main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Add sound and cut movie!??

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by opmaster, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opmaster

opmaster Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2002
    Hi....

I have done special effects to my FanFilm, or it`s a FX Project for a fan film.
    Everythings is ready in terms of Special effects. BUT I need to add sounds and cut the movie so I can take away som frames from the movie.

So I want tips on what programs I should use ??

It must be EASY! Beacuse I only want to add sound, like when the lightsaber swings and hits, and some music.
    And I want to be able to remove frames from the movie, like cutting it...

I have Adobe Premiere... but I don`t understand it, I want something easy!
    I have tested Personal AVI Editor, it`s bad, makes the movie in such a little screen...

TIPS ??????????

2. Kingleonard

Kingleonard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    I would suggest you take the time and learn Premiere. It can do all the things you asked and more. It may look a little daunting at first, but once you get the basics the learning curve isn't quite as steep.
    That said, if you've managed to (I assume) use a different program for your special effects then you should have the aptitude to learn Premiere.

3. Darth_Apporth

Darth_Apporth Jedi Master star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    You have Premier and you find it too hard to use?

Wow! That was an expensive mistake!

;)

EDIT: iMovie is probably the easiest video editor ever.

4. opmaster

opmaster Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2002
    Ok!

Probably, I bought Premiere so I`ll just have to learn it my self...
    But Aren`t it any tutorials on how to add sound and edit a movie in Premiere ??

5. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    If that is all you want to do the manual will be fine, it will tell you all you need to know.

Adobe manuals are very easy to use when you know what you want to achieve (I find), like in this instance.

Pete

6. DarthRaze

DarthRaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    Go to www.studio.adobe.com/learn/main.html and click on the expert center drop down to the right. Click on Adobe Premiere. You will have to register but it is free. They have tons of tutorials. www.videotidbits.com is pretty good as well. He actually has avi tutorials. You just have to look. They are out there.

7. Darth_Apporth

Darth_Apporth Jedi Master star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    I told Adobe that you were having problems with their software and they promised to get in touch with you.

8. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Lol, DA. Seriously?

Carl

9. opmaster

opmaster Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2002
    What program`s do u guys use ??

Is it just Premiere... ?

10. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I use Final Cut Pro, but if Premiere confuses you...well let's just say your head would explode if you tried to use FCP...

11. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    I wouldn't go telling this guy any other programs, anyone. Sounds like a ware-crawler to me with an ease of acquiring more software.

If its not the case, you have my apologies, but this is something nor you, nor me, nor anybody could prove. Although there is a certain P.O.P..... :D

Carl

12. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    do you at least have the manual?

PS: *coughs* signature *coughs*

13. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    The big two seem to be FCP and Premiere. People with macs tend to like FCP, while PC users use Premiere. I get the impression PC users would like FCP, but it's not offered. I'm a PC guy, and use Premiere. It's been good to me so far.

14. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    I'm a PC guy as well (but would love to have a mac and FCP) and I use Ulead MSP. I tried both the demos for MSP and Premiere and MSP just clicked for me, which is why I use it. I've used Premeiere at school as well though, and it is quite a good editor. i definately suggest you take th time to learn it.

15. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    I thought Premiere came with tutorials.

16. Kingleonard

Kingleonard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    Can't speak for P6, but I know P5 did. That's how I learnt the basics of the program. It has a series of tutorials on the install CD that runs you through various common scenarios (basic editing, slow motion, titles, etc) one of which is editing sound to vision (L cuts, T cuts, that sort of thing). I can't see why P6 wouldn't have something similar.

17. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    premiere 6 does come with tutorials, 60 mins of it at that! Premiere is really easy to use, i've only had it for about a month and a half, and it's somewhat easy to at least get around in (although, i am frightened to open the manual unless i know what im looking for is in there)

18. TheCrow

TheCrow Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    You can buy the Adobe Premiere 6 Bible. It's really helpful.

19. Starbux

Starbux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    I scrolled through all of that loooking for Lord_Homer to ask about the manual :) And I found it

20. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
  21. opmaster

opmaster Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2002
    I`ve got it now!

I read the manual once again and I now find VERY easy to use Premiere....

I must be very stupid to not understand the program...

It`s a great program to work in... easy too...

Sorry guys... It sounded so hard in the manual, but when I tweaked arounds for sometime I got it!

22. master-kevin

master-kevin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Dont you wish they made a program just for star wars FX that did everything?

23. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    No, period.

Carl

EDIT: Well... now that I think about it... nah, still nope. ;)

24. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    Just a tip, if the manual is too daunting, (which at some times I find manuals just explain things with too many words) I definately recommend that you use the supplied clips and tutorials in the manual.

I learnt premiere 5 off these, it's a bicycle race or something, and it teaches you how to do everything, like slow motion, adding images on top, animating movement on images, cutting your clips, adding audio and fading audio, fading clips, effects... almost everything you need to get going in this short 1.5 minute bicycle race.

It's really great, and I KNOW that it comes with premiere 6 too because when I got 6 I, just to see what it could do, loaded up those bicycle clips and played around with the new interface of P6.

So you CAN save alot of time by using these instead of the manual... they will teach you about a half of the manual in under 40 minutes.

Cya
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.