main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

adding weight to custom lightsabers

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DMG101, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMG101

DMG101 Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2007
    hi everyone my first post ,i am currently creating my first lightsaber the majority of the parts i am using are plastic (plastic piping etc) and as a result when finished it will be rather light-weight i was wondering is there anyway to add weight to the mainly plastic hilt? any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps. i could also use some tips on creating a removable blade for it and how to mount it on the hilt once again thanks.

2. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    Although I dont do any of this, it should work.

Not really sure on weight, but I have an answer for the second one.

Your handle should be about 13 inches. A saber is normally 40 inches. Going with these numbers keep in mind, have your blade about 50-53 inches, to put into the handle. Then, kinda hard to decribe, but when you put your prop blade in, find about 3-4 good locations to drill a hole. Drill the holes, and find a screw to go through. When the screw goes through, use a nut:
    [image=http://www.duke.edu/~alw6/nut.jpg]
    on the other side to keep the screw in . By using like 4, this should keep you blade in. When you dont need a blade, just unscrew, and take the blade out, but rescrew for continuity. Hope that helps.

3. DMG101

DMG101 Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2007
    thanx thats given me a great idea for blade problem .:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.