main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Addition to Fan Sites Header?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Daughter_Of_TheForce, May 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Every few days or so someone posts a thread announcing their new site/board. Those threads are always locked and redirected to the Personal SW website Index. Is it possible (or feasable) to have an extra line in the header directing people to post their site links in that thread?

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    It should be possible. Unless I can figure out how to do it, I'll check with Gandolf about updating the header in there to include that as an announcement.

3. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Okay, there's a notice up there now. It's not the most beautiful thing, but hopefully it will work. ;)

4. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Thank ye much! :)

5. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    In my opinion, I'm not totally sure if having one thread for listing your site is an amazing idea. I think it would benifit the popularity and activity of the Fan Sites forum if it was ran more like the Fan Art or Fan Films forum where users could post a new thread for their individual works and recieve feedback there. It would instantly produce more topics for discussion and instead of sending feedback via pm and not seeing what other people think about the site, members could react to the site and comment about it in the open. I think it would make the forum more interesting, but I haven't really participated in the FS forum so much and that's just my opinion.

6. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Well, there is a "sister thread" to that thread, where people post their feedback to the site.

I'm not sure how well it would work to give each site it's own thread. It seems like the majority of the posts in the fan site forum about individual sites seem to advertise a certain site, and they don't seem to care as much about feedback as someone in the Fan Art or Fan Film forum may. One of the main concerns was that threads for individual sites would push down all the other threads. I don't know for sure if that woudl happen or not.

It is something that can be discussed though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.