main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Add one and ONLY one new scene never seen before.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthTerminus, Jul 27, 2006.

?

Add one and ONLY one new scene never seen before.

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. ESB: Darth Vader in meditation chamber looking at hologram of Padme in his hand, door opens, Captai

41.8%
  2. ANH: Chewbacca briefly talking to Obi Wan in the Cantina...tail end of conversation overheard by Ha

25.3%
  3. ROTJ: Vader does not instantly pick up Palpatine, ignites light saber, Palpatine shuts off his suit

2.2%
  4. ESB: After...bring the princess and wookie to my ship.....says "Repair the droid and bring him

2.2%
  5. ANH: Owen visits the tombs buried near the Lars homestead as the suns are setting

11.0%
  6. ROTJ: Ending celebrations...Kashyyk wookie slaves rise up to begin attacking Imperial Forces....sta

17.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTerminus

DarthTerminus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2003
    We have heard about the scenes that may or may not be added. What if we could add ANY scene we want. I have selected a few rough ideas. What would you like to see added. Please choose from the list or provide one of your own.

Rules: Please keep is realistic and something that will actually help the storyline, or add to it. Nothing extreme or EU.

Thanks.

I tried to be unique so as not to have this locked.

2. MasterACyard

MasterACyard Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    Wait, where have we "heard about the scenes that may or may not be added"??

3. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    You should have put "other" as an option ;)

I'd have Palpatine disbanding the senate in ANH or a view of Bail Organa on Alderaan before it's hit by the Death Star.

If i'm forced to choosing one stated, i'll go the last.

4. DarthTerminus

Jul 19, 2003
    Good suggestion. I stayed away from those two scenes you just mentioned because they had been discussed before as possibilities of what people would like to see. I was going for scenes totally that are close to, or totally, original.

5. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I voted for the Threepio one, but it is recorded on sw.com that Owen took away the tombs after his father died as he didn't want Luke to grow up with tragedy.

6. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    Ah I see. In that case i'll vote for the last one. I believe had the DVD's been released after ROTS was, then Kashyyyk would have appeared in the celebration scene anyway.

7. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    None of the above...?

8. DarthTerminus

Jul 19, 2003
    Give me a good suggestion Bacon. I welcome original ideas. That's what makes it fun.

9. DarthTerminus

Jul 19, 2003
    YOU WROTE: I voted for the Threepio one, but it is recorded on sw.com that Owen took away the tombs after his father died as he didn't want Luke to grow up with tragedy.

I didn't know that. Thank you for the information. Very interesting.

10. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I like the Vader/Padmé one. It's a believable connection to the PT and it also supports the notion that deep down Anakin is still kicking around in that suit. :)

11. DarthTerminus

Jul 19, 2003
    That scene is my personal favorite. It adds that extra dimension to Vader. And since we already know about the fall of Anakin to Vader it would add even more drama to his tragic character. I really really wish Lucas could insert that. How sad it would be. Then we snap the audience right out of it with the choking of Admiral Ozzel.

Vader longing for Padme, jarred out of his memory by the entrance of Piett, Back to bad old Vader with the choking of Ozzel. I just Love it.

12. CaptainBinaca

CaptainBinaca Jedi Master star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    It would also be the easiest for Lucas to insert. All you need is the Vader Suit, a holographic image of Natalie and the old set from ESB.

13. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    I voted for the one with the wookies, since the battle of Kashyyk in ROTS is one of the biggest disappointments in the movie. I so wanted to see Wookies tear the arms of droids as reference to what Han tells C-3PO in ANH, but we never really saw much with the wookies in ROTS. Also that isn't to much of a change.

My number 2 would have been uncle Owen visiting the graves. It would be a nice little reference to AOTC.

The most unlikely and in my oppinion unrealistic scene would be the Vader - 3PO scene.
    Why would Vader in any way still have any feelings of nostaligia at all towards a protocol droid?

14. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    Okay Iv'e just kept to the selection on the poll. I went with Vader killing Palaptine that way. I like the scene as it turns out anyway but I would have little objection if that did transpire on screen.

I like the thought of the most popular choice with the Vader/ Padme hologram. I just think that while suited up Vader has to be that iconic bad guy still and it's best,especially in ESB to leave him that way as Anakin surfaces in ROTJ.

15. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000
    I picked the '..he is alive, my friend' with regards to Yoda. Would've resulted in a lot of questions and the hype would've been huge for ESB when it came out.

16. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    Wouldn't an implied friendship bestween Chewwie and Kenobi clash a little with the "that old man's crazy" line by chewwie on the Death Star?

17. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000
    not necessarily - chewie would know the jedi from before, but maybe see this one as a little rash.

but i can't make everything work - i just think that of the scenes mentioned above - linking the classic and prequels would've been a good move.

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I voted for the hologram of Padme. I agree with the notion, that it would show Anakin was still in there, but when Piett comes, he's pushed aside for Vader again.

19. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Even though it would disrupt the flow, I voted for Owen visiting Shmi's grave briefly in ANH. Perhaps he could do it in the morning at sunrise, right before he comes in and talks to Beru.

20. Knightstorme

Knightstorme Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2003
    I voted for the hologram of Padme. But on some of the other scenes like with 3PO, I would perfer to see Vader repairing him. I assume in the scene with the Emperor that Vader is igniting Luke's lightsabre. That would have made for a good show as the Jedi have returned...

21. DarthTerminus

Jul 19, 2003
    Yeah, I have to apologize for that one, I kinda just threw that one in there. I was trying to think of something different, but drew a very bad blank. Maybe I will come up with better, more realistic ideas on a future poll.

22. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I voted for the hologram of Padme because it hold true to character and what we know from the movies the best.

We don't know of any connection between Obi-Wan and Chewie, besides Yoda, and its likely they would not have known each other.
    As for Vader igniting his saber against Palpatine... you'd have to change that scene significantly since he loses that saber (with his mechanical hand) earlier in that battle. Overal, unnecessary and doesn't add anything or note.
    There are many protocol droids in the galaxy, it is highly doubtful he would have recognized 3PO.
    The grave markers still existing would make Luke wonder that much more about his past. Best to leave the gravestones out of it completely.
    A Wookiee uprising is a possibility, but the toppling of the statue on Coruscant creates the same effect.

That said, I'd rather leave them alone and not add any of those scenes, because the OT doesnt need any PT references.

23. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    I voted for the conversation between Obi-Wan and Chewbacca, and Chewie showing a bit of concern for Yoda. I think out of the choices, it would have the most effect on the story. Some of the other choices were good, but they seem to compromise Vader's character somewhat.

24. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    where is the option for "other"?

25. gbonkers

gbonkers Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2004
    Vader is looking at hologram of Padme.
    The door opens, and Piett walks in. He glances at Vader, and is his eyes widen in surprise.

PIETT
    Ah...er...Ahh..sorry Lord Vader.

VADER (shutting off the hologram)
    Good lord, Admiral. Hasn't anyone on this ship ever heard of knocking?

PIETT
    I'm sorry, Lord Vader, I didn't see you playing with your...ah...hologram.

VADER
    It's not a hologram. And I wasn't playing with it. I was merely examing...Ahh...that's not going to work either. What do you want?

PIETT
    Ah..my Lord. We have spotted the Milleniium Falcon. It has entered an asteroid field.

VADER
    Asteroids do not concern me.

PIETT
    Yes. Lord Vader. I will leave you now.

VADER
    Good. Ahh Piett...Ahh. One moment please. You won't tell anyone what I do inside here, will you?

PIETT
    You're secret is safe with me.

VADER
    Good. 'Cause I would hate to choke you. I'm already at my limit for the day. That Emperor keeps a tight leash on how many officers I can kill in a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.