able to freeze a ton of blaster fire and redirect it.

Big Boss likes this.
  10. comicstar100

comicstar100 Jedi Master

Oct 19, 2008
    I do wonder if Kylo ended up killing Luke's wife/girlfriend...just another cherry they could pick from the EU....

11. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I think they will play with the big reveal from ESB in VIII. Luke will train Rey without revealing that he is her father because he doesn't want the legacy of her lineage to corrupt her like it did Kylo. I think in her second duel with Kylo, the dark side will prevail, with Rey being both physically and psychologically affected by Kylo who reveals that Luke is her father and that he abandoned her to a miserable life on Jakku while Luke would actually have some justification for it. Kylo would then attempt to be sympathetic as he would plant the seeds for a turn to the dark side for Rey.

morrison85, Big Boss and nalkwan like this.
  12. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I like the Kylo Ren name. He doesn't need a Sith/Darth name.

Rimfaxe96 and morrison85 like this.
  13. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    I don't want Kylo to become a Sith. I'd rather see more of whatever faction he currently is and learn more from that. Gives more lore to work with.

oncafar and morrison85 like this.
  14. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    New interview by Driver in the LA Times just up - he goes a tiny bit more into Kylo's motivation and direction. What is interesting is that apparently Kylo views Vader's lapse to the light at the end of ROTJ as a small, flawed moment in an otherwise illustrious sithy career. Oh... and the from a certain point of view, the Rebels were equally guilty of committing mass murder since the Death Star housed all of these innocent Imperials.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/herocomplex/la-et-hc-star-wars-adam-driver-20151221-story.html

JediLight and Darth_Pevra like this.
  15. Cyan_Dawn

Cyan_Dawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 1999
    I doubt he will go back to having a mask, because the filmmakers will want to show off that massive scar he now has on his face. It seems fairly certain Kylo Ren will be more powerful and dark in Episode VII due to Snoke's training. Hopefully they make it subtle, by having him show off a few new tricks even beyond the new stuff he showed in TFA. If Rey and Kylo have a rematch, I don't see it going well for Rey.

morrison85 and Ruffmeian like this.
  16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  17. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I like his name, but I`m really not a fan of the Ben/Ren rhyme. If the were going to name him Ben, couldn`t they have named the KoR something different?

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I kind of like the "progression" of the Dark Siders. For example, we know from the PT/TCW that there were ancient Sith, but that they were presumed extinct for what, 1000 years or so. Now we don't know much about them, but what we are told seems to indicate that they operated quite a bit differently from how Sheev/Vader did. And now Snoke and Kylo are different still.

19. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I see your point, but I don't have a problem with it.

20. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Speaking of which, after two viewings I can't figure out whether Rey lopped Kylo's hand off or just destroyed his saber. She definitely got him in the leg and shoulder.

Big Boss likes this.
  21. powerpackers90

powerpackers90 Jedi Padawan

Apr 5, 2015
    I meant it as a psychological thing. Like Rey in their rematch telling him that again, but he wont listen. Cause to him Anakin is the weak/bad side, and Vader is the hero.

Big Boss likes this.
  22. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I hope this is how it goes as well. He needs to overpower her pretty convincingly.

Also, while cliche, I think his scar is just too good of a visual to pass up. Reminiscent of the tiny one Anakin had down his eye.

23. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Pretty sure he has all limbs accounted for.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  24. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    Now that his "training" will be completed.. think he will fix the crystals in his lightsaber? That electrical pulsation irked the you know what out of me...

25. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    You mean the lightsaber that Rey cut in half?

DarthC3PO likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.