main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adding a stunt blade to a traditional Heiland Saber

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by gallion311, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gallion311

gallion311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Whats up all, I recently purchased a nice Heiland flash gun from ebay. I got the grips and Shroud attached without any problem, but heres the issue...

As some of you who have pruchased an authentic heiland flash know, there really isn't any easy way to install a stunt blade to it; Does anyone know how to accompplish this???

I started out by removing the spring, but that only leaves a tiny (smaller than a dime) size hole to fit a blade into, and even then Im not sure how I'd secure the blade...

If anyone needs a bit more visual reference, I can take a couple pics of the emitter..let me know.

I appreciate any comments...

gallion311

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I have a Heiland that I've added my own attachments and emitter shield to. I have not tried putting in a stunt blade, but I've tinkered with the idea.

The only way I can think of doing it is to take out the flash electronics entirely. It's held in place by the screws on the side; it just slips out. Once you take it out, you have an empty tube; most of the space in the Heiland is for the batteries. You'll need to come up with an emitter. I have a painted PVC pipe that fits inside the empty Heiland tude. It's held in place with screws, some that I use for control knobs. I had to cut matching holes in the PVC for that. The emitter is actually one of those rubber chair leg foot with a little circle of screen glued to the round part. It's jammed into the PVC pipe and stays there fine on it's own. I can take it out and replace it with another chair leg foot with a blade in it. But I haven't gotten around to doing that because I'm not sure how I want to hold the blade in place. I do not intend to spar with it; just looking for something for show.

BTW, if you take out the flash part, don't lose those screws if you want to put them back in. They are incredibly tiny and metric, too. You can't find them at your average hardware store; you could probably only find them at a camera repair place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.