main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    *Vader voice* What do you mean?

2. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    He was probably out of breath give him a break. :p

3. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    It definitely doesn’t roll off the tongue if you include another faction in there :p

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  4. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Exactly. Kylo used to do calligraphy. He has the soul of a poet. And odd-numbered lists just work better.

5. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

6. Obi-Wan Solo-Skywalker

Obi-Wan Solo-Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2016
    Yeah, he had just killed the monster and predator who had poisoned his life since he was a child. He was free for the first time.
    And was kind of very busy thinking about the throne as

[​IMG]
    "Let's sit together on it Rey!", "Please"
    :p

7. rorow1

rorow1 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2017
    oh, that's just what Vader would say when Kylo asked him for advice because his attempt to escape middle management by killing his boss led to his death. I should have used *Vader Voice* like you did.

oncafar likes this.
  8. NileQT87

NileQT87 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Actually, I take back my capitulation on that quote not specifically mentioning the First Order, despite Snoke being the leader of it.

The rest of the quote is, "We can rule together and bring a new order to the galaxy."

A "new order" is by definition not the Empire-inspired First Order's version of order. He's explicitly not siding with the First Order in that quote either. He's suggesting something altogether different than all established sides in the following statement.

9. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    Yeah! That’s what I was trying to say before when he doesn’t say FO specifically, but “let it all die.” You put it much more coherently and eloquently.

10. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    There was a VICE article written recently called "Kylo Ren Is The Greatest Star Wars Villain of All Time" (though he's my favorite ST character, I'd still say that "greatest villain" title belongs to Vader... for now). But the part of the article that really stuck out to me was a claim that Adam Driver's performance was worthy of a "Best Supporting Actor" Oscar nom ("if he weren't starring in a popcorn sci-fi movie").

Typically I don't take the awards too seriously, especially with Star Wars, but it got me thinking: do I agree? Can I think of 5 other supporting roles last year I preferred over Driver's? I don't think I can.

Darth Gummybear and Ruffmeian like this.
  11. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    To be honest, I can’t. When I think of an actor’s influence on a role, I always try to compare if someone else could play it to the same success. It would always be different, and something we’d never really know, but I still think about it. For me, I don’t think anyone could have created a better Joker than Heath Ledger, or a better Captain Jack Sparrow than Johnny Depp (after while it gets old,) and for the life of me, I don’t think anyone could ever play Tyrion Lannister the way Peter Dinklage does. And I think Adam Driver has this intensity that translates well onto screen, and particularly into these really emotional and volatile characters. They’re also more fun to watch because of their unpredictability and multifaceted personas. But because he has this weird pull, I always focus on him in the scenes. It makes it a pain in the ass when I miss what’s going on because my focus is usually solely on him. But I think that’s a real testament to how great an actor is in their role. He IS Kylo Ren.

Tzeen and Yora like this.
  12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    For all the ladies who like Kylo out there:

13. Zdarlight

Zdarlight Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2016
    Current sexuality:

[​IMG]

14. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    If we can't meet Hux's cat in the movies, there's no chance for calligraphy.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  15. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Kylo said "rebels" or "the Resistance"?

16. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    Rebels. I don't know why. Maybe he doesn't see much distinction between them.

17. Zdarlight

Zdarlight Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2016
    Has anyone actually started a petition for Millicent's appearance yet? Because I would sign the HECK out of that.

oncafar likes this.
  18. oncafar

Jan 10, 2017
    It would be great if Hux made himself his own little throne on the deck of the Finalizer and then had a perch for Millicent right next to it. When Hux is displeased, Millicent can hiss and growl. Although actually I don't want to upset the cat playing Millicent too much... Probably Millicent would have to be socially gregarious and adventurous because a cat like that will be less stressed out during filming.

19. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    It was 'Rebels'.

I don't think there was a scene that Adam Driver was in that I couldn't watch over and over. He was hypnotising.

VanLiz, Ruffmeian and Darth Gummybear like this.
  20. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    But there's no rebels for 30 years, they are from Resistance [face_plain]

21. Lady Rey

Lady Rey Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2018
    Finn also called himself "Rebel" scum when he faced Phasma, so the Rebel name was already being used before Luke said it was reborn.

oncafar and JoJoPenelli like this.
  22. Darth Gummybear

Darth Gummybear Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2016
    I think it is because what is now left of the Resistance are now Rebels. The First Order decimated the New Republic and are slowly taking over the galaxy. Luke also calls it a Rebellion saying it is reborn.

oncafar likes this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Nobody ever does...

24. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Expect the Spanish Inquisition?

25. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    Part of the outcome of this movie is that the Resistance has now morphed into a second Rebellion. We just re-witnessed the end of the Republic (and the Resistance). Rebels and rebellion are mentioned throughout TLJ, plus one of the songs on the soundtrack is titled "The Rebellion is Reborn." They did in two movies what the PT did in three: destroy the Republic and set the stage for the underdogs to come back strong, while also forging the new villain in a more interesting way.

ETA: I would fully support an Oscar for AD. I can't think of anyone else who could have pulled off this character. He made the character believable, and, as they say, did a Jedi Mind Trick on the audience. TLJ would be a much different movie without Adam.

VanLiz and Ruffmeian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.