main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Addressing the continuity problem

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Yaddle12, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yaddle12

Yaddle12 Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2002
    I am wondering if anyone has brought up the potential continuity problem that character stacking could present. Examples I can think of off the top would be young Anakin and old Obi-Wan being in play at the same time. Or how about young Anakin in play along with Luke. That would be a bit strange. Has WotC addressed this issue, I haven't seen anything in the posts I've read.

2. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    They haven't and most likely won't address the continuity "problem". Like Decipher and their SW:CCG, WOTC probably doesn't view it as an actual "problem".

3. Darksbane

Darksbane Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    Also since the first 2 sets deal only with Ep 1 and Ep 2 content there is no issue before this fall when the original trilogy expansion will come out

4. Yaddle12

Yaddle12 Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2002
    I didn't know if Decipher had addressed the issue or not. Does anyone know what Sith Rising will be about? I mean, is it more AOTC material because TPM didn't give much material for such an expansion IMO

5. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Also since the first 2 sets deal only with Ep 1 and Ep 2 content there is no issue before this fall when the original trilogy expansion will come out

Um, I see top remember seeing a Darth Vader card on Decktech.

Continuity problems create too many headaches and become too restrictive, so expect them, to be ignored.

6. Darksbane

Feb 9, 2002
    Just because the card has been revealed doesn't mean it will be coming out in the first set. I actually think that card will be a promo in the action figs.

Also if you really want to know how they are handeling contunity problems read this rule exceprpt from WotC Rep MJK
    Look for the part on contested unique characters.

7. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    That doesn't address the continuity "problem". You can still have a Young Anakin and an Old Obi-Wan in play at the same time.

8. Darksbane

Feb 9, 2002
    ahhh oops. I do see your point there.

9. Bubba_the_Genius

Bubba_the_Genius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    Nature of the beast, I'm afraid. But I don't see it as an actual problem, since this is more akin to a strategy game than a role-playing game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.