main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Additional Droid & Ewok DVDs?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by craigrr, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Does anyone know if the rest of these two series will be released on DVD? I've only seen the 2 discs out there. I'd like to get them for the nostalgia factor, plus, my 4 yr old dauther would dig them. I mean, she likes the Holiday Special & the Ewok Adventure movies so I'm pretty sure the cartoons would be a hit.

On a related note- I suffered thru 'Caravan of Courage' with my daughter this past weekend. Can someone please explain why if the Ewok movies can make it to DVD the Holiday Special can't? Actually, I know why, but wanted to vent. I forgot how bad the Ewok Adventure movies were. At least the Holiday Special has the campiness factor and you can tell it was done in good humor. I forgot how truly horrible the effects were in CoC. Did ILM do any work on this at all? I've seen higher production values in school plays.

2. FigrinDan

FigrinDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2005
    I would like to see these released as full sets or by season. So far I have held out on buying these individual discs waiting to hear any news of further releases.

Isn't it funny, though, how you view the Ewok movies now, as an adult? I remember absolutely loving these movies as a kid. Ahhhh.....nostalgia!

3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Dude, I know exactly what you mean. I was 13 when CoC first aired. I was glued to the set. I figured "Star Wars on TV! Rockin'!" I guess I just blocked it out over the years. The acting was bad, the story so-so, effects were horrible. The Holiday Special was the same way but at least you got the sense that it was done that way on purpose. The Ewoks movies give me the sense that someone, at some time, thought they were a good idea. But like most other things from our youth we can at least say "Hey! I was young and stupid. I didn't know what I was doing..."

I think the Insider needs to do a full expose on the Holiday Special & the Ewok movies. Interview all the actors, writers, etc... they can find. Tell us how the stories came into being, how they managed to get made and so on. At some point, everyone has to acknowledge their ugly step-child.

4. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Insider did to an Ewok special in the past. They interviewed Warwick Davis and the kid who played Mace.

5. Beautiful_Skywalker

Beautiful_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    The Ewok movies do not even compare to the Holiday Special. They're cheesy, but they are nowhere near as painful as the Holiday Special. As to the question of more animated Ewok & Droid DVDs, I think they've all been released. I believe there was only one season of the cartoon series, and each disc is two-sided with about 4 episodes per side. When you break that down, you end up with sixteen episodes total or something like that, which could easily be the total number of episodes in a Saturday morning cartoon series.

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Nah, there were a whole lot more episodes. Unfortunately I don't think we're going to get them in the near future. :(

7. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    There were two seasons of Ewoks.

I'm surprised the Droids DVD doesn't have the Boba Fett episode on it. Jabba the Hutt is even mentioned in it.

8. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I thought the cartoons only had one show per side. With all the crap that's out there, there's no reason they couldn't have sold us the complete sereis in one set.

9. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Indeed, I got all excited, thinking the full series would be available. But no, it's just a few episodes.

And the Ewok movies rawk hard. I'm gonna pick up the DVD one of these days...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.