main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Adding General Grievous To The End of AOTC

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Indy3, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Rick M in the most recent hyperspace chat said he wished that the General was in AOTC killing Jedi.

I say eventually this will be added.

What does everyone think of the idea?

2. Jedi-freek

Jedi-freek Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2005
    I think it would be interesting how you could see count dooku training grievous or an appaerence of a new sith

3. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    A more beneficial change would be to put a scene with Qui Gon talking to Dooku at the Jedi Temple in TPM. Dooku could express his concerns about the Republic and the Jedi and bid farewell to Qui Gon telling him that it would be the last ime that they would meet.

General Grievous does not need to be in ATOC. Hell he doesn't need to be in ROTS. He's a waste of half an hour of ROTS which could have been put to better use.

4. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    "Hell he doesn't need to be in ROTS. He's a waste of half an hour of ROTS which could have been put to better use."

I agree with that

5. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I think Grievous should be in AOTC, but I am afraid that in order for him to get the proper usage, it would require reshots, so I do not think he will be added.

Liam never did dialogue for ROTS, so that won't get added either.

6. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Well I'm sure Liam would be tempted if the scene ivolved him and Christopher Lee. Plus with all the money Lucas has he could always coerce Liam. Everyone has their price.

I just don't see how adding in Grievous into ATOC would be beneficial when so many other things could be classed as better uses of resources. Like adding in the Padme's family scene.

The battle of Geonosis was fine. Adding in Grievous would only take away from the intensity of the Lightsabre duel.

Remember how in ROTJ you're only interested in the Duel and space battle yet it keeps cutting back to Ewoks.

7. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I really like the idea of adding a tiny bit of Grievous to AotC. Nothing really overt, maybe a shot or two, maybe just drop him into something we already see. Nothing big, just something to give him a presence. Same thing with Dooku in TPM, really. I think both would be great moves in helping connect some of the elements of the PT that feel as though they come out of nowhere, but making a big deal out of either would harm pacing, so I wouldn't particularly emphasize them.

-Paul

8. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    adding grievous shouldn't be too hard, splice in a few more all CG shots and no editing required

9. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I don't understand this obsession people seem to have with putting every character regardless of importance in every single film. GG does not need to be in AOTC and Dooku had probably left the Jedi Order by the events of TPM and would have no place in the film.

Maybe we need to see Mon Mothma in TPM as a member of the Legislative Youth Program talking about how Palpatine might get too powerful...

...or maybe the Neimodian captian of the Invisible Hand at his TF Acadamy graduation...

...or maybe not... :)

10. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    "...or maybe the Neimodian captian of the Invisible Hand at his TF Acadamy graduation..."

so you heard about the TV series too? (-;

11. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I see your point. But I mean here, its not so bad as with the Dooku thing. I don't think adding one extra CGI character would do anything either way, if he was just walking around in the background of the Separatist war room, maybe.

There just enough so that fans could notice it, and no one else. Which is fine, since they're the only one's obsessed.

But I mean frankly, I don't care either way. And it would be nice if Grevious's rise did not seem so abrupt and unreasoned. I mean frankly, we didn't see any redeeming qualities in ROTS that would make one say, "I can see why he became a leader." On top of that AOTC, spent a lot of time stressing how Dooku was the face of the entire Separatist movement, and he alone. They even went into how he was the only one to have the credibility for that sort of role. To suddenly have him sharing the spotlight with Grievous in ROTS doens't really make sense.

12. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    Adding Grievous to the end of AOTC would be AWESOME. It could help give him more depth as a character and maybe show his brave side a little more.

In Episode 3, he's always running away or trying to run away. Showing him fight a couple Jedi at once and winning would be really great to see.

I read in one of the books that he actually kills some Jedi in the underground passages beneah the Geonosian battle arena. Lucas could definetely add that to the DVD with no problem considering he's CG.

13. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    General Grivous does not need to be in ep2, nor does Dooku need to be in ep1.
    We don't need to know where every character is doind in every prequel.

14. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    This is George Lucas we are talking about. Remember the scream Luke makes in The Empire Strikes Back in the first special edition? For the DVD release I'm pretty sure it has been removed. Why? George Lucas cannot make his mind up what he wants and I doubt he caved into pressure from the fans, simply because that awful scene where Greedo shoots first is still in the dvd release. He'll properly add him in his ULTIMATE STAR WARS EDITION. You'll buy it people, and he knows he can squeeze you dry.

15. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    A more beneficial change would be to put a scene with Qui Gon talking to Dooku at the Jedi Temple in TPM. Dooku could express his concerns about the Republic and the Jedi and bid farewell to Qui Gon telling him that it would be the last ime that they would meet.

Actually, I'd like to see Dooku talking to Mace and Yoda at Qui-Gon's funeral, saying how his padawan's death was the last straw and that he's leaving the order.

16. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Grievous I don't think is required.

Dooku, though, is an important character and I think we should see him in EpI before he left the order.

-------------------------------------------------------
    Dooku; You can't fool me Qui-Gon; what is troubling you my old apprentice?

Qui-Gon; Do you really have to ask?

Dooku; The council, ofcourse. Just because they sit in the big chairs and surround you with disapproving glances does not make them right my old friend. Do what you must.

Qui-Gon; Oh I shall!

Dooku; *laughs* And I don't doubt it.

------------------------------------------------------

Ofcourse Qui-Gon then repeats this consul 'I shall do what I must Obi-Wan' later. I think it would play out quite nicely and even increase the ambiguity o f Dooku's character in II.

17. Timothor

Timothor Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2004
    Im really surprised there are views such as they dont need to show everything. They dont really but elements such as that are important.

Not big deals but adding scenes that make the story more sensible are good to have in.
    I agree with adding Dooku, and MAYBE at the end of AOTC they could show some Separatist army scene like of Clones and with Grievous watching or something for 5 seconds.

First it shows of Republic army with Palpy and Senators, then it continues to show Grievous, Asajj and Dooku looking at a Droid army. Show the conflict of war. The element of destruction about to sweep the galaxy.

----

I think they should have put Asajj Ventress and Durge in the BACKGROUND of the Separatist meeting. Behind Dooku. They play big Separatist parts and just to acknowledge them in the shadows to show they are really part of the Separatist movement would be good.

Id also like dialogue for Jedi Masters. Some lines of Mace and Ki-Adi switching to different masters like Yarael Poof, Plo Koon and Eeth Koth.

18. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    It's better that he isn't, because you have that enigma leading into ROTS, especially after the Clone Wars shorts. It's like where'd this guy come from, which is better than an actual backstory. Palps and Yoda don't have concrete backstories and they are better without it.

19. Guy DuBlanc

Guy DuBlanc Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2000
    Grievous has a backstory. So does Jango. They're just not in the films.

Grievous was at Geonosis, fighting in the catacombs. He killed Jedi but no one lived to tell the tale. He did not make his grand appearance to the Jedi until Hypori (Clone Wars cartoon).

Having GG in AOTC undermines Dooku. Seeing GG in the Arena taking down Jedi would certainly be incredible, but it takes away from the ultimate power of Dooku.

Plus GG is unexplained in AOTC (who is he? is he a Sith? etc.) It's clear from ROTS (opening scroll) who GG is (leader of droid army).

20. and

and Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    I think it would be better if, instead, they removed him from Revenge of the Sith. Grievous was a total loser. I almost felt bad for him.

21. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    There is no reason to put Grievous in AOTC.

I think it would be as cool as Boba Fett having a little mini-bounty hunter suit flying around on his jet-pack and killing Jedi.

22. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I would go for this addition, if only for the reason that it would add a resonance to the character that is sorely lacking in his ROTS portrayal. Grievous was supposed to be such a fearsome and significant enemy that it was said his capture alone would be enough to end the Clone Wars. In reality, he came across to me more comical than ominous, with his chest cold and clichéd ?cowardly villain? dialogue and actions. I simply didn?t believe that there was reason to fear this character, and I certainly didn?t buy that he was some horrific slayer of Jedi.

23. saber_master69

saber_master69 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    i think if we need to add something it should be in ANH when they blow up alderan you faintly hear "weesa dead!" in the background

24. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Grievous' intro is in Clone Wars, and what an intro it is. Him killing and injuring Jedi. Then it follows up with him pretty much being the main villain of season 2. Adding him to AOTC would be dumb, he probably would not get a suitable intro like he did via Clone Wars.

25. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    "i think if we need to add something it should be in ANH when they blow up alderan you faintly hear "weesa dead!" in the background"

hehehehehehe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.