main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Adapt Legends Stories

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lord Sith Harloxzz, Jul 9, 2017.

1. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Stymi fair enough

MartyAvidianus I believe the idea is that the cartoon would be marked "Legends" the way they still print and sell Legends books.

2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    However unlikely it is, I would simply love to see Dark Forces and Jedi Knight back into canon. All this years later, that series still feels 100% Star Wars to me.

3. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I think it would be very difficult to bring Kyle Katarn back at this point as the new canon already has characters that have done the things that he is best known for. Death Star plans have already officially been told in canon and if Ezra survives the last season of Rebels he very easily could turn into a Kyle Katarn type character.

4. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I don't see anything wrong with telling new stories. We've already read TTT, or the NJO. Let people make something new.

5. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    They should make up their mind.
    bringing legend material into their disney canon is justs trolling.

They should
    1) Publish brand new material in the Legend universe, brand it legend, I don't care, but brand new adventures.
    2) Abandon the Legend EU completely. Clean slate. Don't use old names. Old concepts such as a strange alien invasion a la Vong can come in, but don't use the name Vong. Hell, they can even use physical and mental abuse (breaking noses, tattooing, shaping).

6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016

I like your number 1 but am not a fan of your number 2. It would be very disrespectful to just change things and make stuff like the Vong "fit" in canon while clearly not being so.

JediBatman likes this.
  7. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    okay.

So maybe still alien invasion, but more originality.

Just do 5000 ABY Canon vs Legend.

8. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    That seems rather unnecessary and limiting. "Man, this TIE Defender ship is cool, let's put it in our cartoon/video game". "Nope, it's from Legends, can't use it." "I want this character to be an Ithorian." "Nope, that name comes from Legends. Now we'll have to rename it a Squiggley Squoo or something, and do the same thing for 100,000 aliens, planets, and ships". There's plenty of ways to reuse Legends stuff without being unoriginal.

For the example you gave, why would they go to the trouble of creating a race with so many similar traits as the Vong, and then call them something else? If they want to bring the Vong back, use them. If not, they can do an alien invasion story with their own unique twist. (After all between the Vong, the velociraptor aliens from Truce at Bakura, the Yevetha, and the Nagai/Tofs, Legends already did several unique versions of the "alien invasion" plot).

IDK, I think there's room for more than one cowboy Jedi archetype.

9. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Entechment! Entechment! Entechment! :p

10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    The Ssi-Ruuk might work.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have not played KotoRbut it feels like this one makes fun of how cyberpunk/science-fiction hackers often look

12. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    It's because the verpine headband and the gloves as well as the security belt allow a boost of almost 10 and Atton Rand is the best NPC with security skillz. Game is KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

13. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    It's not trolling, lol.

I have no problem with it.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    2 Alternate timelines are how I'm doing it.
    EU has Abeloth reaching the planet that the Father, Son and Daughter were on 100,000+ ABY
    NEU, Snoke kills Abeloth before then, the Father, Son and Daughter imprison him. The prison begins to fail after their deaths in TCW Mortis arc, Snoke gathers strength and then sends the Force signal to Palpatine during ROTJ.

New stories set during those eras.

Darth Caliban and DARTH_MU like this.
  15. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Star Wars novels-alternate universe sort of like Star Trek Myriad Universe novellas.

16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    You're @Darth_MU's sock, right?

17. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
  18. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    NO! Don't listen to him! I'm in the bas

19. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Yes. Both account is mine

20. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    No. Disney deleted the EU. Having it still exist would make a host of problems. It will end up like a Marvel - a giant mess of a multiverse. I was sad when the EU went, but that's the way it is and that's the way it should stay.

JediBatman and DARTH_MU like this.
  21. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    It's better than what they are doing now.

22. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    In general, you seem like a very pessimistic person.

Why not give the new stuff a try?

23. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    no. What I meant was they shouldn't have brought in element from the Legend to the new Disney version. They want a new thing? Fine. Have a new thing. Leave Thrawn and co in the old EU where their reputation won't be ruined.

When I said it's better than what they are doing now, it means bringing Legend EU into disney canon. Not it as in Disney canon bad! must destroy!

24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016

Because not of all us have made our peace with the buyout and not all of us are enthusiastic for the new material.

25. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    truer words have never been spoken

Force Smuggler likes this.