main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Add one and ONLY one new scene never seen before.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthTerminus, Jul 27, 2006.

?

Add one and ONLY one new scene never seen before.

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. ESB: Darth Vader in meditation chamber looking at hologram of Padme in his hand, door opens, Captai

41.8%
  2. ANH: Chewbacca briefly talking to Obi Wan in the Cantina...tail end of conversation overheard by Ha

25.3%
  3. ROTJ: Vader does not instantly pick up Palpatine, ignites light saber, Palpatine shuts off his suit

2.2%
  4. ESB: After...bring the princess and wookie to my ship.....says "Repair the droid and bring him

2.2%
  5. ANH: Owen visits the tombs buried near the Lars homestead as the suns are setting

11.0%
  6. ROTJ: Ending celebrations...Kashyyk wookie slaves rise up to begin attacking Imperial Forces....sta

17.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    please tell me you see the joke and are continuing it DarthTerminus because that reads so seriously i can't tell.

2. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I couldn't vote for any of them, since there's too many obvious ones that aren't listed-- Palpatine dissolving the Senate, Bail Organa and the terrified citizens of Alderann's surface as the Death Star makes its test run, Vader returning the Coruscant and visiting the Emperor, or maybe (just maybe) getting a few deleted scenes that were actually shot back in the day.

3. DarthTerminus

DarthTerminus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2003
    I chose to stay away from the above-mentioned scenes because they had already been discussed as potential added sequences in future additions. I created this forum to discuss entirely new ideas that I had never heard mentioned before.

Let's stick with unique ideas only.

4. odc

odc Jedi Master star 1

Jul 27, 2005
    Sorry, but I don't like it at all. From my personal point of view, ESB is the movie where Vader is the most evil, the most twisted and the most Sith. Bringing up his almost-forgotten love for Padmé would destroy the darkness and the feel of that movie.

5. Sidious77

Sidious77 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2006
    I went with the Chewie Obi scene.

6. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    There are quite a few better options than what the poll gives, but I picked Vader looking at Padme because that is the best.

7. AvaVisarra

AvaVisarra Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2006
    ANH: Chewbacca briefly talking to Obi Wan in the Cantina...tail end of conversation overheard by Han...Obi Wan replies (and we hear) "He is still alive, but that is all I can say my friend"

I cast my vote for this one because I think it would really tie in the movies and the story more. I think Chewbacca's addition to ROTS was last minute, lets throw the wookie in there, and it really tweaked with the backstories and raised alot of questions. for example, if he was involved, why didn't Han know? Why doesn't he ever mention it? sure there are reasons we could all come up with, im just saying it raises far too many questions. if we add this scene in, it helps solve some of the puzzle. This scene would show that Chewie was without a doubt keeping his involvement in the war a secret even from his best friend.

lol thats been one of the things that erked me, thats been floating around in the back of my brain since i saw ROTS.

8. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    The Vader looking at the Padme holigram scene sounds cool.

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    There's one major problem with the Vader/Padme scene.....the audience isn't supposed to know that Vader is Luke's father until the end of their lightsaber duel and Luke's gotten his hand whacked off.

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The Obi and Chewie scene would be cool. Wookiees wasting Imperials on Kashyyyk as part of the ROTJ end montage would be interesting as well.

11. TheTatooineRexTrader

TheTatooineRexTrader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2006
    The Obi-wan and Chewie scene is a good idea, if hes talking about who I think he's talking about. The wookie uprise is what i voted for though, because it shows that everything isnt peceful after the Emperor dies.

12. DarthTerminus

Jul 19, 2003
    You are forgetting, now that ROTS has been made the audience already knows that Padme has a son named Luke Skywalker. Of course the audience already knows that Luke is Anakin's son. The audience also knows that Anakin is Vader. There are no surprizes anymore. The big plot twist that the audience will now see is that they know that Vader is Luke's father, but Luke doesn't know Vader is his father.

13. Malikail

Jun 17, 2004
    this reply proves to me something i've thought for a while, the only purpose of thse additions is to tie this to the PT.

that being the case this really should go in the saga forum i think.

i would choose something that adds to the OT, that's why i didn't pick or like any of the offered choices, all they do is tie this movie to the PT for no reason i understand.

14. DarthTerminus

Jul 19, 2003
    How can you not understand why we would want to establish more continuity between the original and prequel trilogies? Would it make more sense to you to add something that has absolutely nothing to do with anything in the movies?

Everything in the movies is interrelated. Here's an option that maybe you would appreciate... Let's add a giant, green foam armored robot dancing with the Max Rebo band in Return of the Jedi. You never see a Green foam armored robot in any of the other movies so this has nothing to do with anything and should satisfy your needs.

Malikail I have noticed that you like to retort negatively to the majority of the posts on these boards. Let people enjoy themselves.

15. ObiGeezKenobi

ObiGeezKenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2006
    I personally think that it ALL needs to go in. I think, after all Lucas has put us through, we deserve the big extended fanboy editions a la LOTR. But the dissolving of the senate and a reaction shot of Alderaan's doom are my all time faves to see. Oh..and the lost scene from after the barge rescue in Jedi.

16. Malikail

Jun 17, 2004
    i have to take something near offense at that last comment.

i do differ with a lot of posts like this one, that is true but it is because i come at it from a different angle, a discussion is the point and enjoyable.

if you like i can play lap dog too and just agree for the sake of agreement, it's sort of mindless and lame but that seems to be what you expect here.

my point was and you have proven it, that this topic is more saga related than OT related.

you do not want to add to the OT as an entity, you wish to add to the OT to tie it to the PT, this is a cross over area thus a saga topic.

finally, a minority or dissenting oppinion should not be silenced simply because a perceived majority does not want to hear it, that would be a total waste and i think without differing points of view this board would be gone.

can you imagine a topic of one person posting a thought and every post after basically saying "i agree" in a different way?

how much fun would that be?

you see my point was not that i did not see what you wanted to accomplish, my point was that it does not belong in this forum section but instead in the saga section because that is what you want to discuss.

yes i am against needlessly altering the OT to tie it to it's sequal trilogy.

one of the major reasons i'm against this is that none of the PT movies are anywhere close to the quality of the OT IMO, and it seems to me nothing but harmful to the OT to change it to match it up with it's sub-par sequals.

EDIT:

i did not critisize you for asking the question, or for the ideas beyond the fact that this is the OT forum and none of these ideas enrich watching the OT as a stand alone trilogy.

they only add to it if you watch it 1-6.

while you clearly accept this view and it might be a majority view on this board, it is not the universally accepted view.

there is a lot of dissent towards this view point, dissent i would think you would enjoy refuting instead of simply wanting to silence it or make it go away.

17. Darthdias

Darthdias Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Malikail has a point. We should come up with some scenes that are OT-contained too, and not just PT-related scenes.

In fact, I think I posted such a scene, one with Vader and Bast wich would have the purpose of mentioned the Emperor more in ANH in order to create suspense and anticipation for his later apperance. I don't think I ever got feedback on that on this thread. Please forgive me if I missed something, though.

18. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    In the CUT sandstorm scene the Han & Lando issue was given closure so I'd love to have that restored.

But if we can't get that maybe they could splice together a shot of Han giving Lando a subtle look that gets the point across that he's forgiven?
    Anything along those lines is also OT-contained.

19. Darthdias

Darthdias Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    I agree, Fingerz. Evertime I watch the rebel briefing scene and han acts all buddy-buddy with Lando, I always feel like somethings missing. Of course Han would forgive Lando, but it would be nice to se this.

20. Malikail

Jun 17, 2004
    a very good idea, several have been proposed, the originator of the thread didn't like any that i have seen.

There are a few others i would like to see as well, one that was filmed is Biggs "goodbye" speach to Luke on Tatooine, that one scene if it could be edited in without hurting the films pace would add alot to ANH.

Sadly i don't think it was filmed, so i think that possibility is lost forever.

i want to be clear i don't have a problem with the question or any of the possible answers except that this whole topic really belongs in the saga section because it is aimed largely at creating ties between trilogies.

that's all i was trying to say.

21. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Every one of the ideas is horrible.

If you honestly don't see how the whole saga is related, and you truly think it need "more continuity", then you need to stop watching cartoons and reading fluff stories that cater to the mindless.
    Go read a book. A real book.

22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    It wouldn't matter because if you watch the films in release order all we would see is Vader looking at a hologram of some bird. We wouldn't even know who the woman was if watching in release order, thus keeping the surprise. If watching in chronological order then we would already know that Vader is Luke's dad, thus the surprise is already gone.

I voted for this scene but it would jarr when watched in release order and only works to tie the OT to the PT and would only make sense when watched 1 to 6.

23. 71kowalski

71kowalski Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2006
    I voted for the Obi-Wan/Chewbacca scene because if you're watching the films 4-6, there will be a mystery aspect, yet if you watch it 1-6, you would get the nostalgic feelings of revenge of the sith

24. ObiGeezKenobi

ObiGeezKenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2006
    Like Riggs & Murtaugh (Lethal Weapon movies) in the toilet scene?

"Hey, man..uh..."
    "I know (nods) ...I know"
    "I mean it, man..."

I agree with you...I'm just having fun with it.:D

25. DARTHFINGERZ

DARTHFINGERZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
    I voted for the Padme hologram scene too but now I'm second guessing it.

If it were added in at all then RoTJ would be a better place for such a scene because atleast by the time of ep. 6 Vader is more conflicted then ever and might take a moment to view Padme.

This way the EsB Vader remains bad-a$$. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.