main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Add this guy to the list of Chiss characters...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mavrick889, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Just noticed this upon reading it, but in Episode I Adventures # 10 and 11, a "blue skinned pirate with red eyes" named Captain Swagg attempts to loot the Gungan Sacred Place. Hmmm.

2. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Good call Mav. I noticed that when i read it too, but simply dimissed it. He may be chiss, he may not be. Figured i'd jump on this post before Chissdude did.

But speaking truthfully, do we know of any Chiss besides Thrawn? Do we know the names of any of them? in VOTF, did the one with Parck and Fel actually have an name? This really puzzles me at this point in time.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Spiker.

4. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Yep, Val's right. Gamer # 5 confirms that Spiker is indeed a Chiss.

5. Garm_Bel_Iblis

Garm_Bel_Iblis Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2001
    In VotF, I know it mentions a Chiss named Stent who is an assistant to Admiral Parck. There's more too, I just forgot all of a sudden...

"Bel Iblis has an extensive repertoire of Corellian invectives"-Wedge

6. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Mav,
    I agree, that Captain Swagg, a man who is...
    "...a blue-skinned, black-haired humanoid male who sat in the captain's seat at the central command center. The humanoid wore an expensive, meticulously tailored red uniform, which matched the color of his eyes..."

...is indeed a Chiss. But, we need to make sure to note he hasn't indeed been officially confirmed as a Chiss. Perhaps we may someday find out the story of Captain Missw'ag'guruodo and how he ended up becoming a pirate on Naboo. Btw, he also appears in #12 of Episode I Adventures as well.

As for other Chiss, there's:
    Stent
    Obersken
    Shawnkyr Nuruodo
    Commandant Gimald Nuruodo
    Fenlish (technically unconfirmed as Chiss)
    Khana (technically unconfirmed as Chiss)
    Tlarik (technically unconfirmed as Chiss)
    Gintish...

7. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Curious...what stories are these 3 from?

Fenlish (technically unconfirmed as Chiss)
    Khana (technically unconfirmed as Chiss)
    Tlarik (technically unconfirmed as Chiss)

8. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Like most of them, they're from Red Sky,Blue Flame.

They're part of a group of "near-faceless" recruits. For the others, they are confirmed to be Chiss, by way of description or outright labelled as such. These guys aren't. They could be people like the Fels, sons/daughters of normal human Imperials. It's a slim chance, yes, but in a story about the son of a normal human in Chiss society, the possibility exists.

9. MysteryWhiteBoy8

Sep 4, 2001
    Is Spiker from Red Flame, Blue Sky, or whatever it is called?

I remember Stent now; thanks for the name.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Spiker is from SOTE, jabba tape, and a star wars tales story.

11. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Technically confirmed? He's a Chiss, c'mon. If it mentioned the captain's "three dark eyes, and goat-like face" nobody would argue as to whether or not he was a Gran.

12. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    The Cat...
    Not necessarily. Races/Species, unfortunatley have a way of changing when you least expect it. The Bothans are the perfect example of this. [face_plain] Borsk, (and the Bothans in general) has had so many different appearances, he's got a frequent user account at the facial-reconstruction center.

So, no. Technically, he's not a Chiss until we know he's a Chiss. There's humanoids with all sorts of skin colors from red skin, blue skin to green skin. Chiss might not be the only ones with blue skin.

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    From the official site(Star Wars database):

"Such diversity of appearance may be due to racial variations among scattered bothan clans."

14. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    Bothans have changed over the years, the Chiss have not. There's not much TO change when a species which looks human with blue skin and red eyes. That description is so concrete there's no other way to read it. Also, even humans themselves look different depending on the source, due to differences in art styles.

Again, with that passage, there is no reason to assume the captain is not a Chiss, and every reason to assume he is. The only reason people doubt it is because they get so tickled in reading about another Chiss they think it's too good to be true.

15. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Hey Genghis, what was the name of that Imp General you've mentioned before from the Marvel series. The one with the red eyes and blue skin. I know you mentioned he wasn't a Chiss, although for all I know that could have been changed fairly recently. If not, he's an excelent example of someone folks would claim was Chiss, but really wasn't.

16. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Knight,
    He's General Sk'ar, and I don't think there's any way anyone can confuse him for being a Chiss. Too many differences.

17. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Considering how Chiss happy some folks get, you sure? There's nothing wrong with there being Chiss around. But we get various characters who aren't even Chiss turned into them. I know at some point earlier this year some one tried saying that Jag Fel was Chiss. This seemed to end when they were told who and where his parents and uncle hailed from. I just don't remember who exactly it was. I'm fairly certain I know, however.

18. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    The only confusion which occured in relation to Sk'ar was a Bantam author who had no concept of existing continuity and was wholly ignorant of blue-skinned alien Imperial military leaders. [face_plain]

However, unless "Mitt'skar'runuordo" underwent extensive plastic surgery, he cannot be confused for being a Chiss.

Sk'ar's appearance is sort of like a big, hulking "Beta Ray Bill" (the alien Thor from Marvel). He's got a monstrous jaw and very non-Chiss features.

19. MysteryWhiteBoy8

Sep 4, 2001
    I'm assuming Spiker was one of the swoopies from the Shadows comic because i don't remember him too much.

You said "three eyes and goat-like face. . ." would be a gran. . . but it could also be a malastarian? right?

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes spiker was a swoop jock.

Gran and malastarians are the same species.

Skar varies from purple, to blue, to grey, depending on the degredation of the paper.

As well in some frames his eyes are red, in others they are black.

We'll have to wait and see what he now definitively looks like in the upcoming,"hopefully" color TPBs.

21. MysteryWhiteBoy8

Sep 4, 2001
    Thanks V.

Could you just tell me where it says Gran and Malastarians are the same? It makes sense that they are, but i don't know where it says that.

22. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    Just where is the "Red Sky,Blue Flame" from? I am kinda new here, and not up to date with all the SW literature. Also, if you guys could tell us newbies where info comes from when you post about it. Thanks

23. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Red Sky, Blue Flame is Elaine Cunningham's short story about Jag Fel in the latest issue of Star Wars Gamer magazine, Issue #7...

"To the Chiss, heroism is for fools."

24. moff_Sammael

moff_Sammael Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    Don't forget Brosh, Dreel and Sorn - they're all part of Hand of Thrawn.

25. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    You dont even dare discussing this without your resident chissdude. I for one am not surprised, the chiss outlaws are usually pirates who are banished from Csilla and end up on the OR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.