main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    He isn't aspiring to be Darth Vader reborn, is he? By this I mean .. he turns Sithy/ renounces Knights of Ren (since he is a master after all) and makes "Darth Vader" sort of a hereditary term like "Queen of England' and then proceeds to inflict hell on the galaxy via his little First Order empire..

2. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    So does anyone think redemption for Kylo is still possible? Killing Han gave him serious villain points

Darth Jatar likes this.
  3. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Well .. his mother is still alive ... so unless he goes after her too. NAH! He killed Han.

Allana_Rey likes this.
  4. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Killing Han may have made Kylo look good in Snoke's eyes, but he ultimately failed to beat a rookie, Rey.

What now?

Can Snoke send Kylo to lure Rey to the dark side? I doubt that. He may find someone else to do that, perhaps one of the others Knights of Ren, one that might challenge Kylo, beat him and became a new lead villain. In that scenario we might get some answers about them and at the same time witness the power struggle that could leave Kylo at the brink of death... From there on is up to Rian. Luke could save Kylo and bring him to the light. Kylo could see what's he done and try to redeem himself in some manner.

Possibilities are endless, let's hope Rian will be more imaginative and ambitious than J. J. and Kasdan were.

KSennia likes this.
  5. CrazyBladeUK

CrazyBladeUK Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 13, 2015
    I'd love to see a scene with another hissy fit, focussing on Rey and the fact that she can seemingly immerse herself in the Force with little effort. "She's not even trained, how can this be?". Killing those in his way during his fits, losing himself to his anger. Perhaps, eventually, striking out at Hux or even Snoke. His desire to control the Force and his failure to do so adequately could be a major driver (no pun intended) in Episode VIII.

Oh, and no new lightsaber. Stick with what you have, but perhaps refine it. Empower it. Search for a new crystal or ways to make it stronger. Kylo needs to take the engineering from Anakin too, and harness that side of his legacy. After all, his rival has that too.

oncafar likes this.
  6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Why do I have a bad feeling Kylo will kill his mother in VIII...

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

7. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Or just do subtle edits to the mask to make sure Driver can see stuff. But ya know I really hope he makes an exception and actually watches TFA, cause he was all kinds of awesome.

8. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    He watched it with family (Leia/Carrie and Rey/Daisy) ... he is a fan, after all but I'm not going anywhere near his appraisal of it with a six-foot bargepole.

9. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Well he did say in an interview that he never watches his acting cause he is never satisfied and doesn't want to feel disappointed in his own performance.

10. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012

i'm thinking this isn't a redemption story.

Kylo isn't like Anakin who started off in the light, was tricked/seduced, and fell. Kylo, while he might have a good side in him, clearly feels like he has to escape the temptation of the light side. He has to escape his family. The dynamics are now different. Anakin could be redeemed because he finally realized that someone, Luke, his son, loved him. Luke was his only connection to the light and that love made him strong enough to cast off the shackles of the darkside, and the slavery that he was bound by all his life. Kylo starts off life surrounded by loving family. His connection to the light is already there. He's running from it and embracing the darkside willingly. He's not seduced. He's not tricked. He joins knowingly. It's his moral choice. It's not a tragedy.

I'm thinking we're getting a bloodlines feud. It's a battle for morality. It's the legacy of Anakin, playing out for supremacy. We have kylo fighting for the darkside. And Rey, fighting for the light. It's a battle to see which side of the Force is stronger and which will win out and produce a new Order.

Both Kylo and Rey are pretty untrained. Both fight and act out in instinctual ways. Kylo is desperate for Snoke to complete his training. Snoke seems to have waited to expel that darkside knowledge until Kylo proved his devotion to the darkside. From Snoke's pov, you have this kid, who comes from the Republic and essentially the lightside. He has to know fully that Kylo is committed to the cause. Notice how both Luke and Kylo were trained to confront the opposite side of the force and remain 'pure'. Luke, confronted his father, and was able to resist the dark. Kylo, confronted his father, and was able to resist the light.

I could see the next movie exploring both sides being formally trained and each vying to restore the lost order for each's side.

I think Kylo's end comes in trying to replace Snoke in someway. Desperately wanting more and more power, all while becoming more true to the darkside.

Big Boss likes this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Is it possible that in his delusion Kylo thinks himself superior to Vader at one point? After all he (cowardly and backhandedly) murdered a family member which Vader "failed" to do.

12. Crimson_Guard975

Crimson_Guard975 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 17, 2014
    I could picture a compromise: while he's on the Finalizer, he is unmasked but has his hood up most of the time (worked for Altair and Ezio in Assassin's Creed). Then when he's on the field, or when he senses that he's about to walk into a mano a mano confrontation, then he wears the battle mask.

Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  13. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Yep but it was stated last week or so that he saw the film with Daisy and Carrie. He also did a promotional video highlighting a trip he did in the Middle East with his acting charity where someone asked him for his opinion about the new film and he gave a very positive response.

I am happy that he's hard on himself as an actor (so won't be happy with half-hearted performances just for the sake of the $$$) and that he is also a fan ...

14. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I think Ben watched out for and was kind of taking care of Rey when she was small. That will be there connection. They are cousins or brother and sister and were close. When you hear the little girl crying as Rey walks into Maz's basement, I think that might be her being separated from Ben.

15. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    According to Pablo Hidalgo on Twitter, Kylo is 29/30 years old, meaning he was born not long after the Battle of Endor. He could even have been concived after the celebration. Han and Leia didn't waste time.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kylo_Ren#cite_note-TweetAge-0

I thought he'd be a bit younger, maybe 25.

Also, Poe and Hux are 32, Finn is 23 and Rey is 19.

16. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Snoke will train Ben on Morriband and at the end of the movie he will become a Sith Lord with the title Darth.

17. CrazyBladeUK

CrazyBladeUK Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 13, 2015

I think that's a real possibility. I've been trying to think of predictions for his Darth title and I'm failing so far. Perhaps he'll gain it, or rather claim it, after assassinating Snoke??

:kylosaber:

18. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Could be as simple as calling him Darth Ren.

19. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Darth Ruin after the guy who started the Sith Order originally.

20. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    That I like a lot.

21. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Not really my idea, I heard a rumor he was going to be called Darth Ruin over a year ago lol. It was probably false but it is a good idea. Who knows, he may establish his Knights of Ren as a dominant darkside order opposite to the Jedi Order. Then they may fight for another 1000 years or for at least possibly episodes 10,11 and 12.

22. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    No I heard it as well I just totally forgot about it. Maybe that is the plan but they decided to hold off on that title until another movie.

23. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    JJ did say we were only seeing the beginning of Kylo Ren's character. That's probably why he was conflicted with everything still.

24. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    "Darth Ruin." Ah yes, in the grand tradition of incredibly on the nose/not at all subtle villain names/titles.

25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I believe Ruin's name was changed to Ren.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.